• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

You filthy helix fossil worshipers won't stand a chance against our lord dome fossil. Embrace your destiny and join the dark side.

bRmARyU.jpg

It's hard to follow something that is unloved, left buried in a smelly rotten cave... Is it fun living in that cave full of Zubat dung?

Jezan

The false prophet is Eevee/Flareon. After beating Erica (4th gym), the game really opens up and there are numerous way to approach the second half. Basically there was only one spot available for another pokemon, and using the PC is basically out of the question due to the difficulty of actually depositing/withdrawing the correct pokemon, and the chance of releasing one of our main guys.

So the obvious choice was too get Lapras from the Silph building right? No use of pokeballs, no having to fiddle with the PC, and it fulfills our need for a Surf/Strength user.

But nothing is that easy. The Eevee worshipers won the war and got to the top of the building where Eevee is given to you. In addition to wasting Lapras's spot, this created the new dilemma of actually buying a thunder/water stone, and somehow using it on Eevee.

Of course the money is wasted on a firestone, and in the midst of trying to deposit a weaker pokemon to make way for Lapras, we deposit and release our starter Charmeleon (Abby) and our trusted Ratata (Jay Leno).

Miraculously the stone was successfully used on Eevee though, so we're stuck with Flareon. The false prophet who caused all of this.
Wow!
Thank you!

The Blue stream has like 500 users, that's why they go faster.

Hubble

Amazing on how the numbers swelled. I think it's amusing but certainly nothing worth watching. Everytime I checked from going on GAF seeing this thread, the numbers have risen from 15,000, 25,000, around 30,000, and now 75,000!!

mxgt

Banned
By the way, are there any videos that show the chat when the ledge boss was defeated and pidgeotto evolved?

Missed these key moments and I love watching twitch chat lose their shit

Anustart

Anyone have links for resources regarding parsing the chat for game inputs? I'ma see if I get it up and running.

Edit: And anything necessary to then stream those inputs into an emulator.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Spoken as a true emissary of the false prophet. Pidgeot is our savior, but he doesn't work alone. Dig Rat, Drowsee, and Oddish are young, but they are strong of will.

Drowzee could crush the pokemon tower, the dojo, silph co, the poison gym and the routes into Fuchsia City...if Pidgeot wouldnt hog all the xp.

Ominym

Banned
Figures. Reading about this I expected problems like people all doing the same command too many times, but I guess I underestimated how many dicks there are lol. Everyone is just tossing out random commands.

When there's 74,000 people you have to assume that 73,000 of them are dicks. haha

I only caught a few hours of trying to heal pokemon and the-no-flash-rock-cave what happened between then? Is there some youtube captures of this thing or like a recap?

TheOGB

Banned
By the way, are there any videos that show the chat when the ledge boss was defeated and pidgeotto evolved?

Missed these key moments and I love watching twitch chat lose their shit
IIRC the reason Pidgeotto was able to evolve was because the chat lagged after a random battle.

Here is the progress log. Dunno if they've added the archive with chat yet, but that shows our current objective, team, item usage, and has some of the hilarious media that this adventure has spawned.

PBalfredo

Spoken as a true emissary of the false prophet. Pidgeot is our savior, but he doesn't work alone. Dig Rat, Drowsee, and Oddish are young, but they are strong of will.

Indeed, Pidgeot doesn't work alone. He likes to have an audience as he hogs the glory and the exp.

Dig rat and Drowzee aren't young; they're malnourished.

I'm sure we'll spend like two hours getting to it, followed by five minutes until

ryOkYqV.gif

If the Helix wish it, it will be so.

Yeah, their def not finishing this shit. Too many trolls now and only more to come.

By saying this you BECOME one of those trolls. If you'd been here since the beginning you'd believe. We've conquered many challenges deemed "impossible" and this will pass and another will take it's place.

fallout

My fellow Americans. As a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball; but tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

It's just impressive to see how a random person out of nowhere just creates something that turns gamers up side down.

I could see this become a huge thing in the future with new games. I think a whole new genre is born to be honest.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
It's just impressive to see how a random person out of nowhere just creates something that turns gamers up side down.

I could see this become a huge thing in the future with new games. I think a whole new genre is born to be honest.

mario would suck because of the delay...

PUNCH OUT!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I only caught a few hours of trying to heal pokemon and the-no-flash-rock-cave what happened between then? Is there some youtube captures of this thing or like a recap?

We made it through Rock Tunnel and out of Lavender fairly quickly, to the point we hit Celadon. Immediately, there was a massive tug-of-war between people who wanted to get Eevee and those who wanted to go the gym, but eventually the gym side won out. We spent about 3 hours trying to get into the gym, before being taken out by paralyz and Wrap from Bellsprouts until only Pidgeot was left. Another war occurred between the heal and suicide teams, over whether we should exit to heal or just go into a fight and faint. Suicide won, but Pidgeot was so boss it took out another trainer before we could 'suicide'. After having to make it past the tree once again, we finally obliterated Erika.

After that, the debate turned to the Great Eevee War, and #TeamEevee won, dragging us to the top of the tower to claim Eevee. We then went to the Mart and attempted to buy a Water Stone, but ended up with a Fire Stone and a zillion PokeDolls. There was a total break-down in objectives at this point, and we were stuck in the shopping centre for a long time as anarchy reigned. Eventually, consensus settled on going to the Day Center to deposit someone. This required too much co-ordination, and, defeated, people decided to risk the PC. This was a terrible idea, and we lost ABBBBBBK ( and JLVWNOOOOO to it. We attempted to cut our losses and move on, but ended up capturing an Oddish as a result, wasting that sacrifice. Finally, we used up the various PokeDolls and realised we'd have to take out Team Rocket HQ. On the way there, Flareon was evolved. That takes us up to where we are now.

Requiscat in pace, Abby and Jay Leno.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

Eh Pokemon is straining enough as it is to not be completely unwinnable. Very few games could withstand this kind of stupidity while maintaining a hope of completing them.

Anustart

Anyone familiar with what can/can't be done on twitch via bots and stuff wanna pm me? I a couple things that I can't quite google for as I'm not getting the results I need.

Top Bottom