• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Lunar15

FZDWWO3rQDaZtg5yKMNtCAAvcR4Ou61-6X8GwDOVLbnpH17pKj8ibWAKFQdjRQ69U6-Fz-RxIy2QuCE0AjRyhcZo7WU_1bL-G24tXiSsqdMIJsRFqRTIpdC_qQ

I can't. I'm done. It's over.

Toxi

Banned
I love how people put the command "up" in when the cursor is above "ITEM" and put the command "down" in when the cursor is below ITEM.

And by that I mean i fucking hate it.

EDIT: Apparently Spearow is doing great, probably because he's no longer with this crowd.

I don't understand how anyone can watch this for more than 20 seconds at a time, but 13,000 people seem to feel otherwise.

It's just a perfect thing to have running in the background. I check in every 10-30 minutes to see if they've progressed (no), yell a few commands in the chat, and giggle at the hysteria. Also gym battles are a sight to behold.

Damaniel

Banned
"TOSS THE FALSE GOD HELIX FOSSIL"

Mutiny is beginning in the Chat. Moonstone believers are revolting.

Of course they're revolting - they don't bathe and they pray to a powerless moonstone that's so weak that it can be tossed aside on a whim.

ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY HELIX FOSSIL! PRAISE BE UNTO HIM!

I don't understand how anyone can watch this for more than 20 seconds at a time, but 13,000 people seem to feel otherwise.

It's like some weird, fucked up version of baseball, hockey, or soccer/football. Sure, the scoring may not happen very often, but the moment of ecstasy reached when it does occur is only intensified by the buildup behind it.

Jagsrock

Banned
I think what makes it even funnier is that its a game we all know by heart. We no whats supposed to happen and how easy it should be so it makes all the fails hilarious. Plus it's kinda surreal to have 15,000 people trying to play the same exact game.

Cess007

I think what makes it even funnier is that its a game we all know by heart. We no whats supposed to happen and how easy it should be so it makes all the fails hilarious. Plus it's kinda surreal to have 15,000 people trying to play the same exact game.

It seems the people on the channel is dropping. It's 11,000+ right now. Maybe when the night comes in America (continent) less people will be online, and progress is made faster :)

Edit: Damn, people reaaaaaaally like to save, uh? xD

ZeroGravity

It seems the people on the channel is dropping. It's 11,000+ right now. Maybe when the night comes in America less people will be online, and progress is made faster :)
There were still about 5000 people on at 5AM eastern time last night. They were still stuck in Cerulean when I woke up later that day lol

Toxi

Banned
I just realized something: One of the game's mandatory usages of Cut is positioned dangerously close to the Cerulean ledge.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
How are they going to fight with in lavender town? They have no moves on their mains that affect ghosts

Toxi

Banned
How are they going to fight with in lavender town? They have no moves on their mains that affect ghosts
I think they have bigger issues right now. Charmeleon (Charizard's impossible with B spam) will be at a high enough level to learn Flamethrower probably.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I think they have bigger issues right now. Charmeleon (Charizard's impossible with B spam) will be at a high enough level to learn Flamethrower probably.
What if they choose to forget it? The delay that's saves the evolutions makes learning anything a gamble.

Box

It's amazing. They keep coming so close and they keep hitting every other option. You'd think by sheer luck that they'd teach Cut by now. It's not like they haven't taught other moves.

Toxi

Banned
It's amazing. They keep coming so close and they keep hitting every other option. You'd think by sheer luck that they'd teach Cut by now. It's not like they haven't taught other moves.
B spammers and people who spam the wrong direction.

I remember when B spammers were the good guys and START spammers were the bad guys. :(

Cess007

So much hope.

We took over an hour to walk through a door with that many people.

There were still about 5000 people on at 5AM eastern time last night. They were still stuck in Cerulean when I woke up later that day lol

Touché
I just wanna see the explosion of joy in the chat when they learn Cut (and see the fall to desperation again when it takes more hours to use it on the tree)!

Top Bottom