• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

fly negates risk because you cant release a pokemon with an hm? Problem is a lot of people don't want fly cause it opens the gates for trolls

Well now we should get Fly because the Eevee dipshits have now made it necesarry to use the PC. The ultimate troll would be releasing Pidgegod.

tensuke

Why was eevee a bad idea again?

Well there were 5 pokemon in the party, but none could learn surf which is necessary later on. So we were hoping to keep the 6th slot open for a water type. You get Lapras later on as it's given to you, so we don't have to worry about buying/using pokeballs to catch anything. People wanted to get Eevee, because you can give it a water stone to evolve into Vaporeon which can learn surf. Problem with that is, one: it's at a lower level than Lapras, so it will take more grinding to make it useful in battle, two: Lapras is an automatic water type, eevee needs the water stone to evolve. This means we have to go to the department store, spend $2100 on a water stone, and use it on eevee. We got to the store, but we managed to waste money on an extra pokedoll and bought a fire stone instead. I think they're trying to buy a water stone with the remaining money we have. If we can't get one, and successfully use it on eevee, we'll have to go deposit/babysit a pokemon later on to get a water type on the team. So, most likely, getting eevee was a waste of time and money and could potentially cause the release of an established member of the team.

BUT all that being said...Helix Fossil has been telling us Eevee was a good idea. So I'll trust in the Helix that the choice was actually wise.

If we do fly away, it would be by accident.

It's impossible to troll an action through sub-menus with a 20-40 second lag that requires using half the possible inputs with 40,000+ other people

Faddy

Banned
The smart thing to do now is use the firestone and end this eevee nonsense.
Get the water
get the bike voucher
drop a poke at daycare
get bike
go to pokemon tower - we have dolls might as well try and use them.

Things to avoid
PC
Fly HM

Actually in gen 1 you can release a pokemon with an hm, i just tried it out.

I'm pretty sure it only applies to HM moves that you could potentially get permanently stuck without, like Surf. Not sure if it applies to Fly. Don't think it applies to Cut. Maybe you can try it out with a bunch of different HMs, for the sake of our peace of mind?

Ambient80

dh6BIO7.png

Kappa

Well there were 5 pokemon in the party, but none could learn surf which is necessary later on. So we were hoping to keep the 6th slot open for a water type. You get Lapras later on as it's given to you, so we don't have to worry about buying/using pokeballs to catch anything. People wanted to get Eevee, because you can give it a water stone to evolve into Vaporeon which can learn surf. Problem with that is, one: it's at a lower level than Lapras, so it will take more grinding to make it useful in battle, two: Lapras is an automatic water type, eevee needs the water stone to evolve. This means we have to go to the department store, spend $2100 on a water stone, and use it on eevee. We got to the store, but we managed to waste money on an extra pokedoll and bought a fire stone instead. I think they're trying to buy a water stone with the remaining money we have. If we can't get one, and successfully use it on eevee, we'll have to go deposit/babysit a pokemon later on to get a water type on the team. So, most likely, getting eevee was a waste of time and money and could potentially cause the release of an established member of the team.

BUT all that being said...Helix Fossil has been telling us Eevee was a good idea. So I'll trust in the Helix that the choice was actually wise.

OR they can just go and revive Omanyte "D "D

linko9

Depositing in the PC won't necessarily be too bad... people just need to realize that we have to deposit someone BEFORE getting lapras, or it will become a nightmare trying to withdraw it.

Mikey Jr.

Actually, we bought 2 pokedolls.

Box

So uh, about not being able to release Pokemon with HM moves.

I just tried releasing all of my Pokemon that know Fly and nothing stopped me.

Are we sure we know exactly how this works? There may be some additional conditions.

wamberz1

So uh, about not being able to release Pokemon with HM moves.

I just tried releasing all of my Pokemon that know Fly and nothing stopped me.

Are we sure we know exactly how this works? There may be some additional conditions.

Well i guess this confirms it.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'll tell you what Eevee gives us, ladies and gentlemen, and its something that Lapras never could. Eevee gives us a narrative. When we, the poor unwashed masses, pour our hopes and dreams and adulations and sorrows into this great game, we are but mimicking that cruellest of stories which is life. In life, not everything is buttercups and daisies. The best laid plans of mice and men gang aft agley - but without those depths, without the despair, the struggle, the torment, the pain; well, we wouldn't have the pinnacle, the catharsis, the triumph, the ecstasy. Lapras represented the mechanical option, the brutal utilitarian calculus of efficiency - about as human as a knife to the heart. We're more than that. We embrace what it is to be human, and understand that it's not always about what's efficient, or quickest, or easiest: the joy is in the journey. When I look to Eevee, I see that journey. I see choice, the divergence of paths that we may determine for ourselves. I see a great aspiration, that we may one day better ourselves and realise our full potential. I see a better world, and one we should strive towards. There are those who cast doubt upon those words, who throw petty scorn - and they failed - you failed - for a reason. You failed because in your whinging rebuke, you let go of the narrative. You let go of your ability to influence the story, your input into this little world. So busy with your mewling spite and hatred, your penitence must be to suffer the consequences. Those consequences are that this story is now ours.

#TeamEevee

Wallach

I'll tell you what Eevee gives us, ladies and gentlemen, and its something that Lapras never could. Eevee gives us a narrative. When we, the poor unwashed masses, pour our hopes and dreams and adulations and sorrows into this great game, we are but mimicking that cruellest of stories which is life. In life, not everything is buttercups and daisies. The best laid plans of mice and men gang aft agley - but without those depths, without the despair, the struggle, the torment, the pain; well, we wouldn't have the pinnacle, the catharsis, the triumph, the ecstasy. Lapras represented the mechanical option, the brutal utilitarian calculus of efficiency - about as human as a knife to the heart. We're more than that. We embrace what it is to be human, and understand that it's not always about what's efficient, or quickest, or easiest: the joy is in the journey. When I look to Eevee, I see that journey. I see choice, the divergence of paths that we may determine for ourselves. I a great aspiration, that we may one day better ourselves and realise our full potential. I see a better world, and one we should strive towards. There are those who cast doubt upon those words, who throw petty scorn - and they failed - you failed - for a reason. You failed because in your whinging rebuke, you let go of the narrative. You let go of your ability to influence the story, your input into this little world. So busy with your mewling spite and hatred, your penitence must be to suffer the consequences. Those consequences are that this story is now ours.

#TeamEevee

b

Roto13

They're never going to get surf anyway because they're never going to make it through the safari zone.

They will run out of money before this happens.

Top Bottom