• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

BlueMagic

Welcome to the Celadon Department Store
Such a lovely place (such a lovely place)
plenty of room at the Celadon Department Store
any time of year, you can find it here

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I think the moral of this story is that when the Europeans are asleep and America gets put in charge, shit fucks up.

Aggrotek

I LOVE IT.

Amazing.

Hah! Thanks! :D

Here are the images I have made today. The geodude version doesn't translate as well to full size...

S8uhp05.jpg

xPNUjTu.jpg

qkgqNBe.png

Dad

You need to go there to get the PokeFlute, to wake up Snorlax.

Oh wow, I was totally misremembering the world map layout. There's no way we aren't just going to throw out all those drinks before we get to Saffron. I mean, it's still several towns away.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
For the input/game to freeze occasionally, it's because of either bugs in the bot or overload from tens of thousands of inputs being thrown at it.

The way the game takes button inputs is you push a button and it performs an action, and until that action is completed all other presses are ignored. So for quick things like moving through menus, it will read a lot of the inputs, but when moving, it will ignore any inputs until the movement is completed, on a tile-by-tile basis. Opening the start menu takes a few seconds, for example, so until it's open any inputs the bot receives and sends will be ignored by the game.

Oh I see, sorta, thanks.

Wallach

I think the moral of this story is that when the Europeans are asleep and America gets put in charge, shit fucks up.

this is your fault eevee sympathizer

we ought to drown this thing in a bucket behind the mart and pretend it never happened

How are we fucking this up so bad? "Getting off the top floor" seem a lot more simple than, "14 consecutive rights without a down," but apparently it isn't.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Oh wow, I was totally misremembering the world map layout. There's no way we aren't just going to throw out all those drinks before we get to Saffron. I mean, it's still several towns away.

No, Saffron's really near. Exit the Pokemart, go right, and the first guard is only maybe 15 tiles from the edge of Celadon.

Box

We're never getting out of here until this Eevee situation is resolved. Too many people pulling in different directions.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
this is your fault eevee sympathizer

we ought to drown this thing in a bucket behind the mart and pretend it never happened

Drown it in Water Stones, sure, for then we'll have #basedvaporeon.

Dad

No, Saffron's really near. Exit the Pokemart, go right, and the first guard is only maybe 15 tiles from the edge of Celadon.

OH SHIT, you're right. I'm waaaay too rusty on these games. But wait. If we can open up Saffron, why do we need to wake up either of the Snorlax? Can't we just cut through Saffron to go to anywhere Snorlax blocks?

Faddy

Banned
Lapras was our one true savior and we have forsaken thee for the false prophet Eevee, who is nothing more than a manifestation of the Dome Fossil.

Yep Lapras was made in the likeness of our Helix god. The false fire gods who have given us a terrible charmeleon will be laughing in our faces when flareon curses us.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
OH SHIT, you're right. I'm waaaay too rusty on these games. But wait. If we can open up Saffron, why do we need to wake up either of the Snorlax? Can't we just cut through Saffron to go to anywhere Snorlax blocks?

No. Saffron opens onto Vermillion, Cerulean, Lavender and Celadon. We need to get to Fuschia after Saffron. That requires clearing one of the two Snorlax.

Ultratech

There's two Snorlaxes and both block the paths to Fuchsia City.
One to right of Celadon and another on Route 11.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Just let #TeamEevee try to buy their precious stone, let them fail, and get it over with.

Zabant

Ok, final push for the stone.

Here we go........

All we have to do is walk one screen to the right and hand over the drink to the thirsty guard, then we could try for the stone again, but nope #TeamEevee would rather us toss/sell them in order to TRY and get a Water Stone and the manage to use it without tossing it instead of the fire stone.

Top Bottom