• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Emerald: Right A Down, Right A Down

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Crayolan

-We manage to get to Drake with 100% hp M4 on the run where anarchists sabotage the Pheobe fight to get rid of all our Full restores.
-We only lose 40% of M4's hp in that Drake run because of a single fucking miss on Salamence
-We then lose the Champion battle because of a single fucking Rock Smash

I can't even describe how I feel right now, though I'm more confident than ever that we don't need items for this.

PBalfredo

The consistency of Annie taking down Sidney and Glacia these days is great.

Wow, we're in great shape. Only 5'7" is down as we head towards Drake.

TheOGB

Banned
Why are we grinding? The only ones who don't get as much action now are Mightyena and Vileplume, but they're both capable of pulling their own weight at this point. It's really just on us to stop fucking up as much (and for RNGods to show us mercy).

Ironjam

Why are we grinding? The only ones who don't get as much action now are Mightyena and Vileplume, but they're both capable of pulling their own weight at this point. It's really just on us to stop fucking up as much (and for RNGods to show us mercy).

Well, Doge learns Crunch next level so its worth to lvl him up quick for that.
That said we probably wont learn it anyways. :p

Edit: Yessss, Crunch get!

We're just going to teach Doge Crunch (level 47) and we'll head back.

PBalfredo

uuuuuuuugh if we're back to grinding in Victory Road, I might head off to bed. They're getting closer to winning and at this point it just takes one lucky run. I hate to leave now and ruin my streak of being up for both of the previous E4 and defeating Red, but I didn't sleep well lately and I'm dead tired. I predict they'll get it in five hours. Too long from now to stay up for, just soon enough for me to miss it by a couple hours when I get up -_-

edit: if we're heading back now after getting Crunch, maybe just one more run....

PBalfredo

Oh, is that why we put Double Edge as Doge's first move? So it could be overwritten with Crunch?

lol so many B+downs that once we dislodge ourselves from the PC we sprint right out of the building.

PBalfredo

Annie took us far and now we got Tentacruel fighting the dragons. If she can defeat them without M4 getting bloodied, that would be great.

ERRR forgot Flygon has Earthquake. Ouch.

On to Wallace with 5'7" at full, M4 at 89% and Tentacruel at just 3%

PBalfredo

We're great at getting to Wallace. But he is also our biggest challenge. It's like his team was made specifically to destroy ours. Toxic, Restore, Earthquake. It's brutal.

And with that my frail human body requires sleep. Good luck, everyone.

Why is everyone set on anarchy? It just wastes time in the bag and running into walls.

Also, I hope every asshole who puts start into the chat thinking they're funny gets hit by a semi truck and then backed over repeatedly.

Reyne

Why is everyone set on anarchy? It just wastes time in the bag and running into walls.

This is TPP. The jerky, unpredictable ride from start to finish is what people fell in love with. Its where the suspense and lore comes from. Sure, democracy is necessary at times, but if we use it all the time it will simply become a Lets Play Pokemon, but slower. I don't think many would care to watch that.

So maybe its a waste of time, but then, thats has been the characteristic of TPP since its inception. It makes the victory all the sweeter. We all know how this game end, but most people are here to see it end TPP-style, no matter how long that takes.

Also, I hope every asshole who puts start into the chat thinking they're funny gets hit by a semi truck and then backed over repeatedly.

It's because if straightforward victory were the goal, everybody could play it on their own and get the job done way quicker. The randomness and epic flukes leading to success are what allows the Pokemon to emerge as heroes and villains in the zany story.

Top Bottom