• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Toxi

Banned
I see 71 thousand. Is my stream behind or something?

Also, we can still grab a free Psychic TM for Drowzee (And hope to God we use it instead of tossing it). It'll make Pokemon Tower a hell of a lot easier if it overwrites Pound or Disable.

And yeah, what the fuck is going on with the stream. Seriously, this anarchy vs democracy shit is the worst fucking thing.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Right9, the dominant vote in favor of walking into a tree. Second place? Start9, the Twitch filibuster.

I was wrong. Democracy is great.

I've been checking the stream and this democracy thing has caused them to be stuck in Celadon City? for a long time...

Just put back the old movements, it was funnier that way.

I see 71 thousand. Is my stream behind or something?

Also, we can still grab a free Psychic TM for Drowzee (And hope to God we use it instead of tossing it). It'll make Pokemon Tower a hell of a lot easier if it overwrites Pound or Disable.

And yeah, what the fuck is going on with the stream. Seriously, this anarchy vs democracy shit is the worst fucking thing.

Drowzee does have confusion

In olden times, back when there were only 152 Pokemon, a young boy named RED started his journey with nothing more than a few voices in his head. He was given guidance in the form of ABBBBBK(, whose fiery tail lit the way like a candle-light. And so RED found his way through the dark woods and into the bright world. He defeated a stone-cold tyrant, recruited a fledgling, and eventually wandered to the heart of a great mountain. There he met the creator and the destroyer, the spiral of life and the smooth sheen of death. Both offered their services.

The boy chose wisely.

RED and his companions grew strong, recognizing the voices as the song of the Helix. Along the way they found new friends: The midnight comedian, the decadent exorcist, the samurai with a name, and even the now thrice-cursed underminer. The team conquered roaring seas, thunderous storms, perilous cliffs, angry hikers, and even a cavern eternally blanketed in the Dome's dark underbelly.

But RED didn't make it out of that cave unscathed. As he entered the bright and beautiful Celadon metropolis, some new murmers pierced the holy hymn, whispering of a new prophet who would even surpass Blessed Pidgeot. At first he ignored the voices, determined to cut through the malignant foliage that had wrapped around a temple of the Helix. And when that was done, the siren song drew him to the top of a great tower.

ABBBBBB( by that point was old and weak; its body had been broken by the previous toils. The salamander knew that its role was finished, that its former pupil Pidgey had become a mighty warrior, and that RED now thought of it as a burden. Yet the moment it saw the glass-eyed Eeevee, it realized doom was upon them. It remembered that they needed one more warrior to take them across the ocean, and now a trickster was in its place. They had to make space, and there was only one place they could do that.

Coddled by his new "friend" and unable to comprehend the furious words of Helix, RED walked to the edge of a yawning chasm. This was the PC, the gate to both hell and limbo. He questioned the false prophet if his Pokemon would be safe there, and it only nodded and smiled. And with that confirmation, Red cast Pidgeot into the abyss. We would have lost our greatest hero if but not for ABBBBBB( and Jay Leno, who threw themselves in after it. The two unleashed the last of their energy to toss Pidgeot back to the heavens, and then quietly perished.

RED lost two Pokemon that day. Bitter and angry, the Helix followed ABBBBBB('s example and bided its time, and now it has struck great vengeance.

Outstanding.

Cess007

Now they're stuck in an area and they still keep walking toward the wall. This whole Democracy thing is destroying us guys ;__;

I'm almost hoping they decide to grind for a bit to even out the levels for their team, but I have no idea what degree of cooperation would be necessary to do so.

jaded_up_

Banned
Guys, vote anarchy and vote the correct steps. Start9 just isn't going to have the same affect of getting rid of this like last time; the system is here to stay.

Ambient80

Well this is exceedingly less fun, now. It's just arguing over the command type, rather than playing. What were they thinking adding this? Yay it beat one puzzle for us. Now we're working on reaching Ledgegate levels of stagnation.

Toxi

Banned
Drowzee does have confusion
If we teach it Psychic, we either overwrite Confusion with a better Confusion or get rid of a move Drowzee shouldn't be using in the first place.

Unless there's another Pokemon in our party that can learn Psychic, it seems like a good option to me.

But first priority's first: Get the motherfucking Silph Scope.

backlot

They really should just ban start all together. Only people using it are trolls.

You can't beat the game without the start button though. I don't think the streamer wants to stick around 24/7 to monitor when they need the start button and when they don't.

TechOne

The admin has spoken.

5HxzNo0.png

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
the struggle continues as the voice of democracy tries to progress while keeping the forces of anarchy at bay

Zacxx201

Banned
This whole voting system ruined the whole TPP experience. He's changed his variables before the experiment ended. The Streamer should've left it as is until they completed their run, despite how long it would take, and then implemented new systems.

I know the way it was before was rampant with trolls, but dealing with them makes the accomplishment of beating the game that much easier. Save the voting system for the next run.

Phlebas

Banned
Welp I come back and the thread has 40 more pages.

Can anyone give me a quick recap?

I left just after Anarchy was turned back on the first time.

Purkake4

Banned
In olden times, back when there were only 152 Pokemon, a young boy named RED started his journey with nothing more than a few voices in his head. He was given guidance in the form of ABBBBBK(, whose fiery tail lit the way like a candle-light. And so RED found his way through the dark woods and into the bright world. He defeated a stone-cold tyrant, recruited a fledgling, and eventually wandered to the heart of a great mountain. There he met the creator and the destroyer, the spiral of life and the smooth sheen of death. Both offered their services.

The boy chose wisely.

RED and his companions grew strong, recognizing the voices as the song of the Helix. Along the way they found new friends: The midnight comedian, the decadent exorcist, the samurai with a name, and even the now thrice-cursed underminer. The team conquered roaring seas, thunderous storms, perilous cliffs, angry hikers, and even a cavern eternally blanketed in the Dome's dark underbelly.

But RED didn't make it out of that cave unscathed. As he entered the bright and beautiful Celadon metropolis, some new murmers pierced the holy hymn, whispering of a new prophet who would even surpass Blessed Pidgeot. At first he ignored the voices, determined to cut through the malignant foliage that had wrapped around a temple of the Helix. And when that was done, the siren song drew him to the top of a great tower.

ABBBBBB( by that point was old and weak; its body had been broken by the previous toils. The salamander knew that its role was finished, that its former pupil Pidgey had become a mighty warrior, and that RED now thought of it as a burden. Yet the moment it saw the glass-eyed Eeevee, it realized doom was upon them. It remembered that they needed one more warrior to take them across the ocean, and now a trickster was in its place. They had to make space, and there was only one place they could do that.

Coddled by his new "friend" and unable to comprehend the furious words of Helix, RED walked to the edge of a yawning chasm. This was the PC, the gate to both hell and limbo. He questioned the false prophet if his Pokemon would be safe there, and it only nodded and smiled. And with that confirmation, Red cast Pidgeot into the abyss. We would have lost our greatest hero if but not for ABBBBBB( and Jay Leno, who threw themselves in after it. The two unleashed the last of their energy to toss Pidgeot back to the heavens, and then quietly perished.

RED lost two Pokemon that day. Bitter and angry, the Helix followed ABBBBBB('s example and bided its time, and now it has struck great vengeance.
I.. I think I understand now.

RedShift

Anarchy might mean slow progress but at least it isn't boring.

I'd be OK with democracy for the maze and the safari zone, and for using the PC, but screw it for normal things.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
This whole voting system ruined the whole TPP experience. He's changed his variables before the experiment ended. The Streamer should've left it as is until they completed their run, despite how long it would take, and then implemented new systems.

I know the way it was before was rampant with trolls, but dealing with them makes the accomplishment of beating the game that much easier. Save the voting system for the next run.
He had already changed things and was gonna change shit to make sure the safari zone was doable

Top Bottom