• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Kriken

If they even get that far.

I see what you're plotting there you little devil. I'm watching you
watching.gif

Come, come and join the brotherhood.
SMfzM7x.png

AHHHH!! KILL IT WITH WATER!!!

Faddy

Banned
At this point, I'd propose trying the Pokedolls just for the sake of doing something else but it's a real long shot since you can use them on any of the random encounter ghosts leading up to Marowak.

Yeah but at least it would be progress. We had 2 pokedolls get tossed before due to firestone shenanigans but maybe it might work. It isn't like we need money, so if we have enough cash (dolls cost 1000) it is something to try.

TrickRoom

Give it 12 more hours and one or two more accidental digs. The collective will tire of this eventually and the resentment will turn them towards #teampokedoll !

They'll never evolve another pokemon. Pretty sure Pidgeot only got through because the chat crashed while he was evolving.

They also have the problem now where all the non-Pidgeot pokemon are too low level to win any fights so they never get exp.

They NEED to get exp to other Pokemon because the Pokemon Tower is a mandatory dungeon.

_hekk05

Banned
They NEED to get exp to other Pokemon because the Pokemon Tower is a mandatory dungeon.

They need to power level drowzee so he can outspeed the ghosts so they wont kill him with lick. Oddish has no hope against ghosts and neither does flareon (tackle lol). Only other possibility is jesus bird with gust and digrat with dig/thunderbolt.

Why don't we go down that bicycle road, or whatever, and fight the trainers there to get cash, to hopefully buy Pokedolls, and go to Pokemon Tower?

Or go to the Pokemon Gym, stomp with PidgeGod, and get money there?

Cess007

I must have missed it but why is flareon called the false prophet?

Pretty much this:

There was a large argument in the chat about whether or not to get the Pokémon Eevee. Doing so would have been a risky move, as it would necessitate evolving it to Vaporeon in order to have a Pokémon which would learn Surf. This would require the viewers to successfully buy and use a Water Stone without wasting all the player’s money. If this failed, something would need to be deposited in the PC in order to get Lapras, another Pokémon which could learn Surf, which would risk accidentally releasing a high-level Pokémon.

Despite the obvious downsides to doing so, the majority of users chose to get Eevee. They then failed to buy a Water Stone, accidentally buying a Fire Stone and evolving Eevee into Flareon. After going to the PC to deposit it, they accidentally released “ABBBBBBK (” (a.k.a. Abby) the Charmeleon and “JLVWNNOOOO” (a.k.a. Jay Leno) the Rattata. They also put Pidgeot, the highest-level Pokémon on the team, and the Helix Fossil into the PC (although both were later retrieved). Because the source of all this was Eevee, Eevee began to be viewed as a “false prophet” and servant of the Dome Fossil, which was viewed as Satan

Also, you can't possible be serious and tell me this doesn't looks wrong:

Never. JOIN US!

lrnVFcF.jpg

No seriously. WTF??????

OceanBlue

They need to power level drowzee so he can outspeed the ghosts so they wont kill him with lick. Oddish has no hope against ghosts and neither does flareon (tackle lol). Only other possibility is jesus bird with gust and digrat with dig/thunderbolt.

Gust is a normal move in gen 1.

TrickRoom

Why don't we go down that bicycle road, or whatever, and fight the trainers there to get cash, to hopefully buy Pokedolls, and go to Pokemon Tower?

Or go to the Pokemon Gym, stomp with PidgeGod, and get money there?

Snorlax blocks the bike road.

Okay guys let's stop quoting a disturbing picture before we get the weird art warning at the first thread post.

todd360

I really hope they are able to get out of the maze. If helix fossil gets turned into a Pokemon it has to spawn hilarious memes.

Box

I'm confident they'll be able to grind it out with Drowzee when they come to the Pokemon Tower. It's slow but steady progress.

Faddy

Banned

Drowzee is immune to ghosts in Gen 1. If he can power level in the tower where he is basically a god then he could be useful if he can get to level 25+

I am converted. If Flareon is responsible for that it must be Satan. If that abomination starred in a Marble Hornets Parody I would never be able to sleep again.

TrickRoom

I thought ghost was strong against psychic? Lick definitely deals damage.

Psychic itself is immune to ghosts in gen1. It became super-effective in gen2 onwards.

Yes, that means the anime and guides had it wrong. Possibly the developers even got it wrong and it was all a programming mistake.

Top Bottom