• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

It can learn Blizzard and Thunder Wave in the most recent generation; they haven't really gotten more strict about it lol.

Lots of G1 pokemon can learn an insane amount of special moves. Weezing, Muk, Nidoking/Nidoqueen, Tauros, etc. can learn Flamethrower/T-Bolt/Ice Beam/etc, despite most of them not having the special attack to actually be effective.

we're fucking dead.

he-is-dead.gif

Koren

Ok. Now, I REALLY want to try neural network techniques on Pokemon. Just to see if a computer can finish Pokemon on itself, without human input.

I know that a computer can learn to play games like Tetris or Mario (always wanted to try this miself, just lacked time), but this project made me think that Pokemon could work too, with a long learning time.

wait, what's the next thing to do? I don't remember. I'm not sure if going back to CERULEAN HELL is a good idea.

Get through dark cave, which is on the right of Cerulean. They don't need to go into Cerulean to reach it, but going into the pokemon center would help as they will die often.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Why don't they just ban the spam bots instead of messing with the randomness of the experiment? Kinda defeats the whole point of it...

Lace

Watching the chat reminds me of posting in a fast moving thread in NeoGaf. It's going in a general direction over the course of a couple hours but most of it gets lost in the crowd.

Satch

Banned
i just woke up and im astonished to find that twitch learned cut, used cut, figured out the door puzzle, and beat lt surge while i was asleep

this is absolutely incredible. it's learning.

Top Bottom