• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Democracy rose, united 50,000 people and fell within a hour.

Yes, there is a disturbing lack of proper faith as of late. Individuals who are only fair-day Helixites... seems the last 12 hours is the first time we've lost any substantial amount of viewers (25k)... Though at least we seem to have contained the poison that is Flareon for a time.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
We made negative progress. Depositing Flareon and Drowzee was a terrible idea, because Drowzee can actually hit Ghost types and Flareon has the potential to. Meanwhile, we still have Dig Rat.

MechaX

So... they deposited Flareon and Drowsee.. and they have Pidgeot at least.

Assuming that they even reach Giovanni, will they even be able to defeat him?

They need to get Flareon back in the party. Flareon can light the darkness to show the path to freedom.

Now we have slots... how good are ghosts against ghosts?
Ghosts are pretty bad in Gen 1 without TMs to give them good non-Ghost moves.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

Probably not. Two rock types to frustrate Pidgeot, followed by Kangaskhan, who's actually a pretty heavy-hitter in Gen 1.

_hekk05

Banned
We don't need him. We have oddish for cut.

Based on current party:

Oddish(without evolution) learns 24-acid, 33-petal dance, 46 solar beam.

Digrata(without evolution) learns 14-hyper fang, 34-super fang

Dux learns jack shit

Bird Jesus learns jack shit.

Edit: Dux can learn swords dance though, so we can stat up into fly. Doubt we can pull it off though

GoodlifeX

I think the only way for this to happen now is for it to lose some popularity. What we had before was just madness....but this...this...

This is fascinating. Been following it for ages, and enjoyed taking part. I MOVED HIM UP. YES.

Seriously though, I wish those cunts would stop pressing start.

I think he has a Rhyhorn and a Kangaskhan, so it should be doable. Sylph co. is where this falls apart, trainers become too powerful to just beat with random gusts, Blue is really strond and Giovanni too. I'm not even talking about the navigation, nobody knows where to go. Hell, I've replayed Red over 20 times and I only kinda know where to go.

This is all assuming they get past Rocket Hideout or can use a Pokedoll effectively, which they wont.

_hekk05

Banned
I think he has a Rhyhorn and a Kangaskhan, so it should be doable. Sylph co. is where this falls apart, trainers become too powerful to just beat with random gusts, Blue is really strond and Giovanni too. I'm not even talking about the navigation, nobody knows where to go. Hell, I've replayed Red over 20 times and I only kinda know where to go.

This is all assuming they get past Rocket Hideout or can use a Pokedoll effectively, which they wont.

Heh. If they just randomly walk around and train oddish, and digrata, we might have a chance. After that, we can train lapras.

Digrata murders rock types (with dig, unless earthquake), and lapras will murder giovanni too. Oddish is weak to nearly everyone in koga's gym though, so we dun goofed without drowzee.

Bumhat

GoodlifeX said:
What we had before was just madness...
Übermatik said:
I wish those cunts would stop pressing start.

START9.gif

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, there is a disturbing lack of proper faith as of late. Individuals who are only fair-day Helixites... seems the last 12 hours is the first time we've lost any substantial amount of viewers (25k)... Though at least we seem to have contained the poison that is Flareon for a time.
But at the cost of Drowzee. The Pokemon Tower is going to be a massacre...

_hekk05

Banned
It was going to be a massacre anyway, you think we'd be able to actually use a psychic move?

Haha pound and disable all the way.

But godangit drowzee learns confusion, psychic, hypnosis and dreameater through leveling. Its practically overpowered in gen 1.

Its also a rare find in r/b, so I have no idea how TPP found and caught one.

I guess we can also try our luck finding an execute, or a tauros, or kangaskan, or chansey, or pinser, or scyther, or rhyhorn, or nido in safari zone. Safari zone captures are all luck anyway, so twitch cant really fuck things up too much.

Toxi

Banned
Haha pound and disable all the way.

But godangit drowzee learns confusion, psychic, hypnosis and dreameater through leveling. Its practically overpowered in gen 1.

Its also a rare find in r/b, so I have no idea how TPP found and caught one.

I guess we can also try our luck finding an execute, or a tauros, or kangaskan, or chansey, or pinser, or scyther, or rhyhorn, or nido in safari zone. Safari zone captures are all luck anyway, so twitch cant really fuck things up too much.
Unfortunately, we're not gonna be able to access the Safari Zone until Pokemon Tower. :-\

It's a pity those channelers are there.

Mistel

Banned
Sylph co. is where this falls apart, trainers become too powerful to just beat with random gusts, Blue is really strond and Giovanni too. I'm not even talking about the navigation, nobody knows where to go. Hell, I've replayed Red over 20 times and I only kinda know where to go.
Navigating sliph isn't too hard, the sheer amount of trainers present is a bigger issue.

But at the cost of Drowzee. The Pokemon Tower is going to be a massacre...

We'll have to go back to the PC at some point. Drowzee can be saved... but hopefully not at the cost of the seal on Flareon... But first things first, we have to get out of here. Need that masterball so we can get another Rattata.

Bumhat

What did I missed other than Flareon getting deposited?
what is that "START9" ?

A 'democracy' system was introduced whereby a counter monitored which inputs were being typed in chat. The one that had the most 'votes' in a certain space of time was then used in-game.

The problem with this is that it slowed everything to a crawl, plus for some reason it allowed people to choose how many times an input would be used e.g. if the most popular input was 'right4' then Red would move right four times. As soon as people realised this they started spamming 'START9' over and over again, so for five solid minutes the game did nothing but pause and unpause.

Heh. If they just randomly walk around and train oddish, and digrata, we might have a chance. After that, we can train lapras.

Digrata murders rock types (with dig, unless earthquake), and lapras will murder giovanni too. Oddish is weak to nearly everyone in koga's gym though, so we dun goofed without drowzee.

He hits them for SE, but even Raticate doesn't do any meaningful damage with it because of huge defenses on the Rock types. Oddish would be a better option if it learns Mega Drain or Petal Dance(lol).

Even Drowzee's Psychic moves would have been better but hey for some reason Flareon needed to go.

Griss

Out of curiosity, what's the problem with Flareon, and what's the problem with the release option? I imagine trolls are trying to release the pokemon to screw the run, but is there more to it? Why are people upset with Eevee/Flareon?

Top Bottom