• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

I think a great twist for the next Twitch Plays Pokemon would be to have a Gold channel and a Silver channel, and have the two compete, that way there is some extra motivation to finish faster and foster some rivalry.

Only downside it people trying to sabotage the other team.

Can't you prevent pokemon from evolving just by pressing B in Gold/Silver?

Ironjam

You think Pokemon League Champions are made with Gust?

We have a physic, a Gen 1 physic, benched so little birdy can play hero.

They cant exactly level up drowzee, its too low in lvl for this area. They need fly, teach it to Pidgeot so it has a decent flying move, fly back to a low lvl route and grind drowzee/eve.

They also need to ditch Dux and Jay Leno. Get Jolteon and Lapras on team and get Diggata in the party, its moves are dig, thunderbolt and body slam, best moveset out of all our pokemon. Theyd also need to evolve Charmeleon at lvl36 to get slash on Charizard + learn flamethrower. Ofc they aint gonna do any of this and we will be stuck at a Gym battle rather soon.

They can probably beat the elite 4 with Pidgeot, Charizard, Hypno, Lapras, Jolteon and Raticate.

wmlk

OKAY. So when we get down there, we should all press Start to act as a buffer and let these drones chose. Best possible judgement.

bon

Fine. Abby's moveset is sadly gimped to hell and Pidgeot, while high leveled, is a highly polished turd. A middling pokemon with only 40 base power moves and nothing on the horizon. Nothing irreplaceable by leveling up our other pokemon. Pidgeot needs to stop hogging all the exp and let Drowzee and Eevee blossom into their full potential. Pidgeot carries the team and shackles it simultaneously.

I agree they should level Drowzee up, but what if he gets released at the PC? Good luck catching another one. They'll be back to two normal types, two flying types, and one fire type with no fire moves. The PC is simply too dangerous.

Linkyn

Alright GAF, I just got out of bed - can someone catch me up? (I left while they were trying to get to Erika the 2nd time)

PBalfredo

They cant exactly level up drowzee, its too low in lvl for this area. They need fly, teach it to Pidgeot so it has a decent flying move, fly back to a low lvl route and grind drowzee/eve.

They also need to ditch Dux and Jay Leno. Get Jolteon and Lapras on team and get Diggata in the party, its moves are dig, thunderbolt and body slam, best moveset out of all our pokemon. Theyd also need to evolve Charmeleon at lvl36 to get slash on Charizard + learn flamethrower. Ofc they aint gonna do any of this and we will be stuck at a Gym battle rather soon.

They can probably beat the elite 4 with Pidgeot, Charizard, Hypno, Lapras, Jolteon and Raticate.

If we've gotten the idea of daycare-ing one of our mons into the hivemind, we can put in the idea to find an area to powerlevel Drowzee. And if things work out, he'll gain a bunch of levels in Pokemon Tower as well.

And fuck putting Fly on Pidgeot. For as bad as everyone moaned about getting Eevee because it requires a one-time party member switch out, giving Pidgeot a move that can instantly reset our progress on any route is several orders of magnitude worse. Did we learn nothing from Diggata in Rock Cave?

TheOGB

Banned
I want to go to bed but I can't stop watching. I wanna see us get in the daycare, and the madness that will follow. #BibleThump

lednerg

Probably not the first to say this, but they should set this up so that it makes one move every couple seconds, and that move is which ever button got the most votes during that time.

Fly might be viable in the very end game, as you wouldn't be able to use it in Victory Road (only Dig, Teleport, Escape Road), and you wouldn't be able to use it in the E4. It also requires more inputs.

harmonize

Fly might be viable in the very end game, as you wouldn't be able to use it in Victory Road (only Dig, Teleport, Escape Road), and you wouldn't be able to use it in the E4. It also requires more inputs.
Yup, should only be used to go from Cinnabar Island to Viridian City more quickly than surfing
well, maybe more quickly lol

Gangxxter

Never ever type into the chat "Stop spamming Start". Trolls would spam it even more then.

Better use reverse psychology: "Everyone spam Start!"
It's very effective

Probably not the first to say this, but they should set this up so that it makes one move every couple seconds, and that move is which ever button got the most votes during that time.

At this point, the madness is a part of the TwitchPlaysPokemon experience. If somebody else wants to pick up the concept & make it a bit more manageable for a group of people to submit moves, go for it. I see the delay being an unsolvable problem though.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
What's our Pokemon team like? Level, movesets?
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/...7yF8FGtnVmdbPnIwG8FnQ4/preview?sle=true&pli=1

cHSzdc4.png

kubus

Wow, did they beat the Pokemon Tower? I thought they were fucked because they had no special type moves?

I have forgotten in what order you go to places in Red/Blue so maybe not.

edit: wait, forgot about the google doc. Seems like the Tower is coming up soon. Lol.

CassSept

yeah, that's why I say "if it works". But it'll be a whole lot easier than the ledge section before victory road, which we'll have to do eventually. And it's worth 2, 3, 4, 5 hours if we can deposit Jay, and come back in 200, 300 hours to get a beast Mon., and free up space for lapras w/o releasing someone.

Even if they deposit Jay Leno to get him back a) agree on retrieving Jay b) they would need to somehow return to Saffron/Cerulean, c) navigate to Day Care with trolls throttling progress d) HAVE CASH TO ACTUALLY BUY HIM BACK.

Remember that Day Care costs money. Once Jay is there it's over, we won't see him again.

Lol why did they get Eevee instead of just getting Lapras? They have no no surfer now unless they manage to buy and use a Water stone without tossing it. They also have to go to the PC of doom again.

lednerg

At this point, the madness is a part of the TwitchPlaysPokemon experience. If somebody else wants to pick up the concept & make it a bit more manageable for a group of people to submit moves, go for it. I see the delay being an unsolvable problem though.

Yeah, you'd have to use something other than Twitch chat, but then that turns it into something else entirely. It's kind of mesmerizing how random and chaotic it is.

Blizzard

Banned
People are still spamming start during battles.

It doesn't do ANYTHING, does it? It doesn't even troll anything as far as I can think. Scripts, or people hoping the battle is about to end and spamming start in preparation?

Top Bottom