• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Watching the Blue stream trying to work towards getting Earthquake for their team is more interesting even with fewer people.

Sanic

Some people must have really awful stream delay (like a minute+) given the way some of these votes are playing out. It's even more frustrating as it seems few are intelligent enough to account for the delay even with democracy active. This should be easy.

Mistel

Banned
The more constraints placed on the prevention of harm in progress will not really achieve much.

If we conquered the ledge in anarchy, why not the maze?

LProtag

Flareon got deposited? Damn.

Also I'm conflicted, I've just woken up and seen the new system. It seems like it will make progress more possible but... it's not fun.

As a pure spectator, sure the democracy system is more boring to watch, but it kind of highlights the struggle between people who want to get through this section versus those that want to stall progress. Neither system is going to be perfect, and I doubt anyone watching wants perfection. I do like how voting anarchy vs. democracy keeps the decision making to the stream and not to the streamer. Only time will tell if democracy will actually help or hurt, but at least it cuts down on the temptation for the streamer to directly interfere.

It would certainly help if we had a timer for when voting would end... that way we could plan ahead for the next move.

(edit) or a line that pops up "votes now will count towards next step" adjusted for where about twitch lag is at.

The majority of people don't know that awesome strategies like THIS were born organically in order to complete these kind of tasks. Much better than a voting system.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
This is now really boring. It's killing the run for me.

Stuart444

I wish the streamer would just say "if we don't get past here within an hour (or something) then I'll take over, finish the area and then let you guys take control of it again"

Something like that. Even with Anarchy mode, it can get boring being in the same place for hours.

I would like to see democratic rule actually get this damn lift key, but after that we should go back to the old anarchy reigns system of doing things, or else the game will get boring very fast.

Grizzo

Maybe the majority of people now playing never beat Pokemon Red and has no clue where to go at all? That would explain why we made no progress since yesterday?

(yeah, I know it's probably more of the delay and troll's fault than people not knowing what to do, haha)

Cyrano

I wish the streamer would just say "if we don't get past here within an hour (or something) then I'll take over, finish the area and then let you guys take control of it again"

Something like that. Even with Anarchy mode, it can get boring being in the same place for hours.
This would also ruin it. Though the whole voting thing kind of ruins it already, because the lag is impossible to adjust.

Anyway, message me when start9 spams reigns supreme. Kinda boring now.

The beauty of this was that you can leave it for hours, go to work, go to bed, and come back and play for a bit then go again. You're not supposed to watch it for hours and hours. This method is stupid. Might make it easier but that's not even the point.

Dario ff

Banned
All you have to do with this system is just input one step ahead as soon as the voting for the current step starts. They will learn it eventually I guess.

The numbered steps are kinda useless and make it harder to coordinate.

Revven

This would also ruin it. Though the whole voting thing kind of ruins it already, because the lag is impossible to adjust.

The streamer already has plans to take over at the Safari Zone (to get Surf, Gold Teeth, and Strength) so taking over for this maze wouldn't ruin it any more than that would.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
My bottle is always half full :p

I think we can do it as long as people come to understand that they need to coordinate their movements to match the twitch delay, which should be easier with this system.

I think the Rocket Hideout just proves Giovanni is a mastermind.

benoit489

Neo Member
TwitchPlaysPokemon! Release no more. Helix Fossil is to be reinstated. There was a dream that was getting the Lift Key. It shall be realized. These are the wishes of ABBBBBBK( and JLVWNNOOOO.

- Maximus from Gladiatior

I think the democracy is still interesting to watch.

The more we practice the better we will get at putting in these complex commands (left2up3, etc.)

Remember that the majority of the game is going to still be in anarchy

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Whats the point now though, they'll always use this system if it proves successful.

Top Bottom