• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

ampere

I imagine he'll let us give it the "ol' college try" before stepping in one way or the other... We've been surprisingly good at getting past "impossible" situations like teaching pokemon cut, and then using it on a tree. The difference is simply we have no "time" limit on those, where as the step counter puts a hard limit on what we can and can't do.

I personally hope he just removes the step counter and possibly remove the cost from entering (trying to money grind with what we have is an almost impossibility)
Yeah, though maybe it's for the best if they have a hard stop failure at the Safari zone. Then it's a true indication of what was possible for the stream controlled game to do.

So is everyone here actually trying to help or are any gaffers part of the trolling for this?

I haven't made a twitch account so I'm just a bystander.

Zabant

The last 24 hours have been the least amount of progress we have made so far in a day.

Hope this isn't a growing trend.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
The last 24 hours have been the least amount of progress have have made so far in a day.

Hope this isn't a growing trend.

Of course these spots are going to get worse and worse. Some later puzzles will be way worse than this.

Kimaka

This is worse than the ledge. One wrong step in any direction while in the maze can screw up everything. The good thing is that they're in the right maze now and have some semblance of cooperation.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
More viewers = higher delay? Figured Twitch wouldnt have issues with a few viewers on a single stream.

Figured wrong. Every channel on twitch has a buggy chat since this started to take off. This whole thing is amazing on so many levels. I've never played a single pokemon game but I keep turning back to see how it's going.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Figured wrong. Every channel on twitch has a buggy chat since this started to take off. This whole thing is amazing on so many levels. I've never played a single pokemon game but I keep turning back to see how it's going.

So weird, one would think they might have better/more servers so a single stream wouldnt be able to bring down the whole website.

BY2K

Membero Americo
You're never getting out of there, guys.

Never.

You shall be trapped there for eternity with the false prophet.

Anything involving strength and boulders is going to make people who genuinely want to beat this cry. Especially the seafoam islands where a wipe means getting sent back to Fuchsia

Toma

It can give us a pokemon that can learn surf!

All we need to do is get... to... Cinnabar... Island...

Well, poop.

One puzzle at a time, my friend :p#

Anything involving strength and boulders is going to make people who genuinely want to beat this cry. Especially the seafoam islands where a wipe means getting sent back to Fuchsia

Yup, thats what I was thinking of as well.

So weird, one would think they might have better/more servers so a single stream wouldnt be able to bring down the whole website.

It's rare that a single chat has this much activity going on. Besides the fact that chat is super active as a regular chat, it's also receiving many hundreds of messages a second in single word blurps.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Well, we don't have to go the Seafoam Islands. We can always just avoid them and go through Pallet Town.

As long as it will end up taking, I do hope this stream stays up until the chat somehow manages to beat the game. I'm curious how many times longer it will take to complete versus the average Pokemon player.

It's funny if this were almost any other game it wouldn't be anywhere near as popular or doable, but with classic pokemon red it's the perfect game for this to explode the way it has

At that point people will probably run in circles arguing for a bit before coalescing around the idea of taking digletts cave back westand swimming south from pallet town.

you can skip going through seafoam and just surf down from pallet (after flying , still the lesser of two evils)

Aggrotek

JkrSQdR.png

It takes years for most people to even get 500 people to watch there stream, and they have to go play day in day out etc.

This dude reached in 5 days 75k viewers, its just amazing. It boggles my mind.

Anustart

Can someone edit the Bugs Bunny / Daffy Duck gif where they're taking off signs infinitely?

Have one say Helix the other say moonstone? Or something more clever.

Quoting for new page, it must be done!

Hell, even left/right/up/down would work!

The gif in question:
172255.gif

DaBoss

Any plan that requires us to use the PC is automatically failing. Shouldn't use it unless absolutely necessary.
I know.
Yes I'm sure it will go flawlessly, much like our first set of Pokedolls.

1fz9ExW.png
I know.

As far as I'm concerned, this is the hardest thing in the game considering that we need precise inputs, we have Digttata, and we have a difficult time to even get to the beginning part of the area. It would be sheer luck to get through.

todd360

I really want red to get out of that room and back on track so new memes can be born! Ive been laughing all night looking at the false prophet and our lord and savior helix fossil stuff.

AzVal

I havent played the game since Yellow version released, why so much drama about the safari and the step counter, how did the events went again? also if I recall you could enter if you had no money right, they gave you one safari ball only.

Toma

I havent played the game since Yellow version released, why so much drama about the safari and the step counter, how did the events went again? also if I recall you could enter if you had no money right, they gave you one safari ball only.

Only in Yellow, Red/Blue was hardcore picky about it.

Damaniel

Banned
It takes years for most people to even get 500 people to watch there stream, and they have to go play day in day out etc.

It's all about the participation. When people feel involved, they're more likely to show up. In the case of Twitch Plays Pokemon, everybody is involved all the time. Even though I'm not actually playing, I could log in to Twitch and start sending commands any time I want, and the idea that I could do that (and the fact that tens of thousands already have) keeps me interested. To tell you the truth, I really don't care for Pokemon - I was already in college when Red/Blue came out, so I'm a little older than the original target audience. However, I've had more fun watching this (and learning stuff about Pokemon from my girlfriend, who is a huge Pokemon fan and a fan of this stream) than I ever had from the few times I've tried to start a game of my own. I've actually been tempted to go grab Yellow and give it a shot. I can't do any worse than this... :)

You only have a certain amount of time (or can only move a certain number of times, can't remember which) before you get kicked out of the Safari Zone. But you need to get to the end of the Safari Zone to get an HM you need to proceed. It's never going to be finished if the dude just keeps walking around in circles.

Not really that impressive. People have been posting links to his stream all over websites.

You only have a certain amount of time (or can only move a certain number of times, can't remember which) before you get kicked out of the Safari Zone. But you need to get to the end of the Safari Zone to get an HM you need to proceed. It's never going to be finished if the dude just keeps walking around in circles.

The game says time, but it's measured in steps, once you take 300 or 500 steps (forget which) the game kicks you out

looooool theyre back in the wrong maze

At least they have a chance to get more items
2169924-kappa.png

Top Bottom