• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Emerald: Right A Down, Right A Down

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

-Horizon-

Still in Lilycove. They spent the end of the day yesterday+most of today backtracking to Mauville, then trying to beat the Magma Hideout. When they finally did they had to go to Slateport and back to see the Submarine being stolen by team Aqua, and then after that they headed back to Lilycove to do the Aqua Hideout.
Aw man. So Aqua hideout is in the same place as in R/S then? Where's the magma hideout?

Crayolan

I feel like I missed a lot by only playing Ruby.

You did. Emerald has:
-A more difficult main game
-Magma Hideout
-Magma event at Mossdeep
-Different resolution to the story involving Rayquaza (obviously)
-A new 8th gym leader
-A new Champion
-Gym Leader Rematches
-Can catch all 3 story legendaries
-Special Events (require real life events) that let you catch Deoxys, Mew, Lugia, and Ho-oh
-A Post-game super boss similar to Red
-E4 Round 2
-And most importantly, the Battle Frontier, which IMO is better than everything else I've listed combined. Which is why I hope the streamer will let us play around in the Frontier for a while after we beat the E4.

backlot

You did. Emerald has:
-Magma Hideout
-Magma event at Mossdeep
-A new 8th gym leader
-A new Champion
-Gym Leader Rematches
-Special Events (require real life events) that let you catch Deoxys, Mew, Lugia, and Ho-oh
-E4 Round 2
-And most importantly, the Battle Frontier, which IMO is better than everything else I've listed combined. Which is why I hope the streamer will let us play around in the Frontier for a while after we beat the E4.
The Emerald Battle Frontier doesn't scale your Pokemon's levels, right? If TPP played it they'd have lv 100 Azumarill and two lv 30 guys against teams of lv 100 Pokemon.

Toxi

Banned
The Emerald Battle Frontier doesn't scale your Pokemon's levels, right? If TPP played it they'd have lv 100 Azumarill and two lv 30 guys against teams of lv 100 Pokemon.
There's at least the Battle Factory. Nothing like fighting with Pokemon you have no clue how to use.

Temathael

At the 7th gym now. This will actually be challenging if we continue to fail to select any other attack than Rock Smash for M4.

Temathael

So we just got wrecked by Tate and Liza. Winning them is really hard with this team if we cannot select Surf constantly.

We need to grind now and possibly visit the PC!

RedShift

I've only been gone for a few days but somehow Azumarill grew about 30 levels.

When did we get a Graveller? Rest of the team looks a bit shit. At least one of the Doges evolved I guess.

CCS

Banned

When did we get a Graveller? Rest of the team looks a bit shit. At least one of the Doges evolved I guess.

Actually, that doge is one we caught after pc-ing pikachu.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

Graveller would be good if it didn't selfdestruct itself most of the time.

-Horizon-

You did. Emerald has:
-Magma Hideout
-Magma event at Mossdeep
-A new 8th gym leader
-A new Champion
-Gym Leader Rematches
-E4 Round 2

I want to buy this now but at the same time I'll have to get a used one (new prices start at $300, you cray cray internet) and that feeling of impending remake is making me hesitate.

TheHater

I don't understand how a master ball can be using during trainer battle.
Funny as hell that we wasted it but why can it be used in a battle between trainers.

So I heard 5'7" just became Little Mac by learning Hawaiian Punch. Maybe now he can finally get experience.
Edit: even if he replaces it with explosion at level 53, it's a lot better than being stuck with self-destruct at his current level.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
You did. Emerald has:
-Magma Hideout
-Magma event at Mossdeep
-A new 8th gym leader
-A new Champion
-Gym Leader Rematches
-E4 Round 2
Wait, who was the red like boss at the end? I don't remember that.

Reyne

Wow, they won in the double battle? It was the overpowered Azumarill wasn't it? lol

Well, we wouldn't have made it without Azumarill, but it was a close thing at the end and one clutch crit surf made the difference. Had it been a rock smash or any other move we would have lost the battle as Azumarill only had 2% HP left.

Garjon

I'm sorry but that beats out the Lt Surge for clutchness. Down to 3HP on last 'Mon, about to be finished off, Leader, due to idiotic AI, decides to use a Hyper Potion, Surf gets a critical OHKO.

I'm going to write an epic romanticised poem that will be taken literally in 5000 years time.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I want to buy this now but at the same time I'll have to get a used one (new prices start at $300, you cray cray internet) and that feeling of impending remake is making me hesitate.

Plus the fact that you're more likely to run into fakes copies rather than a legit one, which is a shame Pokémon Emerald is Hoenn done right.

I really hope that Game Freak remake Ruby and Sapphire so more people can enjoy the Hoenn region.

-Horizon-

Well, we wouldn't have made it without Azumarill, but it was a close thing at the end and one clutch crit surf made the difference. Had it been a rock smash or any other move we would have lost the battle as Azumarill only had 2% HP left.

Now I'm really sad I missed it. And I'm on my laptop finally too, ugh D:

Plus the fact that you're more likely to run into fakes copies rather than a legit one, which is a shame Pokémon Emerald is Hoenn done right.

I really hope that Game Freak remake Ruby and Sapphire so more people can enjoy the Hoenn region.

Fakes??? Forget it then. I'm not risking buying a fake copy.

Hindl

Amen. R/S get so much hate but Hoenn was honestly one of my favorite regions. Definitely up there with Kanto and Kalos in my book

kyo2004

A little bit of M4 fanart

7V4wyeD.png

From http://dt.reddit.com/tb/221fmz

8UzVUdjGQnP0.png

From http://dt.reddit.com/tb/220ng6

RGamer2009

Neo Member
Wow, I have not been keeping up with this one. We lost Zexxy?! Azumarril is now a powerhouse?! ALPHA IS IN THE PC?!

5'7 and X-Wing are good names though, heh.

We should somehow get the name "Mighty N#" to stick to Mightyena. It would fit our doge's alpha status over all the other doges in the PC.

Top Bottom