• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Emerald: Right A Down, Right A Down

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
Does anyone have a map for this cave? I need to know where we're going.

Floor 1
Victory_Road_1F_E.png

Floor B1
Victory_Road_B1F_E.png

Floor B2
Victory_Road_B2F_E.png

Follow the ladders and go by the route where you have to use waterfall twice

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
TIME LIMIT HAS BEEN SET.

FireRed will start in 3 days and 12 hours!

TPP is currently on Victory Road.

Do we have a good enough team to beat the E4? Wingull/X-Wing is a lost cause. We need to level up Queen Cabbage, Doge, Tentacruel, and Graveler though.

kyo2004

Hmmm... Randomized Fire Red incoming in 3 days (Tuesday at 8PM utc-5...)... Based streamer put on us a nice motivation to finish Emerald... XD

Kensuke

Man, just 2800 people watching a while ago. I've never seen it that low. Maybe the streamer put the timer on because he wants to move on.

TIME LIMIT HAS BEEN SET.

Do we have a good enough team to beat the E4? Wingull/X-Wing is a lost cause. We need to level up Queen Cabbage, Doge, Tentacruel, and Graveler though.

That's way too short. We might not beat E4 this time around

EDIT: WE're behind each stream at this point, but we didnt have democracy for a very long time
pajuxG5.png

M4 is also now TPP's strongest pokemon ever in terms of levels

EDIT2:
zo1DiEv.png

EDIT3: Hoenn Vicory Road Anime Remix

PBalfredo

That's way too short. We might not beat E4 this time around

EDIT: WE're behind each stream at this point, but we didnt have democracy for a very long time
pajuxG5.png

That a very tight deadline. The only real power we have on our team is M4. She's not that much higher level than Zapdos was. It took a small miracle for Zapdos to sweep the E4 in Red, and that was with a legendary using a STAB that was super effective or neutral against everybody. Azumarill is most definitely not a legendary and her STAB is going to be heavily resisted.

Even our most balanced team, the Crystal team, took half of the challenge time to beat the E4.

8WTOVHl.png

That a very tight deadline. The only real power we have on our team is M4. She's not that much higher level than Zapdos was, and it took a small miracle for Zapdos to sweep the E4 in Red, and that was with a legendary using a STAB that was super effective or neutral against everybody. Azumarill is most definitely not a legendary and her STAB is going to be heavily resisted.

Even our most balanced team, the Crystal team, took half of the challenge time to beat the E4.

8WTOVHl.png

Yeah realize this. I understand he wants to get to Randomized FireRed, but he cant just give us a near impossibe time limit

Gsnap

There's a time limit? That's so stupid. They shouldn't even be starting the Fire Red playthrough so soon anyway.

People are already losing interest. Starting another run right away (of a remake, no less) and people aren't going to care. Give them a break and they'll want to come back.

harmonize

There's a time limit? That's so stupid. They shouldn't even be starting the Fire Red playthrough so soon anyway.

People are already losing interest. Starting another run right away (of a remake, no less) and people aren't going to care. Give them a break and they'll want to come back.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but people have already long lost interest in this. Taking a break between Crystal and Emerald did nothing to stymie the loss of viewership, with Emerald tracking far below Crystal during the same points in their runs.

There's a dedicated several thousand people who will keep the stream alive regardless of what happens, that's all that should be expected at this point.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
It's okay, there's still a checkpoint. I swear I don't remember if I ever finished Emerald or not.

Gsnap

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but people have already long lost interest in this. Taking a break between Crystal and Emerald did nothing to stymie the loss of viewership, with Emerald tracking far below Crystal during the same points in their runs.

There's a dedicated several thousand people who will keep the stream alive regardless of what happens, that's all that should be expected at this point.

How long was that break? Like, a week?

I'm talking about a month or so. Crystal shouldn't have started so soon after Red. And Emerald shouldn't have started so soon after Crystal.

Doesn't matter, though. It would only allow the novelty to last a little bit longer, still not resulting in anything that great anyway.

PBalfredo

We beat Sidney, but for how high level she is, M4 has a real problem putting away opponents quickly without high momentum Rollout. She's going to accrue a LOT of attrition.

Now it's ghost time! We always have just the best of luck against E4 ghosts.

GimMick

It's unlikely they're going to beat the game this time. Azumarill can't tank so many trainers in a row (poisoning/paralyzing/burning will render her too vulnerable and Wallace's Ludicolo will completely wall her, even at Lv100), and the other Pokemon can hardly make a dent (and we'll lack time to grind them properly).

With one week remaining it should have been doable though.

PBalfredo

If we hope to have any chance, we have to grind our weak pokemon in Victory Road. They won't get exp running our head against the E4, they knock out our weak pokemon too fast. M4 is pretty much as strong as she's going to get and she can't do it on her own.

I would say that we should catch a level 40 Hariyama in Victory Road to help against Sydney/Glacia but using the PC is too risky. It would be all over if we lost M4.

I would say that we should catch a level 40 Hariyama in Victory Road to help against Sydney/Glacia but using the PC is too risky. It would be all over if we lost M4.

We could always get it back under democracy, but I'd be more afraid of accidentally releasing vileplume under anarchy in the mean time, as it's by far our most important non-m4 pokemon due to being a grass type (our rival is water type).

Time limit is bullshit.

Even if we do beat the Elite Four, being robbed of the chance to take on the Battle Frontier is a real missed opportunity.

Crayolan

TIME LIMIT HAS BEEN SET.

Wtf streamer? Why not implement the time limit after? Most people want some time to do post-game things.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
As much as I have no problem with democracy to use PC or items, going for democracy with no plan during the E4 is either dumb or just plain trolling.

We don't have items for healing, and we don't have access to the PC. There'd be no point :|

Kabuto

I only occasionally watch the stream to see where you guys are at, but can someone explain to me why the sound randomly gets really bad? I never noticed that when I tuned into Red and Crystal Version, but it happens every time I watch Emerald.

I think it's possible to beat the Elite 4 but Wingull has got to go and the non M4 pokemon have to be high leveled

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Of the roughly 5000 viewers I'm guessing 90% are idling/not doing anything. And 9.9% are trolls/bots And 0.1% are inputting something useful.

Also, "Where is our starter?" is getting a bit old.

Top Bottom