• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Wallach

I know.

I know.

As far as I'm concerned, this is the hardest thing in the game considering that we need precise inputs, we have Digttata, and we have a difficult time to even get to the beginning part of the area. It would be sheer luck to get through.

Can we actually Dig out of here, though? I thought we Escape Rope'd, and we shouldn't have any of those left. We'll get through this eventually since it requires no menus.

This isn't really anything compared to Victory Road. That is going to be where the struggle gets real.

Nyoro SF

The vortex! We cannot get out!

eO1mYCE.gif

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
In a couple weeks once everyone gets bored of this maze it will cool down so we can actually navigate it.. Then the masses will return. I don't see how it's going to be done at this rate though.

_hekk05

Banned
I went to sleep and wake up to a flareon. Godammit twitch.

Now we need to risk the PC again to deposit (i vote dux. Oddish will be how we are going to destroy everything we find when surfing. Only need to train it up a bit) and get lapras.

Edit: Godammit they let oddish forget absorb

Chipotle

This has to be harder than any of the ledges, right? The false sense of progress will make it even harder.

I'm sure the Helix will prevail but this looks harder than anything I've seen so far.

DaBoss

Can we actually Dig out of here, though? I thought we Escape Rope'd, and we shouldn't have any of those left. We'll get through this eventually since it requires no menus.

This isn't really anything compared to Victory Road. That is going to be where the struggle gets real.
I'm pretty sure that is how they left the area the once.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You only have a certain amount of time (or can only move a certain number of times, can't remember which) before you get kicked out of the Safari Zone. But you need to get to the end of the Safari Zone to get an HM you need to proceed. It's never going to be finished if the dude just keeps walking around in circles.
There are actually two necessary items there: Surf and the teeth. How are they gonna make it, I have no idea.

Heropon

I went to sleep and wake up to a flareon. Godammit twitch.

Now we need to risk the PC again to deposit (i vote dux. Oddish will be how we are going to destroy everything we find when surfing. Only need to train it up a bit) and get lapras.

Edit: Godammit they let oddish forget absorb

Grass pokémon are neutral against the most common sea pokémon, Tentacool.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
There's a Pokemon Crystal stream doing this too, and they're at the Burned Tower with only just under 300 viewers.

Blue stream is stuck in a Pokemon Center.

People who want to watch blue stream or comparing it are completely missing the point.

This is pure chaos, not just a group of unorganized people, complete chaos.

Posted on mobile, please excuse spelling errors

mclem

They were on the right floor, which was an improvement.

And now they're not.

The most infuriating thing is that it's a lot easier to retreat out of the maze we *should* be in. The wrong maze, once you're in, you're stuck for a while. The right maze, though, it's really easy to escape from.

qq more

...that's never fussed me in Pokemon. It's not a platformer, I don't need the extra input frames. I thought you were talking about DP's hella-slow battles.

i wasn't, you were talking to someone else

but i've misread both of your posts and thought you guys were talking about framerate, my bad.

but i really do miss the smooth framerate... sort of makes the game feel better

Wallach

They were on the right floor, which was an improvement.

And now they're not.

The delay is really brutal on that particular floor layout. When they wind up just below the hallway on floor 3 that would lead to the proper path, there is a high chance they will spam themselves back into the second floor maze just because of the amount of people combined with the delay. A few thousand people will see where he is and do up or right, and will then start in on down left when they see him overshooting the up, even though by then the amount of inputs will take him all the way to the stairs.

To get Eevee into the party, they had to put a pokemon into the PC, this turned into 2 pokemon Abby (the charmeleon) and Jay Leno (the rattata).

Upon aquiring Eevee, they made their way back to the PC for... reasons. Eevee then demanded the killing of Abby and Jay Leno in their PC prison. That is why he is the false prophet.

Oh goodness, hahaha this is great

The delay is really brutal on that particular floor layout. When they wind up just below the hallway on floor 3 that would lead to the proper path, there is a high chance they will spam themselves back into the second floor maze just because of the amount of people combined with the delay. A few thousand people will see where he is and do up or right, and will then start in on down left when they see him overshooting the up, even though by then the amount of inputs will take him all the way to the stairs.

That's why you should always just input start that works the same on either floor regardless of delay

Top Bottom