• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

CCS

Banned
We should not have stored FlareGod. We should have trusted in its light, for the night is dark and full of terrors.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
We'll have to go back to the PC at some point. Drowzee can be saved... but hopefully not at the cost of the seal on Flareon... But first things first, we have to get out of here. Need that masterball so we can get another Rattata.
Oh man, I haven't thought about that. We should make bets regarding which 'mon is going to get caught with it, if Red ever manages to acquire it.

Wh0 N0se

What do we actually need to do next? We keep going to different floors and I'm not 100% sure what the exact thing we need to be doing is.

Why the fuck would you change it? There is a reason the stream got up to 70K+ viewers and has like 50K now. People like it how it was, don't change that.

Or are you just seeing what you want to see? The viewers bombed before that point. Never before has it taken so long for progress to be made, and people might have just lost interest. The streamer tried to fix it so there would be progress and thus more interest again, people didn't like it, so he changed it again. I don't know why he's being portrayed as some kind of villain.

shaowebb

We should not have stored FlareGod. We should have trusted in its light, for the night is dark and full of terrors.

3nRR61a.gif

It now holds dominion over its PC kingdom. Fear its return.

mclem

He really shouldn't be fucking with how the inputs work at this stage in the game... you can't take an experiment seriously if you're always changing the rules. We either accomplish something or we don't, don't change the rules to try and make it so we CAN no matter what (we will eventually anyways)
Well, he may regard that first experiment as having reached a natural conclusion, and is now trying to find another.

I suspect the things he's trying now are what his plans *were* for Safari Zone way back when, he's just brought them in earlier due to issues in Rocket HQ.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Democracy could work if it lasted .5 seconds so it only took about 5 commands at a time. Also don't bring back the multiplier.

Dario ff

Banned
I think a better alternative to the polling idea would be to just ignore the very unpopular inputs below a certain treshold (a very small one).

The guy has the data to know which inputs are pretty much insignificant. If in a second people don't press a certain button x amount of times (x being a treshold he can tweak depending on the amount of inputs per second), then they just get ignored. There would still be lots of fun anarchy, but one guy wouldn't ruin everything like in the ledge situation.

Instead of going for the most popular option, just ignore the very unpopular ones for a happy middle-ground.

Or are you just seeing what you want to see? The viewers bombed before that point. Never before has it taken so long for progress to be made, and people might have just lost interest. The streamer tried to fix it so there would be progress and thus more interest again, people didn't like it, so he changed it again. I don't know why he's being portrayed as some kind of villain.

Um the viewers dropped to 50K which is still absolutely insane. It was always going to be difficult to maintain the ridiculous levels the stream got up to. Can you really call 40-50K viewers a lack of interest? If so what does that say about the previous 4 days of stream viewers? Viewer counts can also fluctuate with the time of day.

I don't really mind as long as it doesn't ruin some of the fun. It's pretty awesome having all these people come together and i'd love to see this continue for a run of GSC. I guess if people are voting democracy than that's what will happen and we'll just see where that goes.

Toxi

Banned
Uh, guys? The reason we dropped in viewership is probably because we've accomplished fuck all in this warp tile hell. Even that goddamn ledge didn't take this long.

Democracy is stupid. Most people want us to complete the game anyway, so it will be the same as a guy just playing and winning since thats what most of us want. He can just look at chat and see what most are saying.

Anarchy is the whole point of this anyway. It's "Twitch plays" not "Twitch decides". Why change it.

I suspect the things he's trying now are what his plans *were* for Safari Zone way back when, he's just brought them in earlier due to issues in Rocket HQ.

This would make some sort of sense, but my god it's still a terrible idea even for that.

I still stand by the fact that he shouldn't be messing with the inputs half way through the run.

Uh, guys? The reason we dropped in viewership is probably because we've accomplished fuck all in this warp tile hell. Even that goddamn ledge didn't take this long.

Gaining and losing viewers with ups and downs are to be expected... you don't change your experiment parameters because you aren't getting the result you want.

MechaX

Democracy is stupid. Most people want us to complete the game anyway, so it will be the same as a guy just playing and winning since thats what most of us want. He can just look at chat and see what most are saying.

Anarchy is the whole point of this anyway. It's "Twitch plays" not "Twitch decides". Why change it.

Because they have been stuck in Rocket HQ for over 24 hours with no actual progress?

I mean, if you want to see Red run into walls and hear Game Corner on infinite loop for the rest of the play's duration, more power to you.

Totally agree.

Because they have been stuck in Rocket HQ for over 24 hours with no actual progress?

I mean, if you want to see Red run into walls and hear Game Corner on infinite loop for the rest of the play's duration, more power to you.

That's not going to happen. Things will work somehow, that's how history works and what actually this experiment was demonstrating.

Toxi

Banned
The plan for the Safari Zone was to remove the step counter from what I heard.

Safari balls aren't a problem with the step counter gone, we get 30 of them (the chat can't be awful enough to waste ALL of them) and there are plenty of close trainers to battle for money every time we fail.

I think the reason most are against the Democracy style of progressing is because it only slowed down the game and didn't actually solve any problems (at least from what it seems like, I wasn't watching the stream when it happened).

Top Bottom