• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Eb6KwLm.jpg

whats with the anarchy and democracy?

Democracy we vote on moves, anarchy is the old system/free for all.

Democracy (in theory) is to be used to handle precise puzzles like this one. Anarchy is faster and is for everything that needs less precision. You can vote on which system to use at any time, you need 75% of the vote to switch.

DaBoss

It's so frustrating to watch because it should be obvious by now there is a delay, yet some people can't realize that for themselves.

You can tell by the last vote with how close up and left were that there were many people who were accounting for the delay, but that number is smaller in comparison to the ones who aren't.

Toxi

Banned
You know, no matter how dumb this gets... I'm glad I found this thread. I'm glad I joined early enough to see us grow from Cerulean to Celadon. I'm glad I saw Abby beat the American and I'm glad I was groaning with the rest of us at the ledge and I'm glad I saw Pidgeot become a star.

This is the best game of Pokemon Red I've had since I was eight years old. :)

At least this isn't R/S/E imagine going up that tower for rayquaza?

Or Gold with Morty's gym.
7a.gif

inyue

Banned
What's happening now?

I watched some parts when they were doing some "voting system" and after some restarts on the live it went back to the old "normal" system.

Now looks like it's the voting system again? What the fuck is this "anarchy/democracy"?

What's happening now?

I watched some parts when they were doing some "voting system" and after some restarts on the live it went back to the old "normal" system.

Now looks like it's the voting system again? What the fuck is this "anarchy/democracy"?

This was explained 3 times on this very page :p

Anarchy is the normal system that was in place from the start with every one making a decision.
Democracy is a voting system to make a move based on popularity of the choice.

:D

Democracy we vote on moves, anarchy is the old system/free for all.

Democracy (in theory) is to be used to handle precise puzzles like this one. Anarchy is faster and is for everything that needs less precision. You can vote on which system to use at any time, you need 75% of the vote to switch.

They put in a voting system. If the majority picks anarchy then the original system of putting in commands is used, however if the majority of people want democracy then each move is done by a vote.
got it makes things way more easier

I think the owner should take control for just a bit to get them through this.

This is a terrible idea and the helix condemns you to a fate worse than death... Cerulean City.

Should this not in theory make this segment easier?

They still cannot do it..?

it's working, but it's not a guarantee with twitch lag. This is only attempt 3 on the new system... the problem is lag, and that this system is very very slow and thus takes time.

BlueMagic

The real problem with democracy is that most people really don't know what to do ingame, on top of the fact that they don't understand the twitch delay apparently.
Bring back anarchy and let us follow the way of the helix, as was intended. Also WHY THE HELL ARE WE STILL NOT TRYING TO GET A POKEDOLL? If we managed to give the water to that guy and to evolve Eevee then it should not be a problem, if we are a little cautious (anti-start squad constantly pressing B until we get to the tower).

Someone just asked "is a bot playing this or a real person". Even a real person could be controlling this right now, it's nothing extraordinary. If it wasn't for the original system none of the memes would exist and it wouldn't have got so much coverage. The people are not in full control! Switch back!

todd360

Wait why is no one voting for the democracy system for this maze? Is there really that many trolls who have nothing better to do?

The real problem with democracy is that most people really don't know what to do ingame, on top of the fact that they don't understand the twitch delay apparently.
Bring back anarchy and let us follow the way of the helix, as was intended. Also WHY THE HELL ARE WE STILL NOT TRYING TO GET A POKEDOLL? If we managed to give the water to that guy and to evolve Eevee then it should not be a problem, if we are a little cautious (anti-start squad constantly pressing B until we get to the tower).

We did, we had several. We also threw them away.

Wait why is no one voting for the democracy system for this maze? Is there really that many trolls who have nothing better to do?

Err... we're already using the democracy system in the maze...

LProtag

Twitch delay was the bane of this anyway, we all knew it would eventually screw us up. We got where we were through a general sense of what we wanted to do and a lot of luck and that was where the fun of this came from.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You know, no matter how dumb this gets... I'm glad I found this thread. I'm glad I joined early enough to see us grow from Cerulean to Celadon. I'm glad I saw Abby beat the American and I'm glad I was groaning with the rest of us at the ledge and I'm glad I saw Pidgeot become a star.

This is the best game of Pokemon Red I've had since I was eight years old. :)
I'm very sad I missed all that. Just found this yesterday :(

some people prefer the anarchy system.
Imho, you're just as likely to fail with both systems, but at least anarchy is fun and doesn't take forever.

BlueMagic

We did, we had several. We also threw them away.

Yeah, I know. But (I don't know how democracy will do though) it still seems like the better choice really, considering our past. Also I believe a couple were used in a fight? Given a more constant use of B we should be OK, we had some items for a long time which were never used/tossed.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
The funny thing now is that when democracy wins, the people that voted for it will focus on playing the game, then anarchy will win again, and forcing the democrats to vote and stop acting...

Wow, things changed a lot overnight.

The fix for this would be to allow combo commands like "Democracy Left" so they can do both at once.

TrickRoom

iirc, the way it happened was that we got our pokedolls trying to buy a stone, ended up with 3 of them, got stuck on the route east of celadon (because of the super-split between going to lavender, going to saffron from that side, or going to saffron from the current side) and ended up using all of them on wild battles for all the times we wandered in the grass. None of them were actually tossed, and if the stream had a more unified goal they wouldn't have stayed around in that grass so long.

Yeah, I know. But (I don't know how democracy will do though) it still seems like the better choice really, considering our past. Also I believe a couple were used in a fight? Given a more constant use of B we should be OK, we had some items for a long time which were never used/tossed.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results my friend. Twitch has made it's choice, and we need to focus first on the task at hand.

For this method to work, he needs to give a minute per vote, that way the lag would be taken into account. It would be very slow but it would get them through. Yeah I don't see the point as that is the same thing as him doing it, but it makes more sense than this which is just people vs. lag. We know what the majority WANT to do and with this system if the lag wasn't there this maze would have been done an hour ago. The only thing stopping it now is the lag, whereas before yeah the lag played a big role but so did every single input.

Kimaka

some people prefer the anarchy system.
Imho, you're just as likely to fail with both systems, but at least anarchy is fun and doesn't take forever.

We were in the base for a day and got absolutely no where. Now we're making progress. I think this is more interesting for this part of the game. Before we were just alternating between the two mazes.

Bumhat

Ok, getting pretty close to the critical part again. Anyone reckon they'll just spam 'down' like before and accidentally step on the wrong tile?

EDIT: IT'S HAPPENING!!!

For this method to work, he needs to give a minute per vote, that way the lag would be taken into account. It would be very slow but it would get them through. Yeah I don't see the point as that is the same thing as him doing it, but it makes more sense than this which is just people vs. lag. We know what the majority WANT to do and with this system if the lag wasn't there this maze would have been done an hour ago. The only thing stopping it now is the lag, whereas before yeah the lag played a big role but so did every single input.

I agree, and it would GREATLY de-incentivize using it for any extended period of time when it could be avoided.

Top Bottom