• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

A-V-B

Yeah, there's a one command lag, it seems, and people aren't thinking a step ahead.

People are going to be stuck on the elevator forever unless they get their act together on this.

Parfait

CixivHk.gif

Drencrom

Democracy is constructed by the evil Dome God, designed to hinder the true spirit of red. All actions taken under it's influence are illegitimate.
But seriously. There will never be another event like this again. Even if this concept continues to draw large numbers, which I doubt, this is forging a new path for online games. Why would we want to A. make it end quicker and more importantly B. Remove the compelling nature and the challenge from it. Anarchy is not only the best system. It's the necessary one.

Yeah, democracy takes away a bit of the fun and challenge

okayfrog

Banned
Democracy is constructed by the evil Dome God, designed to hinder the true spirit of red. All actions taken under it's influence are illegitimate.
But seriously. There will never be another event like this again. Even if this concept continues to draw large numbers, which I doubt, this is forging a new path for online games. Why would we want to A. make it end quicker and more importantly B. Remove the compelling nature and the challenge from it. Anarchy is not only the best system. It's the necessary one.

I think we need to just stop. Even if Democracy is only used once from here on out, it has already done its damage; the battle is over, the boring democracy has won.

This really has become a microcosm of the state of modern gaming. Game starts out hardcore, other people come in, find difficulty in it, want it changed, and it's changed to suit their casual tastes leaving a game that is merely a shell of its former self.

Anarchy has given us crazy releases, consultations, and gym victories. What has democracy given us? What will it give us? Nothing. We'll beat the game quickly, yay, whoopee, then I guess people can move on with their lives...

I think we need to just stop. Even if Democracy is only used once from here on out, it has already done its damage; the battle is over, the boring democracy has won.

This really has become a microcosm of the state of modern gaming. Game starts out hardcore, other people come in, find difficulty in it, want it changed, and it's changed to suit their casual tastes leaving a game that is merely a shell of its former self.

Anarchy has given us crazy releases, consultations, and gym victories. What has democracy given us? What will it give us? Nothing. We'll beat the game quickly, yay, whoopee, then I guess people can move on with their lives...

I think I'm a little bit in love.

Toxi

Banned
Yeah but now we're going down, hahaha

Still, I think you're right and anarchy is really not the answer here. Trolls could mess it all up in an heartbeat.
Trolls are part of the charm of the challenge. Remember the left-trolls when we were cutting down trees? Or the down-trolls who thought they had us at the ledge?

NOW SPAM ANARCHY GUYS WE AREN'T FIGHTING GIOVANNI WITH RULES

Grizzo

YES FUCKING FINALLY

Trolls are part of the charm of the challenge. Remember the left-trolls when we were cutting down trees? Or the down-trolls who thought they had us at the ledge?

Haha true that, and at the beginning I couldn't stop laughing when we lost so many hours at the ledge, but I'm one of those who starts losing their patience after 12 hours or so. I don't think we could have made it out of the maze without democracy, We may never know!

Trey

Democracy coming through once again.

None of this happened. Shame things were ruined for you, though.

rekameohs

Banned

This is a perfect post.

saska

url-1.gif

A-V-B

what are you guys talking about, they got it? You trollin'? They're still in the elevator.

Unless there's something weird going on in my stream.

wmlk

I don't care anymore. Democracy people have no resolve. You all might as well just play Pokémon Red by yourselves since that's pretty much what it is now.

EDIT: Employing Anarchy...

whitehawk

Banned

This is not the same thing and you know it.

okayfrog

Banned
Yep. Some people take things a bit too far with their ridiculous analogies.

I just hope those in favor of democracy use strategy guides and microtransactions and cheat codes. No reason to take longer than needed in a video game. Challenge is for suckers who have nothing better to do.

Top Bottom