• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Leonsito

The funny thing now is that when democracy wins, the people that voted for it will focus on playing the game, then anarchy will win again, and forcing the democrats to vote and stop acting...

Kimaka

Are the numbers the amount of steps in a direction?

Hivemind is too dumb to account for the lag.

They did account for the lag for a while but fucked up once. I think once they get used to it they can make it through.

Edit: A direction + any number is a bad idea. It'll just screw up the whole process because of the lag.

This democracy seems appropriate for the current area - but once we get the key it should stop.

That said, haven't we just got out of the wrong maze only to go back into it again? Does this really work?

People are already starting to shun the "new way" and revert back to their lord Helix's true path.

NBhzzDq.png

Sanic

This is just painful now...they've gone through this already. They know how long the delay is and know where they need to go. They need to account for that when inputting commands.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Übermatik;101287304 said:
This democracy seems appropriate for the current area - but once we get the key it should stop.

That said, haven't we just got out of the wrong maze only to go back into it again? Does this really work?

The greatest enemy is Twitch lag, at the moment.

The blue stream is just as bad, they are trying to get one person to do all the work and are shouting DON'T TYPE to everyone who does. I think people are forgetting what made this whole thing so beautiful and popular in the first place. The hunger to just "win" has taken over. Why don't we all just grab a game boy and play our own version...

I think the democracy is still interesting to watch.

The more we practice the better we will get at putting in these complex commands (left2up3, etc.)

Remember that the majority of the game is going to still be in anarchy
Perhaps, though this could have been another miracle that would've been extremely hype. I think the democracy system should be reserved for parts where trial and error can't prevail due to tiny margins of error (like Safari Zone or Victory Road).

Sanic

The blue stream is just as bad, they are trying to get one person to do all the work and are shouting DON'T TYPE to everyone who does. I think people are forgetting what made this whole thing so beautiful and popular in the first place. The hunger to just "win" has taken over. Why don't we all just grab a game boy and play our own version...

I can see the desire in winning.

For me personally, i'm not frustrated/mad so much as I am disappointed. It takes a pocket of brain cells to understand how this thing works, but we clearly have a large chunk of less than intelligent people who refuse to account for the delay.

edit: we are never going to get past the section we're in now because of that.

DaBoss

This is now a battle between hivemind, and hivemind accounting for the delay.

Everyone wants to help, but some aren't doing the right thing.

benoit489

Neo Member
Oh my goodness it could be happening! My heart was racing when the left and down votes kept switching spots before left finally won out.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
I should just choose the lotto balls that I want to win instead of letting the the balls bounce around and land.

Perhaps, though this could have been another miracle that would've been extremely hype. I think the democracy system should be reserved for parts where trial and error can't prevail due to tiny margins of error (like Safari Zone or Victory Road).

But it still is trial and error. There is a spot in this maze where we have to go down ONLY TWICE and the right twice. If we go down three times, we have to start whole maze over. That's going to take a lot of tries and coordination.

Top Bottom