• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

#TEAMANARCHY

cheeeeeeeeeeeeen: ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

niegtown: ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

hullt: ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

tequilajoseph: I BROUGHT TEQUILA

lmw_ybc: Now, can we please make some progress? Remember that your commands will not enter immediately, so try to think ahead.

spindybutts: ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ R I O T ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

taxiicab: ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノRIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

generalsoviet: DEMOCRACY IS FALSE

shadowshinychu: good lord XD

diddy__: you people don't even know what

I love the chat.

Bumhat

Within literally 5 seconds of democracy coming back:

startreturn.png

Gurrry

Wow.. if he really does this vote system I think he is gonna lose alot of people.

Its not nearly as fun for me as a viewer if this system stays.

He's going to remove the multiplier.

Maybe in stead of acting like a small child that doesn't get what he wants and keep spamming start9 the anarchist should roll with it and see what happens. If it's ineffective it'll eventually get changed, it didn't get a chance.

kiguel182

He is going to change it after all? Why?

The idea isn't to do a perfect playtrought, is just to let it go and see what happens like it has been since the start.

If I wanted everything to go right I would just go and play the game.

Maybe in stead of acting like a small child that doesn't get what he wants and keep spamming start9 the anarchist should roll with it and see what happens. If it's ineffective it'll eventually get changed, it didn't get a chance.

It's not about efficiency or effectiveness... if you think that's the case then you've missed the point entirely.

They're still stuck in the hideout?

He's ruining the whole point of the exercise. I wanted to see if it were possible for them to get through on their own.

And now it's back to normal?

Cirruss

From the Twitch page:

Anarchy and Democracy

TwitchPlaysPokemon now has two modes, anarchy and democracy.

Anarchy mode is the "old" mode, where everyone's inputs are applied immediately.

Democracy mode is vote-based and has a more sophisticated input system.

In order to switch from one mode to the other, the mode that isn't active needs 75% of votes as indicated by the dotted line, the current percentage of votes is indicated by the black line.

Sounds like an attempt at getting the best of both worlds, with democracy for the parts that require delicate movement and anarchy for everywhere he can just zoom past. Only problem is democracy still sucks for delicate movement too due to the stream lag.

They're still stuck in the hideout?

He's ruining the whole point of the exercise. I wanted to see if it were possible for them to get through on their own.

And now it's back to normal?

Supposedly he removed the multiplier just now, we'll see since democracy will take over again in a moment.

But this isn't the same thing that got us upto here. This system is more the equivalent of just watching some random guy play and him seeing the chat and doing what people want. if this was the original system, this thing would not have gone viral or even that popular

Bullza2o

I...I don't know what's going on anymore. What's this whole democracy/anarchy and Start9? I just woke up and everything is different (except the setting haha).

kiguel182

From the Twitch page:

Sounds like an attempt at getting the best of both worlds, with democracy for the parts that require delicate movement and anarchy for everywhere he can just zoom past. Only problem is democracy still sucks for delicate movement too due to the stream lag.

So now people will spend time voting and playing the game? dumb move.

mclem

I've heard people complain about the blue stream because a only select few have true control over progress and dissident voices get banned at the drop of a hat.

Kind of ironic if you consider what red and blue are traditionally associated with in U.S. politics.

US Politics is a bit different from the rest of the world in that respect. In much of the rest of the world, red is left-wing, blue is right-wing.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Broseph just destroyed his own social phenomenon. If he was so concerned about getting past this puzzle, it would have been infinitely better to just take over for ten seconds. It would have been lame, but way less lame than this.

Tucah

you speak so well
Just tuned in after waking up, what the hell is this voting shit? This makes it infinitely less interesting to watch.

-Horizon-

From the Twitch page:

I think I prefer Anarchy mode even if nothing gets done for hours.

The democratic system just doesn't work with the twitch lag. Everyone spamming the wrong direction input way too late, and then spamming to counter, and so on until they end up stuck in the same spot.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Or are you just seeing what you want to see? The viewers bombed before that point. Never before has it taken so long for progress to be made, and people might have just lost interest. The streamer tried to fix it so there would be progress and thus more interest again, people didn't like it, so he changed it again. I don't know why he's being portrayed as some kind of villain.
Because it's just like the capitalist system: offer and supply. If prices are too high, people will stop buying. Then once demand falls, prices will have to fall too so the excess of supply can be sold.

It's the same principle here. Many viewers are gone because there hasn't been any progress in over 10 hours, and the reason for that was the excessive amount of viewers. If they go down enough, then we'll reach a point where progress can start being made again, and that will bring in more viewers.

So buy low and sell high. That's the tip to winning TPP. The Helix has spoken.

Wow.. if he really does this vote system I think he is gonna lose alot of people.

Its not nearly as fun for me as a viewer if this system stays.

I do agree with this - but the funny thing is that there's probably a roughly equal amount of progress with this system. One voted-for move versus 50-100odd random moving in circles or pressing start. But it's still not as fun to watch, obviously.

Samer

lol welcome to twitch?

I don't really like watching streams that much, just the ESL and I don't think I ever commented. But this is different. I've been here since day one and today's been the first time that I got that response from the server.

The delay kinda makes voting on each move pointless...

That's why there is such a long vote time, it's useful to counteract that.

I do understand the point of this new updated system and there is value in that it COULD actually work when stuck on precision points...

The problem is that it defeats a large part of the feel of the initial experiment IMO.

Top Bottom