• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Emerald: Right A Down, Right A Down

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

-Horizon-

Can't you use Surf to beat the 7th gym in, like, two turns?
Sure. If you don't mind KOing your other Pokemon in the process. This is assuming we will throw out a Blaziken and an Azumarill during that match. Azumarill using surf will KO Blaziken in a few turns. That or Blaziken will KO Azumarill because Twitch chose the wrong Pokemon to target lol.

RedShift

Sure. If you don't mind KOing your other Pokemon in the process. This is assuming we will throw out a Blaziken and an Azumarill during that match. Azumarill using surf will KO Blaziken in a few turns. That or Blaziken will KO Azumarill because Twitch chose the wrong Pokemon to target lol.

In Gen III Surf doesn't hit your other pokemon thank god.

Gen 3 surf doesn't hit your own pokemon in double battles

Can't you use Surf to beat the 7th gym in, like, two turns?
One might think. Honestly this save is from when Emerald was new, so my memory of the situation isn't the best. What I know is that the highest level Pokemon on my team is a 33 Golduck with surf that does about 1/5th of the Claydols health and even less to the Xatu. Everything else on my team gets one shotted by either Psychic or Earthquake. Edit: haha I just checked again and I have a Shedinja on my team which I assume I brought cuz its immune to earthquake and psychic. Sadly the Claydols ancient power makes short work of it.

Since it was so long ago that I played I have no idea how I got so far with my Pokemon all being 10 levels underleveled and the thought of grinding out those 10 levels was apparently enough to make me quit all those many years ago.

One day we will take on the ultimate challenge, Twitch Plays Pokemon: Nuzlocke Edition

But how could we force the stream to erase the right pokemons? Could we get a modded rom in which pokemons that die are immediately released?

EDIT: We got another dog from the PC. -_-

EDIT 2: We are getting wrecked again...

EDIT 3: You gotta be kidding me, he must had left 1-3 HP. God damnit.

See guys. We only won because a crit. Bulk Up+Berry+Potions=hard gym leader in Brawly with a very bulky and powerful Makuhita with Vital Throw and Reversal killing everything

SkyOdin

By the way, what is the end goal of this Emerald run? Defeat the Elite Four and Wallace? Defeat Steven? Defeat the Frontier Brains? When do we end?

-Horizon-

It does hit both opponents, but iirc damage on each Pokemon is less than it would be against only one.
Good to know. So even with surf, we won't beat the 7th gym in a couple of turns. They'll spam hyper potions and use psychic. Then cosmic power will raise they're special defense.

By the way, what is the end goal of this Emerald run? Defeat the Elite Four and Wallace? Defeat Steven? Defeat the Frontier Brains? When do we end?

Hope its the frontier brains. Factory is awesome, Pyramid is perfect for this run, and Palace is funny because our Pokemon will be more competent in choosing moves than us

Reyne

Soon, Torchic might be a greater case if "a bunch of power in a tiny body" than LAzrGatr

If I remember correctly, Totodile evolved to Croconaw at level 29 I think, but due to democracy. Soon thereafter we got Feraligatr in anarchy, which was cool. So yeah, not record breaking yet. Still, seem to me the odds of evolving in Gen 3 are lower because the animation sequence is longer. Dunno, we might just catch a break sooner or later from the B spammers.

If I remember correctly, Totodile evolved to Croconaw at level 29 I think, but due to democracy. Soon thereafter we got Feraligatr in anarchy, which was cool. So yeah, not record breaking yet. Still, seem to me the odds of evolving in Gen 3 are lower because the animation sequence is longer. Dunno, we might just catch a break sooner or later from the B spammers.

That and we don't have democracy.
Got really close at level 21 though

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It will be a long time before Torchic ever evolves.

Reyne

Exp-share is pretty easy to get in this game.

Thats sweet and all, but without democracy we couldn't begin to put it to good use anyway. We really did use democracy for a lot of little things in Gen 2 like putting the Exp Share on Pokemons we needed to grind ( Eevee, Dratini, Onix ), giving us a very balanced team at the end. I don't see us doing that now. On the other hand, or starter isn't quite as dominant either.

Unlucky

I love this so much
I6c5U2W.png
By Siranae on Reddit

Top Bottom