• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Lol why did they get Eevee instead of just getting Lapras? They have no no surfer now unless they manage to buy and use a Water stone without tossing it. They also have to go to the PC of doom again.

Vaporeon would actually be the best Water type they could get. I like Jolteon but he only has a niche for the first Elite 4 member, while Vaporeon murders Blaine, Giovanni, 2nd E4 member, and Lance if it could somehow learn Ice Beam. And it has monstrous bulk.

People are still spamming start during battles.

It doesn't do ANYTHING, does it? It doesn't even troll anything as far as I can think. Scripts, or people hoping the battle is about to end and spamming start in preparation?

Add some "casuals" wondering what start is going to do. Why did the chat ban me?

Wallach

Vaporeon would actually be the best Water type they could get. I like Jolteon but he only has a niche for the first Elite 4 member, while Vaporeon murders Blaine, Giovanni, 2nd E4 member, and Lance if it could somehow learn Ice Beam. And it has monstrous bulk.

yeah, well, we got a fire stone instead... flareon is pretty cool too right?

right?

Blizzard

Banned
It's now gen 6 and Flareon is still USELESS
That reminds me, I like this picture.

ee8e11_1742112pib0t.jpg

PBalfredo

I really hope the backlash doesn't result in Eevee being deposited, either in the PC or day care. For all of the flare-up, Eevee have the most raw potential for the team. Drowzee has tons of potential too, but unless the chat makes a concerned effort to level him up, Eevee is the only one with a shot at reaching any potential since he comes at a decent level. To box him before even evolving would be such a waste, especially if he is forsaken for a level 15 Lapras who, outside the utility of Surf, would be as likely to pull his weight in battle as the Rattatas. If we can get Flamethrower to overwrite one of the status moves, ABBY might be salvaged.

I like Pidgeot. He's a loyal pokemon who came through for us time and again. But he has no potential. He already has the best moves he's going to learn on his own. In fact it can only go downhill if gust gets overwritten with Agility. Fly may sound like a way for Pidgeot to hobble into the late game, but it's not worth it. The potential for Fly to accidently kill all progress at any given time is too great.

Hopefully we'll deposit Dux without incident and everyone losing their shit over Eevee will be for nothing.

Josephl64

That'd actually be a decent idea, as long as they pick Hitmonlee. Hitmonchan's elemental punches do no damage.

I always preferred chan, buy unless they pick the right moves he will be useless(and in this situation, he definitely will be)

I just want them to deposit somebody later for lapras

I would think it isn't really worth getting one of the Hitmon duo as Fighting was one of the worst types in the game back in Gen 1. Hitmonlee is the lesser of two evils but I'd personally give them both a pass.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I always preferred chan, buy unless they pick the right moves he will be useless(and in this situation, he definitely will be)

I just want them to deposit somebody later for lapras

Chan is useless in Gen 1 and 2 because fire, ice, and electric are associated with the special stat, and his special attack absolutely sucks.

Josephl64

Chan is useless in Gen 1 and 2 because fire, ice, and electric are associated with the special stat, and his special attack absolutely sucks.

true, but I never said he would be better than lee. Either way, they shouldn't pick either of them up...it's just bad news unless they replace a rattata

Hitmonlee's first 4 moves would be Double Kick, Meditate, Rolling Kick, and Jump Kick. 3 Attacking moves and an attack up buff is pretty good, but really bad for Lavender tower.

harmonize

Add Gen 3 in there; it had almost no use until the physical/special split had his elemental punches utilize his attack stat in Gen 4.

Ironjam

Wow now that i see it they have a fire stone? Pls tell me they wanna evolve a growlithe into an arcanine and not actually get flareon...
:\

linko9

in all honesty, this would be a good time to dick around and try to use the firestone on eevee. Less pokemon in the menu.

Top Bottom