• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

DaBoss

I hope this time we don't manage to lose our Pokemon to the wild Pokemon. 3 fainted and Charmeleon and Pidgeotto were basically half dead.

Zabant

suaL1bX.png

Welp

I'm having trouble using this

$("<style type='text/css'>#chat_line_list li{display:none;}</style>").appendTo("head");setInterval(function(){$('#chat_line_list li').each(function(){var a=$(this);var t=$.trim(a.text().split(':')[1]);if(!t.match(/^(up|down|left|right|a|b|start|select?)$/i)){a.show();}});$("#chat_lines").scrollTop(999999);},100)

to disable commands in the chat. Using chrome. I hit f12, click on console, paste and hit enter, then refresh, and I can't get it to work.

Help would be greatly appreciated

Boogiepop

Just woke up. Looks like we're still in the cave? Also, am looking at things right in that Pidgeotto must have tried to evolve, only to have it canceled?

Wh0 N0se

You're right, but they can be avoided. In *theory*. But here... we'll see.

I think the general rule for this stream should be that anything that can be avoided, won't be!

I'm predicting a level 80 Pidgeot by the time we beat the Elite Four, lol.

I've been watching this on and off for awhile now. Its a great concept, but because of the mass amount of drive-by-trolling, the admin seriously needs to find a way of locking down who can post, get more trusted Moderators who can ban/mute people who are obviously not there to play the game.

Yesterday, we were stuck at a single spot for literally 6 hours because Reddit and 4chan kept on running in and throwing us off a 1 block cliff while locking us in the corner

Koren

I've been watching this on and off for awhile now. Its a great concept, but because of the mass amount of drive-by-trolling, the admin seriously needs to find a way of locking down who can post, get more trusted Moderators who can ban/mute people who are obviously not there to play the game.
Would be more efficient, but I don't think this was the intent of the owner of the stream to be efficient. He wanted to see what can be done with those issues. He even had a problem with throttling down start.

Would be more efficient, but I don't think this was the intent of the owner of the stream to be efficient. He wanted to see what can be done with those issues. He even had a problem with throttling down start.

Then he should look to get more moderators who can temporarily mute when drive-by trolling happen

Grizzo

Yesterday, we were stuck at a single spot for literally 6 hours because Reddit and 4chan kept on running in and throwing us off a 1 block cliff while locking us in the corner

At the speed the chat is rolling, blocking trolls would be quite a difficult task. Especially with so many people checking in and out of the stream.

I support his decision to take it away, it makes things take longer but the game is gonna take forever already as it is. Its also taking away functions in the game that is more than just cosmetics.

Then he should look to get more moderators who can temporarily mute when drive-by trolling happen
How do you know whos trolling and whos not? Its fair game whatever input you choose. What you're suggesting kinda ruins the spirit of the whole thing.

Mistel

Banned
You have to do both Rocket events -- the Game Corner one and then Lavender Tower. Once you've completed both of those, I think the Guard gets thirsty and requires a drink (any of the drinks). You absolutely would need a decently leveled team to fight Sabrina, though. However, you could then go straight into Silph Co. and get more levels in there as well as the Dojo (where Hitmonless/Hitmonchan are). Then you (theoretically) could beat Sabrina.
The sliph scope is able to be skipped if you have a pokedoll. Sabrina will require more training before an attempt is made maybe some different pokemon.

Mikey Jr.

That would destroy the whole point of this then. Why doesn't the streamer just play the game by himself at that point?

We got this far with the trolls, I don't want people to start getting banned because they aren't "playing the game properly". Fuck that.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I do wish they'd keep start throttled. It's annoying because it's just a time-waster - you can outvote wrong directions easily enough, but if you get stuck in the menu it just takes too long to get out.

Hoo-doo

Banned

And that's amazing. They shouldn't change a thing.

This is what I'm talking about lol. You guys ain't seen nothing yet.... The strength puzzles will be damn near impossible.
As impossible as depositing a ratata with dig while not throwing away any other Pokemon? It'll happen eventually, especially if all the Pokemon are level 100s, which will happen with enough time.

This is fun because despite the odds, there's progress, its amazingly rewarding even just as a spectator.

As long as the stream itself doesn't stop being a think, victory will happen eventually. If it takes too horribly forever then eventually the number of people watching and controlling will dwindle and then it will be significantly easier to do tricky bits like the Strength puzzles.

As long as the stream itself doesn't stop being a think, victory will happen eventually. If it takes too horribly forever then eventually the number of people watching and controlling will dwindle and then it will be significantly easier to do tricky bits like the Strength puzzles.
Yep, things will balance out with enough time.

Yep you use it to flee and the marowak ghost disappears, with no need to clear out the hide out for it.
No one does that though, experience is everything!

yNNk0-9sB0cRL30NkgyQhfULM36CbTOIurBzsdIhhRFLlk8OiGB1g-oSU5gsQ4VQEYUK4no0rgb99QeaXlyHzi6WsW63kBWGovEMoPRmCrNq6LSDwk0eN5Iuzg=s600

This keeps cracking me up

And like I said, the Emerald Bike maze will be as bad, because one small mistep will screw you up. You've got to move fast.

Wonder what this would be like for a non turn based game

Grizzo

So, are we betting on how long this game is gonna take to be beaten? I'd say something like 11 days.

Also, could Nintendo ever complain about how "all these people are playing a Pokemon rom and it's unfair and illegal"?

Zabant

As impossible as depositing a ratata with dig while not throwing away any other Pokemon? It'll happen eventually, especially if all the Pokemon are level 100s, which will happen with enough time.

This is fun because despite the odds, there's progress, its amazingly rewarding even just as a spectator.

You are really, REALLY underestimating how incredibly low the chances of inputting the correct commands, in sequence to finish those puzzles is.

The 12 lefts in a row without a single down will seem like a happy memory in comparison.

Even if we had an entire squad of 100's with us, the atrition of wasting PP on the wild pokemon will force us to use STRUGGLE, which damages the pokemon that uses it, eventually killing the team and restarting the entire process ALL OVER AGAIN.

This isn't a matter of having faith we'll make it; It's pure maths.

The heat death of the universe will occur before we finish this.

Top Bottom