• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

StarVigil

H8AdX5t.gif

Anarchy > Democracy it seems

The people are on the streets. This is really like a small society. If you take away the illusion of choice people will riot. Don´t play the dictator for the greater good. Let chaos reign!

Lace

Voting makes you feel your not playing anymore but someone else is. Along with removing the sense of a invisible will to head towards one direction and the struggle that involves.

Newline

No one knows the origins of the ever so powerful start9. All we know is the great power it possesses. Hopefully we use it well.

Seriously this whole thing is a surprisingly great experiment for how different political systems work when faced with a large mass of people.

Anarchy, democracy, rioting, protests, the effect of "religious figures" on the mindset of the masses, the war between people wanting progress vs trollers wanting chaos...as someone who has studied political systems at length I find this absolutely fascinating hahaha.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
paused again... hopefully that voting will be removed

Voting? Did they implement an average system over night?
And what was that start9 thing about? Just woke up and missed something I guess.

Seriously this whole thing is a surprisingly great experiment for how different political systems work when faced with a large mass of people.

Anarchy, democracy, rioting, protests, the effect of "religious figures" on the mindset of the masses, the war between people wanting progress vs trollers wanting chaos...as someone who has studied political systems at length I find this absolutely fascinating hahaha.

Exactly.

This whole twitch stream has been a social experiment in various ways.

Mory Dunz

Wow, this has turned out to be a really interesting social experiment.

And it even caused the other small streams to come up with different goals and ideals. Blue actually got one person to do commands for a few minutes to switch a pokemon. But it took something away from the randomness at some point.

Sheesh, I need to get some sleep...

Newline

Summary of that somewhere?

Why did it fail?
It promised us structure but all it gave us was a hindrance to progress. Start trollers were also given more leeway under the new system too, the public were having none of it and began an uprising. Mimicking the start trollers until the system was taken down.

Cyrano

Summary of that somewhere?
The beginning of the saga: streamer implements a voting system that queued votes and made decisions in ten second intervals. That failed pretty horribly.
Paused it, returned with a shorter interval voting system, five seconds instead of ten. Also failed.
Then, five second intervals where you could queue multiple commands, "start9" would press the start button nine times. Thus the start9 armada began. This broke the blockade of the streamer's heart. Or Helix Fossil got involved.
Why did it fail?
So most likely, the voting system failed because there were long intervals between actions. Ostensibly to give the script some time to process votes. Didn't work because actions felt extraordinarily delayed due to the game waiting long periods for single inputs.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
The beginning of the saga: streamer implements a voting system that queued votes and made decisions in ten second intervals. That failed pretty horribly.
Paused it, returned with a shorter interval voting system, five seconds instead of ten. Also failed.
Then, five second intervals where you could queue multiple commands, "start9" would press the start button nine times. Thus the start9 armada began.

So most likely, the voting system failed because there were long intervals between actions. Ostensibly to give the script some time to process votes. Didn't work because actions felt extraordinarily delayed due to the game waiting long periods for single inputs.

Ah I see, interesting. Thanks.

So I guess they want to go back to the PC now

What for?

Top Bottom