• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
unless you wanna train a pokemon which only knows splash

This party can't even level any pokemon capable of levelling by iself
And you want to SWITCH OUT LEVEL?
I'm 99% sure we'd have a L100 pidgeot before Magikarp evolves.

TrickRoom

By the way, what is the pokedoll trick? I only ever cleared the tower using the scope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM3HtpoOSlo

Using it will flee the battle, and it'll count as a victory over the marowak, which would usually push you back one square if you had selected the "run" command.

Since the only thing needed from the rocket maze to progress is the Silph Scope, we won't need to get through it if we used a Pokedoll.

Please excuse my brothers...they tend to be rash when trying to help the cause.

To the people mourning for Abby and Jay Leno: it is time we let go of our past. Just let it go, Let it go, Let it go~~.

dwkkWVa.gif

Once we make it through this, they can both be truly happy.

So the chat just mentioned the safari zone and how it would be impossible. I then remembered that surf was placed in the safari zone. The zone has a 500-step limit. Hell hasn't been reached yet. We're merely on the edge of it.

Jachaos

So the chat just mentioned the safari zone and how it would be impossible. I then remembered that surf was placed in the safari zone. The zone has a 500-step limit. Hell hasn't been reached yet. We're merely on the edge of it.

I think someone mentioned since it's a ROM-hack the limit can be removed, or the streamer will take matters into his own hands.

TrickRoom

Surf, and the Golden Teeth needed for Strength.

There's rumors that a cheat was enabled to make steps unlimited, though.

Kriken

Please excuse my brothers...they tend to be rash when trying to help the cause.

To the people mourning for Abby and Jay Leno: it is time we let go of our past. Just let it go, Let it go, Let it go~~.

dwkkWVa.gif

Once we make it through this, they can both be truly happy.

image.php

HE'S NEXT

Shinypogs

Maybe we'll be able to make some progress overnight. That's usually when everything seems to happen.

Viewership steadily dropping, we should theoretically be able to take consecutive steps in a given direction at some point soonish. of course once we accomplish anything there'll be tonnes of people again.

_hekk05

Banned
This party can't even level any pokemon capable of levelling by iself
And you want to SWITCH OUT LEVEL?
I'm 99% sure we'd have a L100 pidgeot before Magikarp evolves.

I was giving options.

Good-rod to catching any water pokemon is ok as well. I think good rod magikarps are lvl 15, so they know tackle.

Or just get the damn lapras.

TrickRoom

I find it miraculous that we have an alternative at all. The fact that this one puzzle just happens to be for something for which the game just happens to have a glitch to skip is one lucky coincidence.

Now I'm tempted to look for any other possible choke points on this run other than the well-known safari zone and the pre-victory road eleven-step double ledge drop of terror.

TrickRoom

The pokedoll resistance has managed to move the body up to the B1 floor. Or it could just be an accident. Either way, it looks like some people are noticing that the most optimal strategy is pre-clearing the tower before getting the dolls.

I am genuinely interested in seeing if the right conclusion can spread to the masses in time. It could speak volumes about humanity.

...not that this stream isn't already full of statements like that.

Azuran

Banned
Watched for 5 minutes and my whole world went to hell. How can you watch this and not want to gouge your eyeballs out.

The good moments really make up for the boring stuff like the one we're in right now, so we stick with it no matter what. Or maybe we are all just mentally insane by now.

Take your pick.

Top Bottom