• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

So I have been folling this somewhat closely for the past 4 days, but what in the hell is this democracy/anarchy stuff? Is democracy just when everyone votes collectively for a direction to go, whereas anarchy is everyone's input having equal value? If so, #teamanarchy

And why the hell does this emulator or whatever recognize everyone saying Democracy and Anarchy? Like in the feed, it will be "up, down, deocracy, up, left, anarchy, left, a, b" or something along those lines, but it doesn't seem to pick up any other things people say?

I'm confused. And I'm very sad that Bird Jesus did not come through

papercamm

tumblr_mvm32091MF1qzuxmqo1_250.gif

Damn him. He's going DOWN.
Sometime tomorrow evening.

You guys still arguing about Anarchy and Democracy are missing the point. They worked together to deliver us the most incredible moment so far (besides maybe ABBBB's Bide against Surge).

Cess007

I gotta say, besides based Pidgeot, we have the worst pokemon team in history.

And we're still kicking asses HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA
I still miss Abby :'(

You guys still arguing about Anarchy and Democracy are missing the point. They worked together to deliver us the most incredible moment so far (besides maybe ABBBB's Bide against Surge).

True. We need both guys, democracy for those hard parts; Anarchy for those wacky and epic battles!

I hadn't had a chance to see this democracy/anarchy stuff till just now, man I understand why people are upset about it, 90% of the chat is democracy/anarchy

GamerJM

Banned

Nah, I'd say the best moments are this and when they finally made it past the Ledge. Probably the end of Mt. Moon too. This is definitely the best Pokemon battle so far.

Toxi

Banned
I'd say Misty's Starmie was also great with that Bubblebeam miss on ABBBB.

And the moment when we cleared the trash cans in minutes after it took hours to learn Cut.

And the moment when we cleared the ledge of doom.

And the moment when we blacked out in a Pokemon Center. XD

We anarchist like to call it "protesting"

We're the new Tibet. We protest because we refused to live under this democratic ruling. We're just fighting for what we believe is right.

I have no problem protesting. People should be allowed to voice their opinions, but accusing the other side of "whining" is a little disingenuous.

The entire notion of democracy in this is the byproduct of a whine.

I can see why the maze was frustrating people. And the whole "wait for the viewer count to drop so it will be easier" was a lot more boring than dealing with a democratic system for a few minutes.

I'd say Misty's Starmie was also great with that Bubblebeam miss on ABBBB.

And the moment when we cleared the trash cans in minutes after it took hours to learn Cut.

And the moment when we cleared the ledge of doom.

And the moment when we blacked out in a Pokemon Center. XD

It's been a lot of fun, and I didn't even witness the bolded!

AngryMoth

I remember the very first time I played Red getting stuck on the elite 4 and restarting because my only decent pokemon was a level 69 pideoget.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I think we need to just stop. Even if Democracy is only used once from here on out, it has already done its damage; the battle is over, the boring democracy has won.

This really has become a microcosm of the state of modern gaming. Game starts out hardcore, other people come in, find difficulty in it, want it changed, and it's changed to suit their casual tastes leaving a game that is merely a shell of its former self.

Anarchy has given us crazy releases, consultations, and gym victories. What has democracy given us? What will it give us? Nothing. We'll beat the game quickly, yay, whoopee, then I guess people can move on with their lives...
I feel like crying now :'(

DaBoss

Moveset:
Flareon had only two moves when it was released, Tackle and some other shit I can't remember. Two of Giovanni's Pokemon were part-rock meaning Tackle wouldn't have done shit. It would have died to one Rock Throw as well.

Level
Unlike Pidgegod, whose level was nearly twice that of Giovanni's Pokemong, Flareon was only at around level ~25. It wouldn't be able to use brute strength to get out of that one.

Base Stats:
stiprdr.png

Every move Giovanni's Pokemon used were physical. As you can see up there from Smogon's website for RBY, that defense is piss poor. Kangaskhan had +3 or +2 attack due to Rage meaning it would easily one shot Flareon. It also has a shit speed, so it would be useless to try and outspeed Giovanni's Pokemon.

Top Bottom