• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Eusis

Using the narrative structure of the stream one could write an emotive drama so compelling it would rival GoT.
Give it to Obsidian. It will be Fallout: Pokemon Edition.

(Read up on what happens when you give your PC abysmal intelligence in 1 and 2. 3 doesn't do anything since apparently Bethesda's more focused on making power fantasies or something, while New Vegas it's more like Fry mode rather than Caveman mode.)

Zeppeli

Banned
gMsVlAC.jpg

more oc incoming

The Prima official guide explains why Professor Oak needs to have 10 years aid in his research. Use the master ball on tentacruel? team rocket steal your pokemon? m oon stones in Mt moon?

After viewing this i'm starting to doubt every bit of misguided confidence I had in life:
Don't forget that you also need to surf on water to reach victory road as if the ledge was not enough of an obstacle.

I can't help but feel somewhat upset that out of the countless other possibilities, Charmeleon was released. It's everyone's collective fault, even mine for pressing a few Bs, As and Ups and Downs yesterday.

Screw it, my day is ruined.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Eevee's here to find Red, and wipe away the debt. The less we know about him, the better. We seem to live in a totally different world than Eevee, but he wants to get in, and get us out. He'll eliminate any distractions.

Tirod

So does someone want to explain this whole Helix thing?

In battle, consensus dictates we check our Helix Fossil repeatedly in battle. It gives us knowledge and wisdom as to what our next action will be.

Prior to the Helix Fossil, our Moon Stone was the source of omnipotent power and knowledge. That source was eventually eradicated.

Kolma

without making it sound too stupid it's the 3rd coming of the Nugget also known as the second coming of the Moonstone.

Pretty much we are all retards and consulted the 3 divine items for every decision

In Nugget,Moonstone, and Helix we trust.

Toxi

Banned
When we accidentally go to the item menu in battle or in the overworld, we often click repeatedly on items. Many items do not have in-battle effects or overworld effects. Helix fossil is (And has long been) one of our key items that does nothing until it's brought to Cinnabar Island. Because it does nothing, people jokingly say that every time we accidentally use it, we're consorting with some sort of god.

Moon Stone, Nugget, and S.S. Ticket all have the same joke, although Moon Stone also has a joke of being a martyr after we tossed it.

In battle, consensus dictates we check our Helix Fossil repeatedly in battle. It gives us knowledge and wisdom as to what our next action will be.

Prior to the Helix Fossil, our Moon Stone was the source of omnipotent power and knowledge. That source was eventually eradicated.

without making it sound too stupid it's the 3rd coming of the Nugget also known as the second coming of the Moonstone.

Pretty much we are all retards and consulted the 3 divine items for every decision

In Nugget,Moonstone, and Helix we trust.

Surprisingly, I think I got it

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
What does the chat say what they are doing right now?

Tofa7

Banned
So this has pretty much turned into a cluster fuck (even more than it was originally) over the past few hours. Ever since the game opened people have been dragging each other in different directions for no reason and we're skipping all over the place in terms of game objectives. And the directions that ARE chosen are so incredibly stupid and make no sense. The level of ineptitude just makes me laugh.

So for those who have missed it and wake up later, here is a run down of what's happened:

I'll BOLD the really stupid decisions.

After beating the 4th Gym in Celadon:

1) Chat walks around aimlessly fighting about whether to get Eevee or not.
2) Got a free lvl 25 Eevee.
3) Bought Fire Stone, Pokedolls and a bunch of drinks from Pokemart
4) Spend an hour trying to give Guard in Saffron a drink so he opens gate. Attempts from Celadon side. Waste all Pokedolls.
5) Switch to Lavender side gate. Walk back Lavender for some reason.
6) Make it to Saffron.
7) Listen to Reddit and try to put a Pokemon in Day care so we have room for Lapras (note: we're at least 24 hours away from even having the ability to receive Lapras)
8) Spend multiple hours trying to get into Day care.
9) Give up on Day care, for some reason go fight Fighting Dojo so we can get a Hitmon even though they spent the last few hours trying to GET RID of Pokemon.
10) Dojo wipes our entire team except Pidgeot (because we've skipped way too far ahead in the game) so we need to go to Center to heal.
11) End up fucking around with the PC to make room for what I assume is a Hitmon and a Lapras (once again, which we DONT HAVE ACCESS TO). End up depositing and withdrawing Pidgeot. End up Releasing Abby and Leno.
12) Walk around Saffron aimlessly for an hour while idiots shout "Let's go get Lapras."
13) Tentative current goal: Decide to go to Game Corner.

The fascination with Lapras was mind boggling. More than 80% of the recent objectives had had something to do with this goddamn Lapras. And it took them 8 hours to realize we can't even enter Silph yet and get it. 8 hours spent dicking around instead of going to the Game Corner, which they STILL haven't entered. The Day Care "plan" was by far the most ridiculous part. Holy shit. So stupid.

And it cost a Rattata and Charmeleon.

I have no idea why people wanted to skip so far ahead in the game.
The plan to skip Rocket HQ with the Pokedoll/Ghost glitch was stupid and never going to work.
The arguing over Eevee was stupid (they should seriously spend 5 minutes ATTEMPTING to evolve this thing. If it becomes Flareon it's stronger than Pidgeot offensively.) The arguing is still raging now despite the fact that it's our only decent party member aside from Pigeot.

The last 8 hours could barely have gone worse. It's laughable how inept the hive mind has become with an additional 10k people.

_hekk05

Banned
Now they're trying really hard to use the fire stone on eevee. Should find any pokemon who knows leech seed and toxic. They stack in gen 1.

TheOGB

Banned
I can't help but feel somewhat upset that out of the countless other possibilities, Charmeleon was released. It's everyone's collective fault, even mine for pressing a few Bs, As and Ups and Downs yesterday.

Screw it, my day is ruined.
That's the most profound thing about this experience. Everything* that happens is on us; all of us. All who participate are responsible for the safety of our companions, the completion of our goals.

That's why there is no God.

That's why Helix Fossil, Moon Stone, Nugget, S.S. Anne Ticket, and all that other stuff is just a sham, that's why Pidgeot is the Based Bird: because we are in control of our own collective destiny. We don't need to put misguided faith into rocks, or place blame on... other rocks. We're in the driver's seat here; all we need is a direction and then we'll put the pedal to the metal. We got this

OH WHAT THE FUCK ARE WE DOING
GODDAMMIT GUYS YOU'RE RUINING MY INSPIRATIONAL SPEECH PLS LEAVE

So this has pretty much turned into a cluster fuck (even more than it was originally) over the past few hours. Ever since the game opened people have been dragging each other in different directions for no reason and we're skipping all over the place in terms of game objectives. And the directions that ARE chosen are so incredibly stupid and make no sense. The level of ineptitude just makes me laugh.

So for those who have missed it and wake up later, here is a run down of what's happened:

I'll BOLD the really stupid decisions.

After beating the 4th Gym in Celadon:

1) Chat walks around aimlessly fighting about whether to get Eevee or not.
2) Got a free lvl 25 Eevee.
3) Bought Fire Stone, Pokedolls and a bunch of drinks from Pokemart
4) Spend an hour trying to give Guard in Saffron a drink so he opens gate. Attempts from Celadon side. Waste all Pokedolls.
5) Switch to Lavender side gate. Walk back Lavender for some reason.
6) Make it to Saffron.
7) Listen to Reddit and try to put a Pokemon in Day care so we have room for Lapras (note: we're at least 24 hours away from even having the ability to receive Lapras)
8) Spend multiple hours trying to get into Day care.
9) Give up on Day care, for some reason go fight Fighting Dojo so we can get a Hitmon even though they spent the last few hours trying to GET RID of Pokemon.
10) Dojo wipes our entire team except Pidgeot (because we've skipped way too far ahead in the game) so we need to go to Center to heal.
11) End up fucking around with the PC to make room for what I assume is a Hitmon and a Lapras (once again, which we DONT HAVE ACCESS TO). End up depositing and withdrawing Pidgeot. End up Releasing Abby and Leno.
12) Walk around Saffron aimlessly for an hour while idiots shout "Let's go get Lapras."
13) Tentative current goal: Decide to go to Game Corner.

The fascination with Lapras was mind boggling. More than 80% of the recent objectives had had something to do with this goddamn Lapras. And it took them 8 hours to realize we can't even enter Silph yet and get it. 8 hours spent dicking around instead of going to the Game Corner, which they STILL haven't entered. The Day Care "plan" was by far the most ridiculous part. Holy shit. So stupid.

And it cost a Rattata and Charmeleon.

I have no idea why people wanted to skip so far ahead in the game.
The plan to skip Rocket HQ with the Pokedoll/Ghost glitch was stupid and never going to work.
The arguing over Eevee was stupid (they should seriously spend 5 minutes ATTEMPTING to evolve this thing. If it becomes Flareon it's stronger than Pidgeot offensively.) The arguing is still raging now despite the fact that it's our only decent party member aside from Pigeot.

The last 8 hours could barely have gone worse. It's laughable how inept the hive mind has become with an additional 10k people.

Thanks for the summary... urghh this is worse than getting stuck at Route 9 or Rock Tunnel :\

Toxi

Banned
The fascination with Lapras was mind boggling.
It's Surf. We need Surf to have any hope of completing the game.

Eevee needs to evolve into Vaporeon to get Surf. As you might have noticed, we're kinda fucked trying to even evolve it into a Flareon. Lapras is the only guaranteed Surfmon (Although if we were feeling lucky we could also grab some great balls and the Super Rod and hope we catch something). We need a free slot in the party Lapras or any other Surf Pokemon. Eevee takes up a spot. We go from five Pokemon to six. Now we need to get rid of a Pokemon in our party by some point in the future. People panicked and that's how we went to the PC.

We could have avoided the whole trainwreck of events by not picking up another Pokemon until we either caught a surfmon or received Lapras.

Top Bottom