• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

I'm kind of worried that even if they succeed abby, BasedPidgeot, or Drowzee Macghostkiller will get stuck in the day care instead of jay..

Cess007

I love that page xD

tumblr_n14qk5axUb1rn4d83o1_500.png

OK, this is it. I need to work tomorrow and i gotta sleep. May the Helix be with you all!

Toxi

Banned
I'm kind of worried that even if they succeed abby, BasedPidgeot, or Drowzee Macghostkiller will get stuck in the day care instead of jay..
We have enough money to try and fail plenty of times.

I'm just annoyed by the time this detour will take, almost enough for me to wish we just use the PC.

EDIT: You know what, fuck this, we should just risk it with the PC.

I'm going to bed.

LProtag

I feel as if the helix fossil is a parasite that we can't get rid of.

Back when we started it was the moon stone we looked to, but we forsook it. We were not worthy of it.

Boogiepop

Well, I'm going to sleep. Maybe when I wake up people will have figured things out again. And hopefully the party won't be catastrophically ruined through shenanigans.

I think a great twist for the next Twitch Plays Pokemon would be to have a Gold channel and a Silver channel, and have the two compete, that way there is some extra motivation to finish faster and foster some rivalry.

Only downside it people trying to sabotage the other team.

I think a great twist for the next Twitch Plays Pokemon would be to have a Gold channel and a Silver channel, and have the two compete, that way there is some extra motivation to finish faster and foster some rivalry.

Someone needs to do this. It's the logical next step.

upandaway

I don't think that's a downside, hell that would actually make trolling not be frustrating, since it has a reason. I like this idea.

linko9

I forgot we have to pay to take pokemon out of daycare.... 100 per level. So whoever gets put in there ain't ever coming out.

edit: actually I guess if they manage to beat the elite 4 and then come pick him up it would be fine. But I don't think they'll have the money otherwise.

This is brilliant and now i'll be disappointed if it doesn't happen.

Someone needs to do this. It's the logical next step.

I don't think that's a downside, hell that would actually make trolling not be frustrating, since it has a reason. I like this idea.

This is brilliant and now i'll be disappointed if it doesn't happen.

Thanks, I wish there was a way to contact him but the Polygon interview I read says he wants to stay anonymous. It did mention he has great nostalgia for the first 2 gens which is what got me thinking about this in the first place.

What I think would be cool is have a 2D fighting game like Super Turbo. Have two channels like twitchplaysPlayer1 and twitchplaysPlayer2 where you can give the directions.

On topic: this sequence reminds me of a ladder.

PBalfredo

How does releasing pokemon work in R/B? Doesn't the release option only apply to the pokemon already in the PC, not in the party? If we go and use the PC right now, before Lapras goes in, then the only pokemon in danger of being released is Digttata, which is no big loss.

What I think would be cool is have a 2D fighting game like Super Turbo. Have two channels like twitchplaysPlayer1 and twitchplaysPlayer2 where you can give the directions.

On topic: this sequence reminds me of a ladder.

If it was a fighting game it'd be better for something like MK as the move inputs would make more sense.

bon

How does releasing pokemon work in R/B? Doesn't the release option only apply to the pokemon already in the PC, not in the party? If we go and use the PC right now, before Lapras goes in, then the only pokemon in danger of being released is Digttata, which is no big loss.

There's about a 1/3 chance they'll accidentally put Charmeleon or Pidgeot in the box.

pigeon

Banned
Just started watching this. This is fucking amazing. The best part is the people in the chat channel trying to tell the other people in the chat channel to stop putting in bad inputs.

PBalfredo

There's about a 1/3 chance they'll accidentally put Charmeleon or Pidgeot in the box.

Fine. Abby's moveset is sadly gimped to hell and Pidgeot, while high leveled, is a highly polished turd. A middling pokemon with only 40 base power moves and nothing on the horizon. Nothing irreplaceable by leveling up our other pokemon. Pidgeot needs to stop hogging all the exp and let Drowzee and Eevee blossom into their full potential. Pidgeot carries the team and shackles it simultaneously.

potam

Banned
So how far into the game is it? I keep poking in every now and again, but it's been over a decade since I played this game so I have no idea what I'm looking at.

Raysoul

Fine. Abby's moveset is sadly gimped to hell and Pidgeot, while high leveled, is a highly polished turd. A middling pokemon with only 40 base power moves and nothing on the horizon. Nothing irreplaceable by leveling up our other pokemon. Pidgeot needs to stop hogging all the exp and let Drowzee and Eevee blossom into their full potential. Pidgeot carries the team and shackles it simultaneously.

How dare you speak like that!!!

Top Bottom