• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Wazzy

Banned
The Dream Team

MwarCER.png

ded

I hope they get an Eevee and make a jolteon! Ohhhh that will be interesting who they decide to evolve into :lol

i almost hate to say it, but i think that the streamer may want to consider temporarily banning "down" if this continues for much longer

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
And if they managed to get into it. I assume you have to enter the center to use it as a revive point.

No. IIRC you have to HEAL at the center to have it be a revive point. You can't simply enter it.

If I had the time, I'd test that.

Nyoro SF

i almost hate to say it, but i think that the streamer may want to consider temporarily banning "down" if this continues for much longer

The problem is they go above the corridor they need to go back down again.

No. IIRC you have to HEAL at the center to have it be a revive point. You can't simply enter it.

If I had the time, I'd test that.

I can back that up. You need to heal to register.

Kriken

Agreed, watching a comedy of errors can be funny, but there's a certain point where "haha it's funny because he's gotta try again" becomes "Jesus we've been in the same spot for 4 hours because some asshole wrote 'down' again"

Agreed, watching a comedy of errors can be funny, but there's a certain point where "haha it's funny because he's gotta try again" becomes "Jesus we've been in the same spot for 4 hours because some asshole wrote 'down' again"

Viewer count still rising. People still playing. No reason to intervene.

How is the 'gaf-plays' game going? I haven't seen a link for that in a while.

Went offline about six hours ago. No idea what's going on with it now though.

Amppelix

Neo Member

But the point of the stream isn't to beat the game (well it sort of is), the point is to see what happens when you let thousands of people control Pokemon simultaneously. If they get stuck, they get stuck.

BlueMagic

Wonder if youtube livestreaming has less lag. And if it did, it'd be interesting to see if gameplay gets better with 20k persons still going at it via an irc channel or something like that.

DaBoss

It's because if they're on the bottom they need to head left first.

And there's a 60 second delay on Twitch chat.
I think it is around 20 sec, and I realize that there is the delay. I've seen people put left when they are in the top-right corner after they came from the area in the left.

BlueMagic

Can they put ridiculous amounts of time for slow chat mode? If they put something like 5 minutes in these sensitive parts, then maybe the inputs would slow down to 1 person at a time.

Ironjam

Problem is the delay. They just got to the end but noone was smart enough to say up 20-30 secs before so they fell down instead. :(

SuperSah

Banned
People keep spamming the chat to instruct people to go in the exact opposite direction they want to go.

It's ridiculous, lol.

Guys, seriously, then you have the idiots who keep spamming start/select in the vain hopes to open the inventory and select S.S Ticket which does fuck all.

Koren

Problem is the delay. They just got to the end but noone was smart enough to say up 20-30 secs before so they fell down instead. :(
The travel to the right is less than 20 seconds. Problem is that with too many up, you may not enter the corridor at all...

I can only imagine the game designer that created this place two decades ago... I don't think he would have believed that, two decades later, more than ten thousand people would spend hours trying frantically to avoid falling of the ledge, if someone told him O_O

BlueMagic

What if he started taking sampled inputs? Like 1 in 100 or so. Would that ruin the purity of it? It'd still be random and we are certainly not getting anywhere like this.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
They should change how it's set up so the most popular command over a given period is chosen as the input. There's plenty of people making the right choice but there's enough jackasses with random, disruptive commands to keep messing it up.

Arkadios

Plot Twist: Suddenly, the streamer takes control, plays like a retard on purpose but pass the ledges without people noticing. Hype levels skyrocket but they'll never know the truth...

BlueMagic

Plot Twist: Suddenly, the streamer takes control, plays like a retard on purpose but pass the ledges without people noticing. Hype levels skyrocket but they'll never know the truth...

I was wondering if he had done that for cutting the tree to Surge's gym, and then unlocking the door.

Top Bottom