• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

In all seriousness the nostalgia has made me want to pick up a 3DS (or maybe just a 2DS) and try the new X/Y games.

It's worth it. Hadn't played since the Gold and Silver remakes when I bought X/Y, and I got sucked into the series all over again. Even went back and played one of the Gen 5 games.

Watching this stream made me start up new files in Yellow and Emerald, too, heh.

ultron87

I left to get pizza 3 hours ago and then did some other stuff. I think we're in the exact same spot we were when I left.

Yet there are STILL 75,000 people watching. Madness.

Mistel

Banned
What ever way we decide to travel we need to wake up one of these:
11008snorlax_5533.jpg

Because the guards at saffron haven't been dealt with yet, we're going to do a lot of walking.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
More like their stomach couldn't take the spinning

We leave it to Americans to destroy their stomachs, given the evidence suggests it is a favourite past-time.
#basedeurogaf

Growlie19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p09hhXbsB9c

Prepare for trouble, we mean no ill will
and make it double, we'll just take that fossil!
To protect the world from devastation,
to unite all peoples within our nation!
To denounce the evils of truth and love,
to extend our reach to the stars above!
Jessie!
James!
Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light!
Surrender now or prepare to fight!
Meowth, that's right!

Cess007

I'm a bit mixed on X/Y, they have a lot of problems. IMO series peak is still HG/SS.

Spoken like a true Helix follower. The series peaked at Gold and Silver; if anything, this stream is just making me regret to have sold my Blue and Gold copies; yesterday i tried to play more of Y, but it's i just can't get into.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
In all seriousness the nostalgia has made me want to pick up a 3DS (or maybe just a 2DS) and try the new X/Y games.

Do it. They're pretty good. They were more fun for me than both Gen 5 games, and probably D/P/Platinum. Plus all of the other great 3DS games are available too.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Spoken like a true Helix follower. The series peaked at Gold and Silver; if anything, this stream is just making me regret to have sold my Blue and Gold copies; yesterday i tried to play more of Y, but it's i just can't get into.

I don't really mind whether I play HG/SS or GSC. The former has all the trappings of the future in a rather smooth package, the latter the homely simplicity of the originals. Either way, Johto is king.

Heropon

Oh, they're again in the wrong floor. Someone should photoshop that Don't forget. You're here forever image to have a Team Rocket mook as Burns.

TheOGB

Banned
HGSS are objectively the best games of the franchise, the perfect intersection between nostalgia and modern improvement. It stands tall upon its own metaphorical Mt Silver, the best of the best, patiently waiting for a worthy successor.

And I say that as someone that fucking loved BW

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Talking of GSC and the Rocket HQ theme, thought some people might like this.

Anustart

HGSS are objectively the best games of the franchise, the perfect intersection between nostalgia and modern improvement. It stands tall upon its own metaphorical Mt Silver, the best of the best, patiently waiting for a worthy successor.

And I say that as someone that fucking loved BW

Not a good sign then that the only pokemon I've played was SS and it was extremely boring and lackluster experience for me....

Still managing to enjoy this train wreck though.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Not a good sign then that the only pokemon I've played was SS and it was extremely boring and lackluster experience for me....

You should seek medical diagnosis immediately, although I'm not sure if a cure exists for lack of soul.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Don't worry, those games tend to get over-rated by fans of the series. They are solid games but not the greatest thing since sliced bread. If you wanted a first time game I would of suggested black/white 2 or x/y

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Don't worry, those games tend to get over-rated by fans of the series. They are solid games but not the greatest thing since sliced bread. If you wanted a first time game I would of suggested black/white 2 or x/y

Why would you ever suggest BW2 over BW? BW2 were just worse in basically every manner, aside from the expanded Pokedex.

qq more

Overrated? People can love what they love the most as they please. The Johto games remains my favorite :)

Personally, I was not a fan of Gen 5. I felt it was too run-of-the-mill. XY is pretty good though, but seriously lacks post-game content for me.

GoodlifeX

It's just amazing to see the gaming world captured by something not negative. I can't remember the last time that has happend in this climate. it just make me think mayb-PRAISE HELIX AND BASED BIRD.

It's a shame there are no random battles here or else we'd have some beefy pokemon
and we'd get a break from this god awful music every now and then when we black out

Overrated? People can love what they love the most as they please. The Johto games remains my favorite :)

Personally, I was not a fan of Gen 5. I felt it was too run-of-the-mill. XY is pretty good though, but seriously lacks post-game content for me.

Don't listen to him, he bares the image of the false prophet .

Grizzo

It's gonna be really hard to get this key. It might take 5 more hours just to get it, and then there's the whole Silph Co building...

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It's gonna be really hard to get this key. It might take 5 more hours just to get it, and then there's the whole Silph Co building...

Consider it training for the Safari Zone.

Daheza

Apparently the whole " get stuck in one place long enough so people leave and we can make progress" theory isn't working. We have been stuck on these 2 floors for quite a while now.

TheOGB

Banned
Why would you ever suggest BW2 over BW? BW2 were just worse in basically every manner, aside from the expanded Pokedex.
Seriously. BW wasn't perfect but BW2 was just a disappointment. Too many wasted opportunities for a direct follow-up. They almost literally went in another direction entirely with it.

Top Bottom