• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

I say we get Flareon. We're obviously not getting the water/Thunder stone anytime soon. We will then have a fire type. Lapras can be our water Pokemon.

This is the best case scenario as of right now.

Tofa7

Banned
People seriously still bitching about Eevee/Flareon when it's highly likely it's going to be the most useful Pokemon we can easily get our hands on.

135 Atk and 110 Special which makes it much stronger than Pigeot. It's guaranteed to learn 2 more offensive moves (Quick Attack, Ember) that are impossible for us to stop it from learning. After that, it learns Bite, Fire Spin (Gen 1 Trapping moves!) and Flamethrower, which granted, we could cancel it learning, but if even one of these gets through its already more powerful move wise than anything Pigeot has to offer or anything Pigeot will have access to.

It is also decently leveled right now and won't struggle as much compared to the other crappy things on our party.

Short of miraculously catching Snorlax or a legendary bird, a leveled Flareon is the only thing that will help us get through the Elite 4. Don't even bother mentioning Lapras, who we receive at level 15 and is offensively inferior.

_hekk05

Banned
I say we get Flareon. We're obviously not getting the water/Thunder stone anytime soon. We will then have a fire type. Lapras can be our water Pokemon.

This is the best case scenario as of right now.

But Flareon sucks. It sucks so bad I would rather release eevee than have flareon.

sohois

40jMwci.png

Instead of Adamant they should get a nature that increases Speed so we can get to the Rocket Corner already.

#terriblepokemonjokes
They'll try to be Jolly but just come off as Timid instead.

The alternative being...?

Oh, right, Rattata's Thunderbolt.
That thing has dig too, which would help against the ghosts (they're all poison type too) but I can see dig used in dungeons by accident...

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Well, I'm going to go work out and then go to work.

Just remember, there's a reason eevee's face is ◕‿‿◕

Tofa7

Banned
Also to misinformed people saying Flareon sucks.

This is Gen 1. Gen 1 Flareon does not suck and is on par with Jolt/Vaporeon.

Flareon sucked from Gen 2 onwards when his Special Attack got nerfed.

In Gen 1 his Special Attack is 110 and his regular Atk is 135. He can tank special moves easily too. His weaknesses are his shitty speed and defense, and if he becomes over leveled he will out speed anything that can threaten him anyway (mainly Rock/Ground pokemon).

More importantly it's guaranteed that the majority of attacks we'll have access to will actually DEAL DAMAGE. Which in a run like this is incredibly useful.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Alright, I'm at work not and can't watch Twitch so I'm stalking this thread for updates.

People seriously still bitching about Eevee/Flareon when it's highly likely it's going to be the most useful Pokemon we can easily get our hands on.

135 Atk and 110 Special which makes it much stronger than Pigeot. It's guaranteed to learn 2 more offensive moves (Quick Attack, Ember) that are impossible for us to stop it from learning. After that, it learns Bite, Fire Spin (Gen 1 Trapping moves!) and Flamethrower, which granted, we could cancel it learning, but if even one of these gets through its already more powerful move wise than anything Pigeot has to offer or anything Pigeot will have access to.

It is also decently leveled right now and won't struggle as much compared to the other crappy things on our party.

Short of miraculously catching Snorlax or a legendary bird, a leveled Flareon is the only thing that will help us get through the Elite 4. Don't even bother mentioning Lapras, who we receive at level 15 and is offensively inferior.
You're seriously overthinking the silly hivemind experiment bro

plake

Thanks for updating us in school/at work. I'm all #TeamFlareon btw. In this situation, with Lapras coming, it's out best bet.

Mistel

Banned
In Gen 1 his Special Attack is 110 and his regular is 135. He can tank special moves too. His weaknesses are his shitty speed and defense, and if he becomes over leveled hell outspeed anything that can threaten him anyway.

More importantly it's guaranteed that the majority of attacks we'll have access to will actually DEAL DAMAGE. Which in a run like this is incredibly useful.

This plus we need a fire type on the team now charmeleon has been moon stoned.

Top Bottom