• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I want to see twitch play super Mario 64 and just get one star.

This is basically abiogenesis. Whether or not the right action happens is random chance.

0uGthSg.gif

For those who missed it

The power of the cloud.

Toppot

I want to see twitch play super Mario 64 and just get one star.

This is basically abiogenesis. Whether or not the right action happens is random chance.

I was wondering the implications of doing this on a plat former, getting people to for example say forward enough and jump at the right time to successfully make it across a gap would be very difficult, if indeed the emulator could press up quickly enough to register as say 'holding the analogue stick forward'.

As for your second point, its not really that random, if the majority want to go say left, then eventually the character will generally move about to the left direction. If you created a program to actually randomly press buttons, it would take much much longer to even leave the first town.

Unfortunately given the confined nature of this ledge we find ourselves at, it will be improbable to make it across going only 'right, up or left'. Down will eventually be registered and restart the cycle.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Without watching. Are we still at that part with the hills you can jump down off that has like, a stair that's only one tile wide?

Out of curiosity, since I haven't been checking it too closely: does it pull the "down" out of statements like "nobody say down"? Or just when they give a direction and nothing else?

I was wondering about this too. Would be funny if all this time the people complaining have only been adding to the problem.

soxxx

Banned
What other games are they playing on twitch?

I guess this would only work for RPGs because a game like Metroid Fusion would be a complete nightmare. 0 chance.

Brak

Why not go the long way around the top? Then a single "down" input is less likely to spoil the whole thing.

edit: ack my bad, that narrow path is the only way.

Top Bottom