• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Cess007

I wasn't there, so did Erika defeat us with wrap or a random gym trainer?

It was a trainer. But it was an intentional defeat; we were down to one single pokemon (Based Pidgeot) and - in theory - it was faster to die and reappear at the Pokemon Center - than exit the gym, use cut to reach PokeCenter and then once again when trying to reach again the Gym.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It seems that people is getting kinda tired. The stream has dropped to 47K from the 55K it was a while ago...

... but yeah, there's still 47K monkeys trying to cut a tree and failing :p

More than it's like midnight in Europe now. People going to sleep.

4OvLPgR.jpg

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I think they fought over 20 times. The Charmander basically power leveled himself on Staryu

Now that's perseverance.

How did it even GET to Misty 20 times.

Someone suggested that the creator of the RNG stream might be adjusting the inputs a little bit by changing the weighting of the directional inputs (more % for left or right or something), and this is basically the ONLY explanation I have for them getting so far.

Otherwise it should be impossible to be this far already.

Someone suggested that the creator of the RNG stream might be adjusting the inputs a little bit by changing the weighting of the directional inputs (more % for left or right or something), and this is basically the ONLY explanation I have for them getting so far.

The creator said in chat that he was rigging the RNG. Yesterday, he had a Charmeleon even though he was stuck in Pallet town or something.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
The creator said in chat that he was rigging the RNG. Yesterday, he had a Charmeleon even though he was stuck in Pallet town or something.

Yeah, lost interest once this became apparent. These things shouldnt be messed with at all or these accomplishments arent saying anything. Like if the channel creator here would step in for every bush they come across. Just pointless.

Yeah I sort of feel there is some kind of helping hand, especially after the comments about lowering B input to try to get cut.

Toma

Jesus fuck at that viewer count and it just keeps on growing. This thing has turned into a monster lol.

Honestly not sure why people are so surprised. I would have thought we'd reach 100k by next week.

Josephl64

It was a trainer. But it was an intentional defeat; we were down to one single pokemon (Based Pidgeot) and - in theory - it was faster to die and reappear at the Pokemon Center - than exit the gym, use cut to reach PokeCenter and then once again when trying to reach again the Gym.

I see, such a brilliant strategy :)

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I wanna see how long it'd take to get a single star in Twitch Plays Super Mario 64

They'd never get it. In Pokemon Twitch, each person typing a command gets that command done for a single frame. In Mario, you have to hold a button for multiple frames for continued movement - a single frame is used for direction changing and won't move Mario.

Blizzard

Banned
Where are people watching the stream now? The Twitch stream just says could not be found/deleted by owner for me. *edit* Nevermind, used wrong URL.

Stoze

Yeah, lost interest once this became apparent. These things shouldnt be messed with at all or these accomplishments arent saying anything. Like if the channel creator here would step in for every bush they come across. Just pointless.

I don't think he went into creating this with the intention of it being a big accomplishment or to validly prove something, he did it for the entertainment factor and just as a fun experiment. But yeah, I kinda would've liked to see what would happen if he just started it up and did absolutely nothing, except for maybe adjusting Safari Zone steps (which would be impossible to get through). I also don't really get the point of using a romhack to have all 151 pokemon on the same cart.

Top Bottom