• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Damaniel

Banned
If this were my invention, I'd limit input to a couple commands a second, and base them on the most popular choice of button press during a time slice. As long as the majority of players have a common goal in mind, that kind of setup would allow more useful commands to get through without the noise.

It would result in 'smarter' gameplay. Wouldn't be as fun to watch though... :)

Dandalf

Neo Member
This is aggravating and hilarious at the same time.

I stopped watching a couple hours ago and returned to see the same circles being completed by chat.

I'd like to see a group of people who aren't trolling try and get through this. It would be fun to see a few strong minded individuals try and take control instead of 10,000 trolling chat members.

I lol'd at "I did my best. I have no regrets."

Timeaisis

This is aggravating and hilarious at the same time.

I stopped watching a couple hours ago and returned to see the same circles being completed by chat.

I'd like to see a group of people who aren't trolling try and get through this. It would be fun to see a few strong minded individuals try and take control instead of 10,000 trolling chat members.

I think if given enough time, the trolls and dis-interested will drop off and the really serious people will remain. So it'll kind of work itself out. Of course, it could be that everyone gets bored at once and quits. But I don't see that happening since they've got 10K people participating at the moment.

Rubius

From a technical standpoint, how is this done?

Scan the inputs of the chat, remove everything that isnt Up Down Left Right Select Start and activate it on the emulator via emulated controller. Cant be that hard, really. Twitch have already programs that allow to scan for specific words and record the names, with a script it cant be that hard to scan the chat.

At first I wondered to myself how the fuck they were going to get through that cave that requires flash, but then I realized that the entire game may as well be pitch black so that probably won't be any harder than any of the rest of the game to navigate, lol.

Sanic

Where are they at right now? I won't be able to watch for another like 12+ hours. I take it they won't finish before then?

Frolow

Banned
1392410779913.png

Red is going to save Bill right after he goes for a smoke

What if they disable START at all times except where it's needed?

EDIT: OMG they can't leave the building after talking to Bill

Top Bottom