• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Wow, democracy is boring. Who cares about watching a slow motion play through where the right moves are made? I turned this on and they chose 4th floor and basically walk in a straight line out of the elevator. Anarchy was much more interesting.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I thought we could only vote for one button press at a time, didn't realise you could make multiple button presses.

In anarchy, you can only do single button presses. Democracy allows for more complex chains of actions.

CixivHk.gif

Perfect. Diaborom(Flare)on was already unleashed upon the world, though.

Wow, democracy is boring. Who cares about watching a slow motion play through where the right moves are made? I turned this on and they chose 4th floor and basically walk in a straight line out of the elevator. Anarchy was much more interesting.

anarchy will return after the giovanni fight for certain. what's boring is being stuck in an area for 24 hours because anarchy can't get more than 6 productive consecutive inputs.

Whools

I think we need to just stop. Even if Democracy is only used once from here on out, it has already done its damage; the battle is over, the boring democracy has won.

This really has become a microcosm of the state of modern gaming. Game starts out hardcore, other people come in, find difficulty in it, want it changed, and it's changed to suit their casual tastes leaving a game that is merely a shell of its former self.

Anarchy has given us crazy releases, consultations, and gym victories. What has democracy given us? What will it give us? Nothing. We'll beat the game quickly, yay, whoopee, then I guess people can move on with their lives...

Totally agree. It should have been left completely unmoderated. I get the justification from the streamers point of view that they want to keep it moving and limit trolling, but it fails to live up to it's principle by having any intervention other than by the viewers.
If there was no intervention, It would have been frustrating for another day or so, but the hype would die down and the frustration would mount and soon there would just be a core following again, and progress would continue.
At least the streamer is not looking to profit off the stream at the expense of it's quality, so it's not completely emblematic of modern gaming ;)

I just hope those in favor of democracy use strategy guides and microtransactions and cheat codes. No reason to take longer than needed in a video game. Challenge is for suckers who have nothing better to do.
If you want to equate what's basically an insurmountable wall to challenge then you're talking crazy

I think that Democracy should be limited to this exact point in the game, and the Safari Zone, and that's it. I'd much prefer it that way personally.

I missed the whole democracy anarchy thing being reimplemented!
They're out of the maze now? I don't like it.
In my view it would have been interesting seeing the wax and wane of viewers as they eventually got bored vs the progress.
Of course you'll be left with a higher percentage of bots so that kinda invalidates the experiment... well it tells us that people are dicks I guess.

Drencrom

I think we need to just stop. Even if Democracy is only used once from here on out, it has already done its damage; the battle is over, the boring democracy has won.

This really has become a microcosm of the state of modern gaming. Game starts out hardcore, other people come in, find difficulty in it, want it changed, and it's changed to suit their casual tastes leaving a game that is merely a shell of its former self.

Anarchy has given us crazy releases, consultations, and gym victories. What has democracy given us? What will it give us? Nothing. We'll beat the game quickly, yay, whoopee, then I guess people can move on with their lives...

Right on the money

Edit: a9? come the fuck on...

Trey

Totally agree. It should have been left completely unmoderated. I get the justification from the streamers point of view that they want to keep it moving and limit trolling, but it fails to live up to it's principle by having any intervention other than by the viewers.

The viewers run everything.

gotoadgo

Some of you get WAY too invested in a stream about a chat playing Pokemon. Perhaps this is the inventors plan? He wanted to have it a certain way until up to a certain part of the game and then change it, seeing how people would react and vote depending on what's happening.

If there was no intervention, It would have been frustrating for another day or so, but the hype would die down and the frustration would mount and soon there would just be a core following again, and progress would continue.
At least the streamer is not looking to profit off the stream at the expense of it's quality, so it's not completely emblematic of modern gaming ;)

It's still 100% percent controlled by the users.

anarchy will return after the giovanni fight for certain. what's boring is being stuck in an area for 24 hours because anarchy can't get more than 6 productive consecutive inputs.

So what, that's the fun of this stream.

You think we would have the drama and shitshow if we actually had correct inputs via voting?

The randomness is what made this whole thing worth watching.

Getting bored? Come back in 12 hours and see if stream progressed, problem solved.

papercamm

I'm not personally fond of the democracy system but I have to wonder if certain parts would or will be even possible without it. I don't think getting surf will be possible without it. Even then, sheesh.

Top Bottom