• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Box

At this point, I'd propose trying the Pokedolls just for the sake of doing something else but it's a real long shot since you can use them on any of the random encounter ghosts leading up to Marowak.

Cess007

tumblr_n16czhyWqz1qbz2q4o2_500.jpg

tumblr_n16czhyWqz1qbz2q4o3_500.jpg

tumblr_n16czhyWqz1qbz2q4o8_500.jpg

tumblr_n16czhyWqz1qbz2q4o10_500.jpg

Full comic: http://confessionsofarebel.tumblr.c...s-whole-thing-has-been-a-wonderful-experience

bon

Looks like this operation got even more disorganized while I wasn't looking. Did they at least evolve Drowzee yet?

DaBoss

At this point, I'd propose trying the Pokedolls just for the sake of doing something else but it's a real long shot since you can use them on any of the random encounter ghosts leading up to Marowak.
But wouldn't it be possible for nearly everyone to be spamming 'B' so it cannot be tossed or used? The only option would be to run, so yea.

Is there any way to pause the Twitch chat? People post images that I imagine are helpful at times but I can't ever click them because the chat box is moving so fast.

Cess007

Faddy

Banned
has anybody put a random input generator to compete against this?

Someone tried but it did nothing so they had to tweak it to bias the inputs towards the direction they wanted to go which kind of defeats the point but whatever. The biasedRNG run ended when it deposited (released?) Charmeleon and was left with Magikarp with Splash.

The obvious thing as to why a random input run would fail is to look at route 1. So many ledges impede up commands and means that the random number is working against against the current so to speak. So if it was truly random it would have a very low chance at getting to Veridian never mind anything else.

TwitchPlays has the advantage because even if only a small percentage know where they need to go they can imbalance the random input. Precision input is very hard though since there is a lot of Noise and the delay which is why we are in hideout hell.

Of course if the Eeveetards hadn't wasted the pokedolls trying to use the firestone we could have done the tower with Drowzee and the doll glitch and not bother with the silth scope.

ampere

So the team is looking like:

Hypno, Vileplume, Flareon, Raticate, Lapras, PidgeGOD

Not a bad team actually...

They'll never evolve another pokemon. Pretty sure Pidgeot only got through because the chat crashed while he was evolving.

They also have the problem now where all the non-Pidgeot pokemon are too low level to win any fights so they never get exp.

Top Bottom