• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

DaBoss

The only way possible to do this is if so many people didn't use down inputs or they go from the steps to the ledge.
Why not go the long way around the top? Then a single "down" input is less likely to spoil the whole thing.
Cause it is the only route:
I1qEz0j.jpg

Koren

As for your second point, its not really that random, if the majority want to go say left, then eventually the character will generally move about to the left direction. If you created a program to actually randomly press buttons, it would take much much longer to even leave the first town.
There's a program doing this now on Twitch, it has run for longer, is set on max speed, and indeed is close to the beginning with an awful "team".

Hours without progress, viewer count refuses to lower.

What the hell mate
Noone wants to miss the glorious moment where the team succeed to pass the corridor, managed to pass the trainers... and fall at the next ledge ^_^

Dad

Noone wants to miss the glorious moment where the team succeed to pass the corridor, managed to pass the trainers... and fall at the next ledge ^_^

Don't joke about things like that. I don't think my poor heart could take it.

Koren

Anyone who says down needs to be nuked from orbit.
Pretty sure that many (if not most) "down" are legit, in that when it was typed, the hero actually needed a down move to align itself with the corridor.

I wouldn't be surprised if the lag is a worse enemy here than trolls.

hitme

It's just most people don't realize that Twitch has a 20 second-ish delay.

Either that or they're just trolling this shit out of everyone.

Brak

Anyone who says down needs to be nuked from orbit.
I need full psychological profiles of anyone who is consistently trying to sabotage this run. Like seriously, who are these people?

also: The start button is pretty much disabled; WHY would you keep typing in start? Like multiple people every second. Would someone actually think it's funny? It's totally baffling to me.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I want to see twitch play the gbc version of Dragon quest 1&2, just to see how often they manage to switch games.

DaBoss

Down is needed to position the player and the delay is killing them.

Start can "absorb" the inputs till someone presses B, but to make that useful is hard to do.

Now Left on the other hand (when they are not at the bottom of the ledge) is the most pointless input ever.

Toppot

There's a program doing this now on Twitch, it has run for longer, is set on max speed, and indeed is close to the beginning with an awful "team".

Ah, If it is one one i see (Kingtom404) then yeah its right near the start and has no other pokemon. It could take months for that randomiser to even get a pokeball to use. 255 in game hours LOL.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
With the twitch delay and different amounts of lag on everyone's end this would probably take just as much time even if some people weren't fucking around.

Cess007

Damn, i just woke up and i came here to find out we've already beat St. Surge! Damn (somehow i've managed to miss the 3 gym victories :/) and that we're stuck in the road to Rock Tunne. This will be fun to watch xD

Koren

We're still stuck at the ledge?

TELL ME WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Because they managed to enter the corridor one every ten minutes at best, and then, you have to avoid a *single* down for nearly 10 seconds.

And since down is usually needed to enter the corridor and you have 20-30s of lag... even without trolls, it's a challenge.

Wazzy

Banned
Because they managed to enter the corridor one every ten minutes at best, and then, you have to avoid a *single* down for nearly 10 seconds.

And since down is usually needed to enter the corridor and you have 20-30s of lag... even without trolls, it's a challenge.

I know but four hours? URGHHHHH

Cess007

I know but four hours? URGHHHHH

That's what took them to just open the menu, select HM01 and teach it a pokemon the first time. I'm waiting this to take twice that time.....

... tho i could be wrong, last night i expected to last until morning to solve the Trash cans-puzzle and beat Surge, but they did it already!

Talamius

That's what took them to just open the menu, select HM01 and teach it a pokemon the first time. I'm waiting this to take twice that time.....

... tho i could be wrong, last night i expected to last until morning to solve the Trash cans-puzzle and beat Surge, but they did it already!

RNGesus smiled upon the trashcan run.

Meanwhile the totally random game has levelled charmander from Lvl 9 to Lvl 13 in about an hour and a half - I think it took him a LONG time to beat Gary and get out of Oak's shack, but now he has, he's basically going to end up being level 100 and still in Pallet Town, having utterly destroyed its Ratatta population.

Top Bottom