• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Down to 2 seconds now.

In order for chat to control it properly they would need a delay of like 2 minutes, which would be super boring to watch.

Reboot again, let's see what happens next! lol

blamite

yeah, this is really shitty.

chat's in slowmode so you can't even vote on more than one consecutive action.

I'll check back tomorrow, maybe it'll be fun again.

linko9

The new number system would make things significantly easier if people would actually use it >_>

It's a silly system. To actually make it work, you need to restrict the choices to only 1 or 5, or the number swill never get voted. I think the numbers are dumb anyway, get rid of them.

This new delay seems reasonable, but it still kills the spirit of the thing.

Effer

Hmm, it's sort-of working with commands implemented every 2 seconds, but viewers still need to be thinking 30 seconds ahead to be inputting relevant commands.

Hmm, it's sort-of working with commands implemented every 2 seconds, but streamers still need to be thinking 30 seconds ahead to be inputting relevant commands.

Thinking ahead and compensating was a major part of control in the original method, anyway.

A lower voting time would be good, and a first-to-X-number-of-votes (10? 5?) would be ideal in terms of speed.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
RED needs the youth vote.
Someone start a campaign.
How sad to see the old faith be twisted and turned into something so hateful and vile. His words were of love and joy; this experiment an adventure to be enjoyed with comrades. But we, the collective, are so prideful and vain we cannot see ourselves were we truly are: at fault.

Anger and jealousy has not breathed life into the dome fossil nor is Flareon some malicious demon bend on leading us astray! It is our own incompetence that has caused us our suffering. It was our anger at their weakness that released ABBBBBBK( and JLVWNNOOOO! It was our inability to accept the blame that labeled Flareon a “False Prophet!”

And it will not stop there, for as blessed as he is, our Champion, he still only a Pidgeot. His limits will show themselves and when they do we will cast him aside; as we have done the others and those who have yet to come.

His words were of love and joy. To succeed with our Pokémon, no matter how “weak” or “useless” others said of them. And we have betrayed His words. Betrayed Him.

We have become that which we most hate; for our name may be written RED but our soul is BLUE.
Dunno why this was only quoted once.

blamite

The only thing that would help us get anywhere would be a 40 second window to enter commands, followed by a 40 second wait... and that would be insanely boring to watch.

TheOGB

Banned
So now I guess we're gonna try this shopping thing again

Or... nope, just down. Always down.

Bow to your down and start overlords.

I think the creator got some hybris and wanted to gift us some awesome algorithm. Too bad he totally forgot the immensly attractive aspect of order out of chaos just by chance.

PBalfredo

Alright, I'm often to bed. Eastern Hemisphere, please use this time to beat Rocket HQ and not do something stupid like release our best pokemon
Flareon
before we inevitably piss away the gift of
slow and ineffecient
democracy.

edit: or just start spam. that's good too

TheOGB

Banned
saw this on Twitter said:
the start spamming is back, but now, instead of trolling, it's civil disobedience

I don't think I'll be able to play a Pokemon game again without having Vietnam-style flashbacks.
I was navigating menus on my Xbox to turn it off after watching yesterday and felt like something was wrong because it was so easy

why on earth would they allow compounding commands??

Trolls are going to spam start even more now

Edit: welp.. top 3 commands as soon as I looked were "start9" "start8" and "start7"

Missed a few pages, what's this about a new system?

Information
New input system information!

Inputs are now vote-based over a 5 second period (working on finding a better timespan).

You can type buttons as usual and also add numbers to them to increase the number of times that button is pressed.

You can add one to the other like left2down2 to move down twice and left twice.

More people need to plan in advance and take advantage of the multi presses (these are wasted votes currently).

Edit: start 9...yeah this'll never work. I still think macros using some sort of AI are the only viable way even if it makes a bit more choose your own adventure (say you're in a town you would get a press 1 to go the Pokecentre, press 2 to go to the Pokemart etc...)

Jokab

At this point I think the people who want the old system are just showing streamer that this new system is easily abused.

Top Bottom