• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Growlie19

So as long as we get something that can affect ghosts, we're golden. Either that, or train up Drowzee. Hell, get Hitmonchan for some elemental punching. Sure, it's not great stat-wise for him, but it hits ghosts. That's really all that matters at this point, right?

Cirruss

They should just take out the democracy option.

Nah it'll be useful later on for roadblocks like safari or victory road, when all other options are exhausted and everyone is united in trying to solve it. Right now most people don't want it so it just get start9'd.

Faddy

Banned
so Anarchists spam start9, then anarchy, then start9 which makes this a waste of time and against the purpose of the stream

Toxi

Banned
Can someone PLEASE explain the Flareon/False Prophet joke?
In olden times, back when there were only 152 Pokemon, a young boy named RED started his journey with nothing more than a few voices in his head. He was given guidance in the form of ABBBBBK(, whose fiery tail lit the way like a candle-light. And so RED found his way through the dark woods and into the bright world. He defeated a stone-cold tyrant, recruited a fledgling, and eventually wandered to the heart of a great mountain. There he met the creator and the destroyer, the spiral of life and the smooth sheen of death. Both offered their services.

The boy chose wisely.

RED and his companions grew strong, recognizing the voices as the song of the Helix. Along the way they found new friends: The midnight comedian, the decadent exorcist, the samurai with a name, and even the now thrice-cursed underminer. The team conquered roaring seas, thunderous storms, perilous cliffs, angry hikers, and even a cavern eternally blanketed in the Dome's dark underbelly.

But RED didn't make it out of that cave unscathed. As he entered the bright and beautiful Celadon metropolis, some new murmers pierced the holy hymn, whispering of a new prophet who would even surpass Blessed Pidgeot. At first he ignored the voices, determined to cut through the malignant foliage that had wrapped around a temple of the Helix. And when that was done, the siren song drew him to the top of a great tower.

ABBBBBB( by that point was old and weak; its body had been broken by the previous toils. The salamander knew that its role was finished, that its former pupil Pidgey had become a mighty warrior, and that RED now thought of it as a burden. Yet the moment it saw the glass-eyed Eeevee, it realized doom was upon them. It remembered that they needed one more warrior to take them across the ocean, and now a trickster was in its place. They had to make space, and there was only one place they could do that.

Coddled by his new "friend" and unable to comprehend the furious words of Helix, RED walked to the edge of a yawning chasm. This was the PC, the gate to both hell and limbo. He questioned the false prophet if his Pokemon would be safe there, and it only nodded and smiled. And with that confirmation, Red cast Pidgeot into the abyss. We would have lost our greatest hero if but not for ABBBBBB( and Jay Leno, who threw themselves in after it. The two unleashed the last of their energy to toss Pidgeot back to the heavens, and then quietly perished.

RED lost two Pokemon that day. Bitter and angry, the Helix followed ABBBBBB('s example and bided its time, and now it has struck great vengeance.

I'm not in favor of this democracy system, but goddammit the old way was awful. There's got to be a good middle ground. We need more scripters to combat start spammers and trolls is all.

This isn't fun just because it's chaotic. It's when the people work together to make order out of it that it's kinda cool. And anarchy is not that. Anarchy is spending 24 hours in the Rocket Hideout and then going straight back into the maze when we leave it. Anarchy is near indistinguishable from RNG.

So we just need a little organization here. Not democracy, but for shit's sake we need to make efficient progress by working together.

Like I mentioned earlier, the system should be, at certain points in the game, consecutive inputs trigger ONE input. (Two consecutive "right's" will make the player go right)

It's SORT OF like voting, because if there's more of one command, it'll be likely to register. Prevents Start spam as well.

If needed, change the threshold up to three or four.

todd360

Guys I am a true believer of the helix fossil. I just used the ask helix a question link to ask if I got an A on a test. Helix said certainly. Just got test back and got a 90/100. This is from a teacher who I have never gotten more than a b+ from in 3 different classes on tests.

mattp

I can see people are getting tired of the debate so this is the last thing I'll post about it. If we're going to use democracy to get past seemingly impossible things then it should only be enabled by the admin after we've been stuck for too long (over 12 hours perhaps). Leaving it in the hands of players will just see people going for the easy option too soon. It really sucks that 90% of the inputs right now are votes.

yeah
that or make the requirement for democracy mode be 90% or something, but leave anarchy at 75%

hengyu

Viewership just plummeted like crazy when the Start9 begin.

Whose bright idea was it to have the vote system? I'm fine with using democracy for impossibly difficult situations but the incessant voting has ruined it for me

Grizzo

The only thing really bad with Democracy is the delay between each steps. Seriously, you choose a direction and it takes 10/15 seconds to get any progress. That's tedious.

Lapras would be helpful ,but we're not getting it anytime soon.

I believe we only have Dig and Confusion to deal with ghost pokemon.
Not that it matters for now. We need to beat another floor puzle AND Giovanni.
Which will probably take days at this rate.

mjontrix

Guys I am a true believer of the helix fossil. I just used the ask helix a question link to ask if I got an A on a test. Helix said certainly. Just got test back and got a 90/100. This is from a teacher who I have never gotten more than a b+ from in 3 different classes on tests.

The Helix HATH giveth!

Gestahl

Wow this became boring as shit since I went to bed, manic nonsensical movement is far more preferable to interminably slow correct progress

Wallach

In democracy, Start should require like twice the votes of the second option to function. The compound start commands should just be removed because those are dumb.

Top Bottom