• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

I have no idea why people want to go right to the gym. Eevee's not a long detour and we're going to black out at the gym a few times anyway. Might as well grind some experience for our newest party member.

Though I do want to see if we can somehow pull a victory of the ass like we ALMOST did the first time we fought Surge.

Anth0ny

Honestly, all of that applies to vaporeon too. We would still have to teach it moves and even then, surf doesn't cover that much.

We've made it this far mainly on gust and cut. Surf is pretty much the best move you can hope for in a run like this, especially considering it's an hm (can't be tossed/wasted).

DJ88

Probably the funniest thing is seeing the people in the chat who actually try to coordinate a plan of action or try to get trolls to stop.

"Guys! Everyone stop talking and lets choose a direction!

"Everybody calm down and let's think this through!"

So hopeless haha.

Grizzo

when on the twitch.tv page, press ctrl+shift+k for firefox or ctrl+shift+j for chrome which opens the console. then just paste it in the box and hit enter.

also this is the script that removes button commands from chat, making it somewhat readable

chatButton=$("ul.segmented_tabs li a").first();$("<li><a class='spamToggle'>Spam</a></li>").insertAfter(chatButton);chatButton.css("width",chatButton.width()-100);$(".spamToggle").css("width",30).click(function(){if($(".spamHideCSS").length!=0){$(".spamHideCSS").remove();$("a.spamToggle").toggleClass("selected")}else{$("<style type='text/css' class='spamHideCSS'>#chat_line_list li{display:none;}</style>").appendTo("head");$("a.spamToggle").toggleClass("selected")}});$("<style type='text/css' class='spamHideCSS' >#chat_line_list li{display:none;}</style>").appendTo("head");setInterval(function(){$('#chat_line_list li').each(function(){var a=$(this);var t=$.trim(a.text().split(':')[1]);if(!t.match(/^(up|down|left|right|a|b|start|select?)$/i)){a.show()}});if(CurrentChat.currently_scrolling)CurrentChat.scroll_chat()},100)

It works for like 5 seconds for me and then it comes back to normal (with all the command buttons in the chat), I don't know why.

Edit: No, actually it seems to be working. I only see the commands ignored by the game (things like "UP", "Down" or "rigth"). Thanks for the script!

Edit again: No, commands are back once again. Oh well, that's not really important anyway.

Toxi

Banned
I disagree, for the reason I listed: the Psychic types that are in OU, are, for the most part, not there because they use Psychic-type attacks. Most Starmie and Slowbro sets don't even use Psychic, and Exeggutor and Jynx only use it because their movepools are shit. Alakazam is the only Pokemon in OU to use Psychic with the main purpose of being offensive. The reason those five Pokemon are in OU is because a) Psychic type is so good defensively, and b) they all have incredible stats - particularly Starmie, Slowbro and Alakazam. Like, there's a reason Hypno isn't OU, and a reason that Mr. Mime isn't OU - they may be Psychic types, but they have terrible stat-spreads (and thus are anomalous amongst Psychic types).
Hyno, Kadabra, and Mr. Mime are all BL in RBY because they're Psychic type. They're not OU because they're completely outclassed by the Psychic types that are there.

BlueMagic

Probably the funniest thing is seeing the people in the chat who actually try to coordinate a plan of action or try to get trolls to stop.

So hopeless haha.

Yeah, the lesson here is that given 2 or 3 choices, people won't make up their mind even if it's for the greater good. We are selfish.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
We've beat every challenge this game threw our way, but we are now stuck because humans can't make a collective decision.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Hyno, Kadabra, and Mr. Mime are all BL in RBY because they're Psychic type. They're not OU because they're completely outclassed by the Psychic types that are there.

None of those Pokemon are BL in RBY. The BL tier in RBY got quashed altogether on account of how pointless the division was.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
We've beat every challenge this game threw our way, but we are now stuck because humans can't make a collective decision.

The general consensus has been heading to the gym for a bit, but it's just hard to cut... THIS time Start is needed!

Wazzy

Banned
That's the thing. Lapras avoids the complications of Eevee and eevee+lapras would require pc

While true, we're fucked if we keep dux in our party. He's not good.

If we can rid of him we'll be fine. But this chat would rather rush to fight the gym instead of do something that requires a bit of time.

Reversed

The scripts above have some weird spacing that triggers syntax errors. Perhaps that happens when you copy paste it in here.

I can't figure out wth is this (these?) function(s?) are going to do.

var keyIn=function(e,t){e.preventDefault();$("#chat_text_input").val(t)}; #undefined, fine

$("#chat_speak").trigger ("click");console.log(t)}; # fuck?

God bless whoever brought the script for key input string filters. I wish the server side showed up what buttons are actually being input in the game (like in the tetris streaming).

Wazzy

Banned
I honestly think the streamer should step in if Char or Pidge get released. Just restart and allow us to try again.

Aggrotek

Yeah the ones posted dont work

Does this one work?

$("<style type='text/css'>#chat_line_list li{display:none;}</style>").appendTo("head");setInterval(function(){$('#chat_line_list li').each(function(){var a=$(this);var t=$.trim(a.text().split(':')[1]);if(!t.match(/^(up|down|left|right|a|b|start|select?)$/i)){a.show();}})},50)

Gardex

Cutting this three is going to be a lot harder than the vermillion and cerulean ones because there are no "grooves" to get stuck in beside the three.

I honestly think the streamer should step in if Char or Pidge get released. Just restart and allow us to try again.

Nope, zero interventions please. If we fuck ourselves over with something, too bad. Let it die down to a level where cooperation is possible again and build it back up.

The entire point of the experiment is to see what happens, not to beat the game as smoothly (lol) as possible.

Nope, zero interventions please. If we fuck ourselves over with something, too bad. Let it die down to a level where cooperation is possible again and build it back up.

The entire point of the experiment is to see what happens, not to beat the game as smoothly (lol) as possible.

The only time its okay is when someone resets the game

rekameohs

Banned

Yup. I understand the Safari Zone workarounds that will need to be done, but everything else needs to be done by the masses.

-Horizon-

So hopeless haha.

Someone's gotta try.

Putting a pokemon in the daycare is probably the best bet at freeing up another slot without the risk of releasing a pokemon. Whether 30,000 people could coordinate to even attempt something like that is unlikely.

Top Bottom