• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

KarmaCow

Like I said earlier. It should just pick the most common input of every 20 or so inputs. It would solve the trolling. Cause now it's just frustrating to watch lol.

Meh, this isn't really about completing the game but rather the collective internet -- trolls included -- playing the game.

Brak

I was thinking either FF1 or Dragon Quest 1 would make a good Twitch plays.
Final Fantasy 1 would be much tougher since you lose all progress when you die. With Dragon Quest, Twitch could at least get to max level and brute force.

Also, you only need to equip one party member, and you learn spells automatically.

Also also, Dragon Quest is significantly shorter than Final Fantasy.

I was thinking either FF1 or Dragon Quest 1 would make a good Twitch plays.

Not enough people know where to go in those, I wonder what extremely popular game would be possible.

Edit: I never get flash when I want to get through Rock Tunnel, it's a waste of time to get it and I already kinda know where to go.

Finalow

fucking impossible with this 60 second delay between chat/video

the the time all the RIGHTs come in, red has already jumped the curb
not really, that's true most of the time but here we just need to avoid writing down until you arrive in that higher part, and even if they spam DOWN there is a rock there.
this time is just a matter of retards writing the wrong direction.

DaBoss

lfkj17o.png

Mit-

Does anyone know what causes the input stalls on the stream? Perhaps his dedicated server is getting a tad overloaded.

Exalted

While higlly interesting, this stream is the most infuriating thing i watched in my life. One hour of this and i want to punch puppies in the face.

Dreavus

This is hilarious watching from a distance, but if I was more invested in them succeeding and/or participating HOLY SHIT it would be frustrating. Literally one person is all it takes to ruin each attempt, out of the 20k+ watching.

the lag really does kill it

they just walked a good 15 steps to the right

after they jumped the ledge

they'll learn to predict better sooner or later though

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Since when are they trying to get past that spot now?

Limit

All right, honesty time. Statistically there has to be at least one person from here who is typing "down" in order to deliberately stop red from crossing the ledge pathway. I would love to hear the explanation behind why you are are doing this. I promise I won't judge.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Why are so many Starts greyed out? Did he enter a filter somehow? What exactly does the filter do?

Toma

Is there a bigger map somewhere that marks their current location? My memory is fuzzy, I cant remember this ledge.

Mit-

All right, honesty time. Statistically there has to be at least one person from here who is typing "down" in order to deliberately stop red from crossing the ledge pathway. I would love to hear the explanation behind why you are are doing this. I promise I won't judge.
Honestly every person that hits down isn't a troll. Plenty of people type down in order to move Red down to the ledge path, but since it takes 20 seconds for their input to make it, if he gets on the ledge in that 20 seconds, their input then makes him jump down.

Conversely, if I want to troll by hitting down when he's on the ledge, he's either going to make it across before my input comes through, or someone else will have already made him jump.

People just need to spam so many rights and ups that other directions don't get through.

Toma

Instead of intervening with the game itself, they should ban obvious trolls.

That wont solve anything.

And can someone link me the updated document for the playthrough stats? Forgot to save the link.

Mit-

The only thing that will help is Twitch granting some privilege to the stream to decrease its lag to something like 5 seconds or lower.

Chris R

I'd rather see a game where the person samples the chat at second intervals or whatever and executes the most popular choice then.

Ferrio

Banned
I'm surprised he hasn't implimented subscriber only mode. Holy shit the amount of money he'd rake in within the first minute.

Top Bottom