• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

mjontrix

buWnbq2.png

And so it begins - the great anarchy of our time.

I can't wait for the inevitable dmca by Nintendo - the rage will be incredible.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
This whole voting system ruined the whole TPP experience. He's changed his variables before the experiment ended. The Streamer should've left it as is until they completed their run, despite how long it would take, and then implemented new systems.

I know the way it was before was rampant with trolls, but dealing with them makes the accomplishment of beating the game that much easier. Save the voting system for the next run.

there was no next run

the game would have been stuck in the maze until the sun went cold

todd360

I almost feel bad for the false prophet. I wanted him to be power leveled to the point where he wouldn't listen to commands anymore before we got rid of him. Just imagine the jokes. The false prophet refuses to obey! He is truly ready to destroy us once and for all!

vocab

This is dumb. No progress ever gets done now. The only change that was ever needed was a start spam protection cause that shit ruins stuff. RNG stream hits start like every second. Unwatchable.

kingkitty

It just happens to be in anarchy when it dropped. Democracy was the reason we passed the maze and got up the stairs to even get on the correct floor

If anarchy means that Red would have stayed in the maze for the next three months, then so be it. Helix would approve.

Stoze

Getting real sick of this shit. It's start to become not fun.

Well to be honest 30 plus hours sitting in the maze wasn't "fun" either. In fact watching the actual stream isn't fun except for gym leader battles, PC accessing, and the few minutes when the stream is really close to getting out of the maze, ledge, etc.. It's the concept, the aftermath, all the images and memes coming out of this that make it fun. I think it's cool the creator has tried something new to mix it up for a bit, it's been entertaining seeing Anarchy and Democracy divide the chat and start9 becoming a thing. That being said it's obvious this has overstayed it's welcome now, and the creator will probably take it out within the next few hours I'm guessing. If he doesn't, then I'll consider all the whining warranted.

_hekk05

Banned
Someone just told me we released FlareoGOD.

I swear to god if we did I am done with this experiment! He was our destined hero!

He was the false prophet, the bane of us all.

We don't need you. The keeper and bird jesus shall prevail. We are guided by our lord helix. We will vanquish our enemies!

Azuran

Banned
Some progress at last.

Democracy should have been vanquished when we finally got rid of the false prophet. Does that mean there's still another DOME FOSSIL herald amongst our ranks?

So what's going on in the stream right now? Did we pass silph co? People are mentioning a tree being cut, so the game is moving forward now, right?

Tofa7

Banned
So the quest is pretty much over now that we've released Flareon, who, stupid memes aside was our best chance of beating the game.

If we don't get Hitmonchan it becomes close to impossible to get past the Elite 4. Hes the only easily accessible non-underleveled Pokemon left who has access to moves that can hit Ghosts.

It's amusing how short sighted the hive mind is and says a lot about the experiment I think. Hardly anyone realizes how screwed we are late game with just a Pidgeot who can't even learn any more reliable attacking moves, and can't even hit Ghosts.

Wallach

Anarchy is more fun but democracy is for when everyone's tired of anarchy.

Yep. We also are the ones that get to decide as a group when that is. It also makes Anarchy mode more focused since they will not be as random lest people get fed up and push Democracy back into action.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So I heard that TPP has a dedicated server and couldn't be fucking with the rest of Twitch. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

Toxi

Banned
It's funny how Pokemon in RBY have no sex so we interpret them any which way.

I have been watching it off and on the past few days and people use it even when you don't need it for HM's.
People do that, but it's usually fine as long as we counter-B. Hell, it's kinda funny when we accidentally use items or toss them or consult the Helix Fossil.

I did like the start throttle; it made the going easier without actually restricting anyone or becoming a bullshit minigame.
Released into the abyss from which it came.
Helix has no mercy for demons.
So the quest is pretty much over now that we've released Flareon, who, stupid memes aside was our best chance of beating the game.
Not over yet; Drowzee is basically a Magikarp that nukes Ghosts if we get lucky, especially if we get that Psychic TM on it.

Hitmonchan requires grinding to hit Ghosts, IIRC.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
It it anarchy that got the large viewership in the first place, might as well be what eventually pushes the viewers away. Live by the sword, by the sword.
Sounds like a stupid thing to do with a sword. Should probably dance with it or cut trees

Faddy

Banned
So I heard that TPP has a dedicated server and couldn't be fucking with the rest of Twitch. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

Yes. It was disrupting some things so they switched out to a dedicated chat server so the rest of Twitch is firewalled from this torrent of spamchat

demidar

Yep. We also are the ones that get to decide as a group when that is. It also makes Anarchy mode more focused since they will not be as random lest people get fed up and push Democracy back into action.

Emergent optimization of anarchy.

Well I'd say this is a success of a social experiment.

Top Bottom