• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

PBalfredo

It's actually very important in Red/Blue with the Safari Zone, a mandatory area where you're both limited by the number of steps you can take and by the amount of money you have. I'm actually really curious as to how they're going to complete it, because it seems near impossible with the lack of coordination this method of play entails.

I forgot that Safari Zone was mandatory. What sources of money are there other than one-off trainer battles and selling items?

Partition

Banned
It's actually very important in Red/Blue with the Safari Zone, a mandatory area where you're both limited by the number of steps you can take and by the amount of money you have. I'm actually really curious as to how they're going to complete it, because it seems near impossible with the lack of coordination this method of play entails.

Hopefully a human just takes over for those parts

tensuke

Confused about the Helix Fossil. It was in the inventory, then in the last battle every time they went to items it wasn't there. But now it's back?

Timeaisis

I think the creator said he/she choose Pokemon Red/Blue for the slow paced, turn based gameplay.

Sadly, Zelda seems to me like a most fast-paced game that will be impossible to completed with the method :(

Yeah, LoZ was more of a joke for it's crazy difficulty and hard to find objectives. :p

Would love to see another RPG at some point. Maybe Earthbound or something?

Isn't there a finite amount of money until the Elite 4 also? There's only so many trainers and they cannot be re-challenged in Red and Blue?

Unless they grind with Pay Day lol

Would they even get past the first battle with the lag?

They sure as hell would never get far. Any games with action elements won't work.

Yeah, LoZ was more of a joke for it's crazy difficulty and hard to find objectives. :p

Would love to see another RPG at some point. Maybe Earthbound or something?
Ignoring anything else, there's one part where you need to stand still at a certain spot for 3 minutes(or was it 30 seconds?), impossible.

BlueMagic

Grid based games seem like the better choice but trolls also make it MUCH harder. Instead, in pixel-based movement games trolls would have less effect as long as the good players outnumber them by a moderate amount.

pirata

Jesus Christ, this is madness. There's no way with this many commentators to make any precise movements, so it's almost as if the game is being played at almost random...and yet progress is still being made. Despite the insane amount of noise, most people still want to see things progress, so their collective will makes it so...it's kind of fascinating.

Velcro Fly

I'm shocked Pidgey actually evolved. There may be hope for Charizard yet.

If they can teach Charmeleon the Dig TM (i think he can learn it) they might be set.

Timeaisis

They sure as hell would never get far. Any games with action elements won't work.

Ignoring anything else, there's one part where you need to stand still at a certain spot for 3 minutes(or was it 30 seconds?), impossible.

Bah, forgot about Belch Base. Damn. It really would've been perfect. It's pretty slow-paced, from what I recall. Trying to think of other RPGs now, because I want to see this applied to other games. Would be highly entertaining.

Top Bottom