• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Apparently the whole " get stuck in one place long enough so people leave and we can make progress" theory isn't working. We have been stuck on these 2 floors for quite a while now.

You see that RNG stream that was mimicking the TPP stream? Well we've come full circle, now we are mocking the RNG stream by TPPing randomly too.

Azuran

Banned
It's a shame there are no random battles here or else we'd have some beefy pokemon
and we'd get a break from this god awful music every now and then when we black out

But that would just quadruple the length and pain even more. I'm kinda glad there's no random encounters in places like this.

fanboss

Just came back, we got a Flareon... That's better than anything I guess, and I least we don't have to worry about tossing the stone now...

Box

This strategy is a little more detailed:

xgeVfdD.png

Dryk

I'm a bit mixed on X/Y, they have a lot of problems. IMO series peak is still HG/SS.
HG/SS are my favourites, mostly because after years of people telling me "Your love of 2nd gen is just nostalgia, 3rd and 4th are way better" they descended from the heavens to lay down the law.

The DS games were sort of a lost set of generations to me since I could never get over how all the games looked worse and ran choppier than the GBA games. HGSS were a godsend because the batteries on both my Gold and Silver carts were dead as a doornail, but it wasn't until XY that I was truly ready to move on from FRLG and RSE.

ampere

https://24.media.tumblr.com/8844f27c6bddbf24fbf15ba3b477fad7/tumblr_n15kliBMhZ1qg2rrco1_500.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Pretty good, pretty good.

[IMG]http://asset3.neogaf.com/forum/image.php?u=165282&dateline=1392680843
image.php

Oh god the Eevee family avatars... it's begun

ampere

Just came back, we got a Flareon... That's better than anything I guess, and I least we don't have to worry about tossing the stone now...

No... the Flareon is a disaster. If it were a Vaporeon it could learn surf, but it took an empty spot and killed Abby and Leno. And we need to go back to the PC to deposit again to get Lapras.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
The DS games were sort of a lost set of generations to me since I could never get over how all the games looked worse and ran choppier than the GBA games. HGSS were a godsend because the batteries on both my Gold and Silver carts were dead as a doornail, but it wasn't until XY that I was truly ready to move on from FRLG and RSE.

DP definitely run much worse than the GBA games, but Platinum fixes that up pretty good (imo Platinum is the only way to play the DPPt saga, the other two are intolerable), and HGSS are super-smooth and easily comparable to the GBA games if not better, so not sure what the concern is there.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Actually, in the maze the start is kind of useful because the time it takes to exit synchs up commands and positioning.

Elsewhere it's frustrating as fuck, though.

Dryk

No... the Flareon is a disaster. If it were a Vaporeon it could learn surf, but it took an empty spot and killed Abby and Leno. And we need to go back to the PC to deposit again to get Lapras.
As much as I hate to praise the false prophet: It's guaranteed to learn Ember, more attacks that aren't Normal is always a good thing.

Azuran

Banned
No you can't, it's been attempted a few times.

That's why we can never let the Helix take mortal form, while dormant the false prophet cannot destroy it.

The best thing that could happen is that we "accidentally" release Flareon the False Prophet when we need a space for BASED OMANYTE.

Anustart

Actually, in the maze the start is kind of useful because the time it takes to exit synchs up commands and positioning.

Elsewhere it's frustrating as fuck, though.

Start is never gonna synch up anything. The starts that are happening in the maze are from 20 seconds 2 minutes prior.

fanboss

That's still better than actually going back to the store imo, especially with 70k+ people :p

The whole eevee thing was a bad idea from the start, so now we just have to deal with it I guess :/

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Fuck me, the delay on that chat is crazy now. Atleast 2 minutes.

More viewers = higher delay? Figured Twitch wouldnt have issues with a few viewers on a single stream.

Box

Start is never gonna synch up anything. The starts that are happening in the maze are from 20 seconds prior.

It's more like if they keep stopping every few seconds, people can better see where they need to go, bit by bit. Start spam helps make very precise movements which will help with this maze.

qq more

DP definitely run much worse than the GBA games, but Platinum fixes that up pretty good (imo Platinum is the only way to play the DPPt saga, the other two are intolerable), and HGSS are super-smooth and easily comparable to the GBA games if not better, so not sure what the concern is there.

All the DS games runs at 30fps while the GBA ones runs at 60fps

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
All the DS games runs at 30fps while the GBA ones runs at 60fps

...that's never fussed me in Pokemon. It's not a platformer, I don't need the extra input frames. I thought you were talking about DP's hella-slow battles.

BlueMagic

NO PROGRESS AT ALL
At this point I'm losing all my faith. People just fuck around. There was a clear vision once. Eevee the betrayer confirmed.

PokeDoll is still the best bet I guess, why don't we do that?

Dreavus

You know, it almost needs to be a "chat" chat for this stream. One used for talking about what's happening outside of the control chat.

Top Bottom