• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Rapstah

That's quite well-annotated assembly. How easy would it look to simply prevent releases full stop?

Very easy. The disassembly project isn't done, but this is that part:
Code:
Func_21673: ; 21673 (8:5673)
	ld a, [W_NUMINBOX] ; $da80
	and a
	jr nz, .asm_21682
	ld hl, NoMonText ; $580c
	call PrintText
	jp Func_214e8
The last line is "jp BillsPcMenu". I don't know what kind of check this is actually doing, but replacing the first line with a "jp Func_214e8" would probably just make the "release" button in the PC do nothing. I don't know GB assembly well enough to know it's that simple though.

Gardex

Weak believers going to risk a lot to get back our Lord and Savior, Helix Fossil.

Helix Fossil is omnipresent, and will be with us regardless. This is an unnecessary risk

Wh0 N0se

So, I haven't seen this for about 17hrs now, just checked the document, seems like a lot has happened? What happened to Abby and Jay Leno? Judging by the comments the Helix fossil has gone now too?

I want to love Pidgeot but I'm worried I'll get too attached and something will break my heart! :'(

Calamari41

41 > 38
This would be a perfect time for Nintendo to release Fire Red/Leaf Green on the eShop. I can't be the only one rooting through my drawers for my old cart.

Sianos

so.... "RIP HELIX FOSSIL" new titltle??

Helix Fossil is still with us in spirit, for now it is just trapped in the internet.

This was clearly the end game of Eevee: to trap Helix Fossil in the PC so it could never be revived, so that its master Dome Fossil could reign supreme.

Kimaka

And on the fourth day Helix ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the fourth day from all his work which he had made.

profit

Man I just love to imagine Red is a special boy who's mind is connected to the rest of the world, and hates them because they make his life so complicated.

"Moonstone is our god now!"

"oh really?" *casually drops moonstone"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Helix Fossil is still with us in spirit, for now it is just trapped in the internet.

This was clearly the end game of Eevee: to trap Helix Fossil in the PC so it could never be revived, so that its master Dome Fossil could reign supreme.

Since this IS the Romhack...I think there's probably a way for them to get access to the Dome Fossil.

Top Bottom