• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

789shadow

Banned
I haven't been keeping up with this in a while. Legit question here and I'm sorry if it's already been answered.

How in the hell do they have a Charmeleon? Of all the thousands of people in chat, a bunch of whom are just there hitting Start and trolling, not one of them hit B during that entire evolution sequence? Did that actually happen?
I'm about to blow your mind: they have a Pidgeot.

Pudge

I haven't been keeping up with this in a while. Legit question here and I'm sorry if it's already been answered.

How in the hell do they have a Charmeleon? Of all the thousands of people in chat, a bunch of whom are just there hitting Start and trolling, not one of them hit B during that entire evolution sequence? Did that actually happen?

They got Charmeleon on Day 1 before it exploded in popularity.

Smellycat

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

This is incredible

entremet

It was before the trolls showed up.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

There were about 400 people on when Charmeleon evolved. We'd only hit two thousand by Mt. Moon (when I turned up), even. Things started getting big during the early Bill/Misty Wars, the Departure of the Moonstone, and the Ascendancy of Based Pidgeotto, when we climbed up to five thousand or so, and never looked back.

t26

There is a 20-40 lag, so they will evolute eventually.

Limit

I don't get this reverence for moonstone. It got tossed like garbage early into the stream. Why do some people keep bringing it up?

Dad

Can someone fill me in on why having a counter for ghosts is such a big deal right now? I thought Pokemon Tower was optional once we open up Saffron.

Zetta

We were all dreading the Safari Zone but forgot about this hell hole. This is going to take all night just to get out let alone use a stone.

Lapras was our one true savior and we have forsaken thee for the false prophet Eevee, who is nothing more than a manifestation of the Dome Fossil.

Toxi

Banned
We should grind Drowzee. It evolves into Hypno at a fairly low level (26), it already (Fuck you Eevee) knows a decent move that hits Ghosts supereffectively and Rocks neutral effectively, and if we get lucky it'll know Psychic either through TM or level up.

Mikey Jr.

Were you here for ledge-gate?

Because after that, anything is possible.

Because the Almighty Helix Fossil deemed it to be so....just as the Helix fossil gave us Bird Jesus Pidgeot.

Ambient80

The real question is how they got Pidgeot with 30k people in chat. It took about 8 tries, but it happened.

Supposedly the stream lagged out like it normally does and stopped accepting commands, but there are conspiracy theorists out there that say commands were disabled during the evolution.

Pudge

Lapras was our one true savior and we have forsaken thee for the false prophet Eevee, who is nothing more than a manifestation of the Dome Fossil.

:D I honestly hope that this is the beginning of a Pokemon based religion ala the Star Trek Futurama episode. Helix is a god I can trust.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?

Praise be to Helix

I think they should just buy two more soda and then the Eevee sage will be half over.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of the Pokeflute, isn't it possible to waste a turn in battle after you have it? I seem to remember using it over and over when I wanted the Elite 4 to kill me...

Yes. You can use it to wake-up Pokemon, but if you use it when none are asleep it still takes a turn up.

Wallach

We should grind Drowzee. It evolves into Hypno at a fairly low level (26), it already (Fuck you Eevee) knows a decent move that hits Ghosts supereffectively and Rocks neutral effectively, and if we get lucky it'll know Psychic either through TM or level up.

don't worry bro i'm sure pidgeot is excited to have flareon as backup

Zabant

Charmeleon evolved back at brock's gym, were around 200 people when I first joined.

Considering it has to register b for 3 frames (aka holding b) and a single b input is one frame, there weren't enough trolls to stop it.

Same goes for based Pidgy-Pidgeotto

Pidgeot was pure lag stream luck

Top Bottom