• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Marjar

Banned
So is the Safari Zone even possible like this? It cost money and is limited steps, won't they run out of money before they ever clear it?

Pretty sure the streamer is either going to just take over and get surf himself, or make it so that they have unlimited steps.

Grizzo

YLPhFgV.jpg

Wallach

So they used a gameshark/genie code to remove the step limit? Can't you also lose if you run out of safari balls?

It's a ROM hack version, so edits to the game were applied. I don't remember if you get sent out after the last safari ball, but throwing them will probably be difficult in the first place.

It's a romhack, it might have the step limit removed.

The rom hack is a common one that allows you to get all 151 pokemon in a single version.

There has been no mention of a step or ball removal for Safari zone. The streamer HAS gone on record and saying that he'll intervene if it's necessary for the safari zone, he just hasn't said HOW yet.

The speculation (partially fueled by me 70 pages ago) was that it'd be very easy (literally a thirty second job) to remove the step counter and that would likely be enough to get through. Likewise could be done for the safari ball count. There was also mention that he may go the simpler root of simply taking over to get the item in the safari park and then resume chat control.

The rom hack is a common one that allows you to get all 151 pokemon in a single version.

There has been no mention of a step or ball removal for Safari zone. The streamer HAS gone on record and saying that he'll intervene if it's necessary for the safari zone, he just hasn't said HOW yet.

The speculation (partially fueled by me 70 pages ago) was that it'd be very easy (literally a thirty second job) to remove the step counter and that would likely be enough to get through. Likewise could be done for the safari ball count. There was also mention that he may go the simpler root of simply taking over to get the item in the safari park and then resume chat control.

I kind of hope he just mods the game to allow for infinite steps/balls in the safari zone so that the chat can do everything in the game themselves

I kind of hope he just mods the game to allow for infinite steps/balls in the safari zone so that the chat can do everything in the game themselves

I'm not a fan of the ball idea honestly... too likely we'd "stock up" on 'mon. But steps definitely. It wouldn't be hard to mod away the cash requirement from the safari zone either... between steps and no cost entry, we'd manage with whatever balls we had.

LeleSocho

Banned
NO PROGRESS AT ALL
At this point I'm losing all my faith. People just fuck around. There was a clear vision once. Eevee the betrayer confirmed.

PokeDoll is still the best bet I guess, why don't we do that?

The ledge was a way harder problem and we somewhat managed to pass it... have faith this is way easier.

Cess007

I for one, would like only the step counter to be removed; it would kind ruin things if the streamer takes control over that part.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Why did I have to hear about this so late? I missed all the fun :(

I would have loved to see the Eevee debacle and gym fights.

ampere

Ah. Well that would be super disappointing. I'd rather see the stream control fail at the Safari Zone then get past it artificially with streamer intervention. Your suggestion of removing the limit would be OK too.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I leave for another hour, and we're in the same exact spot. Excellent.

Helix must be testing us, trying to see how many will fall to the dark lord, the Anti-Helix. The False One.

Ah. Well that would be super disappointing. I'd rather see the stream control fail at the Safari Zone then get past it artificially with streamer intervention. Your suggestion of removing the limit would be OK too.

I imagine he'll let us give it the "ol' college try" before stepping in one way or the other... We've been surprisingly good at getting past "impossible" situations like teaching pokemon cut, and then using it on a tree. The difference is simply we have no "time" limit on those, where as the step counter puts a hard limit on what we can and can't do.

I personally hope he just removes the step counter and possibly remove the cost from entering (trying to money grind with what we have is an almost impossibility)

I hope they do something weird like 10000 step limit or something.

Anustart

Can someone edit the Bugs Bunny / Daffy Duck gif where they're taking off signs infinitely?

Have one say Helix the other say moonstone? Or something more clever.

DaBoss

1 word:
POKEDOLLS

2 ways:
1) But as many as possible and hope we don't throw a lot.
2) Use the PC to store items and then go all the way to Lavender Town and withdraw the Pokedolls.

Why do they call him the false prophet?

To get Eevee into the party, they had to put a pokemon into the PC, this turned into 2 pokemon Abby (the charmeleon) and Jay Leno (the rattata).

Upon aquiring Eevee, they made their way back to the PC for... reasons. Eevee then demanded the killing of Abby and Jay Leno in their PC prison. That is why he is the false prophet.

Ferrio

Banned
1 word:
POKEDOLLS

2 ways:
2) Use the PC to store items and then go all the way to Lavender Town and withdraw the Pokedolls.

Any plan that requires us to use the PC is automatically failing. Shouldn't use it unless absolutely necessary.

Wallach

1 word:
POKEDOLLS

2 ways:

Yes I'm sure it will go flawlessly, much like our first set of Pokedolls.

1fz9ExW.png

Top Bottom