• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Grizzo

It's automatic, as soon as votes for anarchy exceed democracy by 75%, then it switches over. You can see the current progress to anarchy by the bar at the tip, it is pretty close to changing now.

Yeah but people can switch it back to democracy at any time, if I got it right.

I'm closing the stream for now, I hope things will get back to normal pretty soon!

LProtag

It's better not to switch back to anarchy just yet. If we go up in stead of down/right, we're fucked.

Who cares at this point? It's lame.

When we had anarchy and chaos a lot of random shit happened, but that lead to us coming together collectively to make a story out of it. The real magic of this stream wasn't the thousands of people coming together to control a game of Pokemon together, it was the story we crafted around that. Right now everything's just mechanical, everyone's just focused on telling everyone which inputs to put in and having that happen. There's no story to tell anymore because if we continue with democracy we're just going to-

OH HEY ANARCHY'S BACK!

BenouKat

Banned
Now this is playable but..... it loses all the hellish fun of the anarchy mode. See the world try to fight against himself was my only distraction when watching this stream :(

Red has lost control, he belongs to the hive now. Long live Helix Fossil!

You know, I didn't like this democracy/anarchy thing at first... but it's growing on me. Democracy has it's uses, but to see democracy crumble into anarchy is great fun in this context.

mattp

ugh anarchy is going to instantly ruin the progress made in the maze after this battle ends

back to never making any progress

#teamdemocracyuntilwebeatthemazethenbacktoanarchy

I'm unsure how I feel about anarchy vs. democracy. On one hand, without it the game was practically a slightly-directed random number generator trying to get through, which was interesting in and of itself, and every small accomplishment was made amazing through it.

On the other, democracy still achieves much of the same spirit as the original project while having accommodations for the thousands of people playing. Additionally, it will make the Safari Zone actually possible without cheating or waiting for the project to get unpopular and only have five people actually watching/commanding.

I think having the two set up on a vote system is a pretty good compromise.

DaBoss

This is actually a pretty interesting system. When democracy inhibits progress, the chat votes for anarchy. When order is needed, democracy reigns.

TPP is like the motherload for psychology thesis(es?).

Also they've been levelling oddish?? Oh my. Petal dance vileplum!!
Doesn't Gloom have to evolve using a Leaf Stone?

And yea, this is deep.

ugh anarchy is going to instantly ruin the progress made in the maze after this battle ends

back to never making any progress

#teamdemocracyuntilwebeatthemazethenbacktoanarchy

We've already beat the maze... To get back in we'd literally have to thread the eye of a needle... something we've been consistently terrible at.

(edit) Holy shit at the democracy trolls!

El Sloth

Banned
Democracy was a cop out. Cheapens the accomplishment. Disappointed the creator chose to implement this.

Anarchy was the primary appeal of this whole thing in the first place.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Nope sorry, completely killed the whole thing. The point was that it could have taken weeks and people would have lost interest and then came back to it.
The streamers already intervened before with the start throttle/ignoring start bots and he was gonna interfere again with the safari zone. This is whining about something that has happened and will happen more in the future

ypxTd6K.gif

Top Bottom