• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

burnsplaque.png

Damn this maze.

There really is a Simpsons (or Seinfeld) reference for everything.

_hekk05

Banned
RNGplayspokemon was reset. Now he has a lvl 24 charmeleon.

RNGplaysemerald is now riding around on a bike.

Both of them are getting more done than Twitch

Jazz-ism

Banned
i still cringe everytime i think about abby and jay lenos loss.

helix fossil revival is our last hope, though i secretly fear bird jesus may be sacrificed in order to renew the covenant

I don't get why people think it is entertaining to spam START. Isn't it more interesting to try and get this to actually work? People are weird.

_hekk05

Banned
i still cringe everytime i think about abby and jay lenos loss.

helix fossil revival is our last hope, though i secretly fear bird jesus may be sacrificed in order to renew the covenant

Bird Jesus is useless without wing attack. If we can train dux instead of him that would be great.

We also need to get drowzee to hypno, and get a lapras. I wonder if twitch is coordinated enough to do missing no

BraXzy

I've not been keeping track. Where do we want to be at the minute? I'm guessing not the spinny room?

.. Someone in the chat just said "How has there been 7,500,000 views when there are only 7,000,000 people in the world" :L

Wallach

To be honest start is helping more than it is hurting right now. With start disabled our chances of getting into the hallway are a lot worse; if there's no menu whenever we wind up below the hallway you will pretty much guarantee a trip back to the above floor and likely back into the wrong maze.

Ahh sweet. Only problem is all the people pressing Start. Could the guy who made it not limit Start input to once every 5 seconds or something?

He has actually done that before. He keeps turning it on and off, presumably on purpose.

The problem is half the start spammers have good intentions. It freezes Red's movements so he can't actually jump off ledges. That way, instead of fighting both trolls and lag, there's a brief window where lag is no longer a problem and the non-trolls actually can make decisions based on red's current position. Without start spammers we may have never made it past this one narrow walkway by Rock Tunnel.

DaBoss

Like I said, this is worse than the ledge, but it is more entertaining.

The ledge only required 2 inputs being spammed, this requires multiple inputs in all kinds of directions. PokeDolls can be done with the spam of the B button.
--------------------------
As for Start spam, it is actually useful for this area since it buffers the inputs which is heavily needed.

UN4wURN.jpg

Limit

He has actually done that before. He keeps turning it on and off, presumably on purpose.

The problem is half the start spammers have good intentions. It freezes Red's movements so he can't actually jump off ledges. That way, instead of fighting both trolls and lag, there's a brief window where lag is no longer a problem and the non-trolls actually can make decisions based on red's current position. Without start spammers we may have never made it past this one narrow walkway by Rock Tunnel.

My understanding is that the start block automatically turns on after a certain number of start inputs.

Box

The amount of people trying to go into the wrong maze is incredible. It's like the people who were trying to get Eevee.

Wallach

The amount of people trying to go into the wrong maze is incredible. It's like the people who were trying to get Eevee.

The people trying to progress are the ones putting them into the wrong maze. That's the real problem. The delay makes the action less than intuitive normally, but in this particular layout it is really screwing them.

Top Bottom