• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Emerald: Right A Down, Right A Down

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Gsnap

Emerald group=worse than Red group with 80,000+ numbers at getting stuff done

Miss the days that would happen, back then, major events would get page after page in neogaf. Lore suffers too, because less people are making artwork

TPP needs a cultural renaissance and revival too. I'm officially working towards it, bring holy figures and major figures in history back into relevance. It's high time A went to the textbooks

They probably should've taken longer breaks in between games. Could be the novelty is wearing off. Give people a chance to miss it and want it to come back.

Crayolan

We actually made it to Maxie for once! But with M4 at low health and paralyzed, she couldn't even beat his first pokemon. We then desperately tried to use a Max Revive we had, and we actually did it! But we revived Graveler instead of M4, who quickly selfdestructed. Hilarious fight.

dentoomw

Emerald group=worse than Red group with 80,000+ numbers at getting stuff done

Miss the days that would happen, back then, major events would get page after page in neogaf. Lore suffers too, because less people are making artwork

TPP needs a cultural renaissance and revival too. I'm officially working towards it, bring holy figures and major figures in history back into relevance. It's high time A went to the textbooks

What saved Crystal was how the lore tied in with Red.

Right now that is still missing here. It was a great start with A having multiple personalities and a hidden murderous streak - I'm sure someone will figure something out. The Doge and Oddish army and losing 3 semi-important pokemon are all good workable material.

CCS

Banned
Our current team is good enough that I don't think we need to risk going near the PC again. If we do we'll probably end up with a team made entirely out of salad.

Sorry if old fucking crying here :D:D:D:D

mOY2qTz.gif

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Rollout is a liability now. Need to get Surf in 1st slot so that M4 can be more effective. He's getting owned currently by pokes half his level.

Huh? But "don't use legendaries" is not checked. Wouldn't that make it possible for Mewtwo and company to pop up in a bush?
They also checked to only randomize legendaries with other legendaries and normals with other normals. So Mewtwo might be where Zapdos was, but none of them will be in tall grass where you might find a rattata normally.

They also checked to only randomize legendaries with other legendaries and normals with other normals. So Mewtwo might be where Zapdos was, but none of them will be in tall grass where you might find a rattata normally.
But isn't that's only for static pokémon? The streamer also didn't check 'similar strength' so we could find some really strong monsters in route 1, I think?

Streamer has posted info on the settings he'll use for the FireRed randomiser: http://imgur.com/RYPumvW :)
So in-game trades could actually be impossible. Interesting. Not to mention the movesets. HMs might be a bit of a nightmare.

This is also my first discovery of the randomiser. I wonder if the streamer will share the seeds so people can play at home. Well maybe after completion like the save games as it will kill the fun knowing everything.

cHinzo

Stoked for FireRed. Going back to Kanto will be glorious! The Emerald run is just plain boring and even Crystal had a better lore. Switching half the team after every couple of days doesn't really help either.

Isn't Mewtwo a static pokemon? Maybe I'm wrong and the non-static pokemon can also be legendaries.
I always took that option to be that static pokémon can be anything, so when you go fight Zapdos, Mew could appear. But legendaries can ALSO appear in the wild. I'm not sure, that's just how I read it.

It's amazing that M4 has a higher level than most pokémon in Red and Crystal. Only LazorGator and Zapdos have her beat.
But considering how low Azumarill's stats are, Steelix, Dragonite, Espeon, Omastar, and maybe Nidoking are stronger than her

Crayolan

Looks like we're finally making progress. We made it to the Aqua Hideout and caught a Mightyena for the team on the way. This should go much more smoothly than the Magma Hideout since no wild encounters, though we might have some trouble actually navigating the hideout due to warp pads and getting the masterball which is stuck behind a difficult warp pad puzzle.

Edit: Actually just managed to get the masterball. And really easily at that. Time to throw it at a trainer's pokemon!

It's amazing that M4 has a higher level than most pokémon in Red and Crystal. Only LazorGator and Zapdos have her beat.
But considering how low Azumarill's stats are, Steelix, Dragonite, Espeon, Omastar, and maybe Nidoking are stronger than her

Huge power wouldve alleviated that a bunch and helped with rollout a bunch too

Crayolan

I don't have the stream up.

They were in Lilycove yesterday or whenever so are they now in Mossdeep?

Still in Lilycove. They spent the end of the day yesterday+most of today backtracking to Mauville, then trying to beat the Magma Hideout. When they finally did they had to go to Slateport and back to see the Submarine being stolen by team Aqua, and then after that they headed back to Lilycove to do the Aqua Hideout.

Top Bottom